Back and Looking for help

After a 3yr absence from WOW, i'm finally back and well I've used the lvl 80 boost to come back as a Paladin ready to tackle some PVP..
    LOL only problem is i know jack diddley about being a paladin especially a RET PALA. So basically i'm looking for some assistance.
    What are the importance Spells, Armor, and such things. to be a successful Ret Paladin. Any helpful Addons i can download and helpful (non trolling) tips.

thank you kindly

Check your spell book and go to the enemy dummy and read the tooltips.

go to google and search for "ret paladin pvp spec" or something in that fashion and a lot should come up.

Also: Just start pvping and you will learn to pvp on your way up to level 85. (I assume you are going to 85?)

Heres some advice for playing Ret in PvP:

1) Your Word of Glory with a proper spec (2/2 Last Word and Selfless Healer) is SICK. If you see someone in your team with less than 35% health and a divine purpose proc or 3 holy power up, throw a Word of Glory at him and giggle . Also remember that you can cleanse yourself out of snares and throw your different Hands on your teammates (Freedom, Protection and Sacrifice).

2) Even though we are melee, most other melee classes hit harder than us when in melee range. You can do good damage on ranged distance with Seal of Truth, Judgement, Exorcism and Hammor of Wrath. Try out kiting other melees to learn how and when to do it.

I recommend these talents and glyphs: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2012-03-10 at 06:29 PM.

thanks for the assistance.. i'm a total noob with paladin but always wanted to roll one.. any advice on Add ons and Rotations for PVP and Leveling ??

If you're really on a complete beginner level just go to http://www.noxxic.com/pve/paladin/retribution and read through everything there. For PvP I personally don't use any addons at all exept TidyPlates and CooldownCount which I really don't need that much tbh.

The Noxxic guide might not be completely up to date but I don't really know any other good resources. Read the guides you find on the forums here and also check out the one on elitistjerks.com. There's also an old guide from Vanguards here: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/18...din-pvp-guide/ *EDIT* The Vanguards guide actually seems updated for 4.3
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2012-03-10 at 09:22 PM.

that noxxic site is complete shit and gives bare bones information or misinformation.

"haste and crit are similar" lol not even close sorry.

Or my favorite one, hammer of wrath with a #3 priority.

Failure guide that can't even get basics right.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-03-10 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    that noxxic site is complete shit and gives bare bones information or misinformation.

"haste and crit are similar" lol not even close sorry.

Or my favorite one, hammer of wrath with a #3 priority.

Failure guide that can't even get basics right.
    Not to be rude, but if its a failure guide why not supply a guide that might be useful then instead of just and whine. but i do appreciate the help to all those with info and assistance

thanks

Hammer of Wrath should be moved down to #6 on that priority list and crit is now better than haste. I'm truly sorry about spreading that misinformation, Sk3tz0. I hope you can forgive me for not reading through everything before linking it.

lol no worries.. im total noob.. when it comes to being a Ret Paly.. i wouldnt have known it to be wrong in first place.. but again thanks all for assisting ..

Quote Originally Posted by Sk3tz0 View Post
    Not to be rude, but if its a failure guide why not supply a guide that might be useful then instead of just and whine. but i do appreciate the help to all those with info and assistance

thanks
    Why not take the most useful assistance in this whole thread when i told you the guide was wrong so you didn't repeat mistakes.

Also there is a search function to *gasp* find ret paladin guides written by myself and others that are on Page1.