Stat Priority for Resto Shaman

A friend of mine is gearing up her shaman for arena mostly but also rbgs and read some guides that gave the stat priority of crit = haste > mastery as the consensus but there is no mention of spirit. Should she avoid all if not most pvp items with spirit or should she be getting the spirit pieces and reforging into crit or haste. Also wanted some insight on why those are the best stat priorities (assuming those are accurate). And if anyone has a geared resto shammy that we can check out an armory on, that'd be awesome.

you can check out my armory, but I'm not in my pvp spec or gear right now. I dont have a lot of spirit. For arenas I dont see much need for it. Haste/Master is good of course. Not sure how much crit I have. I do know I don't use a lot of spirit fo rpvp though.

I gem int & spirit in blue, int & resil in red, and resil in yellow. For gear I bought 4 piece resto with ele legs, spirit offpieces, spell pen cloak and spirit battlemasters. I reforge as much spirit as possible, it lets me be more aggressive with the dispels, frost shocks, etc. so I don't have to worry about going oom so fast. For secondary stats I like mastery over haste or crit. I think the shaman mastery is well suited for pvp, it is healing when you need it most. Sometime's I end up faking a lot to juke 2 interrupts so I end up healing with only riptide, dispel, and UE for quite a while. I think that diminishes the value of haste quite a bit.
    Last edited by Arcsecant; 2012-03-10 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrberry View Post
    A friend of mine is gearing up her shaman for arena mostly but also rbgs and read some guides that gave the stat priority of crit = haste > mastery as the consensus but there is no mention of spirit. Should she avoid all if not most pvp items with spirit or should she be getting the spirit pieces and reforging into crit or haste. Also wanted some insight on why those are the best stat priorities (assuming those are accurate). And if anyone has a geared resto shammy that we can check out an armory on, that'd be awesome.
    The top shamans seem to favor gemming Resil and and gear with spirit on it. In Arena don't forget about spell pen.