Poll: Where will Peyton Manning wind up?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Speculation: Who will get Peyton Manning

I know there is another thread about Peyton Manning, but there isn't a poll speculating where he could land. If a mod wants to, they could close this thread, and merge this poll with that thread, or just keep them both open since this particular forum doesn't get a lot of traffic anyways.

I think Peyton will choose the Broncos, they have a stellar defense, good play makers on offense minus Tebow trying to throw the ball, and it would also help Tebow, because Peyton probably only has 3-5 years left anyways, and Tebow could learn from one of the best QBs how to properly throw a ball, and manage a normal pro style offense. Miami would be my second choice, because they too have acquired a lot of play makers on offense and have lots of money to throw at him.

I only chose what speculation (ESPN) has it as the most likely places to land him.

I didn't include the Redskins because it would appear they are going for Griffin #3 since they have made a non binding trade with the Rams that would give them a higher pick in the draft, and put them in a spot to most likely be able to pick him.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-03-10 at 10:26 AM.

Manning is going to choose whichever team he thinks has the best chance of winning. As far as current teams go, I think that's a tossup between KC and Denver. However, if the Texans jump in the mix then I absolutely think he'll go there. What better way to come off a season-ending injury than make it deep into the playoffs, and potentially the super bowl? That's on his mind.

Deleted
    Seahawks or Dolphins imo. Those teams are the ones that will give him the most money.

Oh and the Texans are completely out of the question. The Texans already have Matt Schaub, only reason you don't hear his name so much is because he got injured midseason last year, and therefore couldn't post good stats, but prior to that he was one of the better QB's in the league.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-03-10 at 09:09 AM.

Peyton Manning

Pretty much all eyes on him. Hopefully he goes to Miami with Reggie Wayne!

Unfortuantely, it doesn't matter where manning's heart is, he's going to follow the money.

He will not go to the NFC, and if he wants to win he Won't play in the AFC east against Brady and Rex twice a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    IF YOU CAN'T COMPETE IN ARENAS YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE IN RATED BGS!! LEARN TO PLAY!!!

I'd like to see him on the Dolphins if he's determined to play in the AFC.

The man wants a Superbowl win, that is going to mean more to him than money, so he's looking for a team that could work for him. I'm not a football guru but I would guess Broncos to be the most likely with the second most likely option to be the Dolphins. I think he'd do well on either team, TBH. I just think he wants to be remembered as a football legend himself, rather than the older brother of a football legend simply because his younger brother has 2 and possibly more Superbowl wins to come while he has the one (and sorry, Peyton is still the better QB).
    Last edited by PBitt; 2012-03-12 at 02:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see him moving to a cold weather outdoor stadium.

Also doesn't he share Agent with Tim Tebow? After Tebow pretty had the feel good season of his career I doubt he'll want to get dumped down to second.

That'll be an awkward day in Denver.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I would like him to come here to AZ but I think its Seattle. I was certain it was Washington tho and thats no longer an option. Who knows really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    That'll be an awkward day in Denver.
    Tell that to the billboard in Denver that took votes and came out something like 70/30 Manning.

10+ Year Old Account
    tebow mania could be dead..

I didn't agree when everyone was saying Miami.. like an above poster said, why go to Miami and make the AFC East a 3 horse race, when he can go to a weaker division and virtually be guaranteed a playoff spot? Unless he wants the challenge...

I agreed with the notion that he didn't want to go to an NFC team because of Eli and how he didn't want to get in the way. Less chance of a brother vs brother superbowl than a brother vs brother crucial regular season game that has playoff implications... etc etc... BUT.. he's never come out and said that.. *it's just speculation on our part.

My dark horse before this whole ordeal was the Titans.. which could still be alive.. but thinking about it more..i don't see him going back to the divison. My next pick would be Arizona.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    tebow mania could be dead..
    Tebow mania will be packing up its luggage and moving back to Florida where it will be bigger and better than ever. Jacksonville will be insane not to get Tebow if the Broncos sign Manning. I read a proposed deal today that would send Tebow and Denver's 1st (27) to Jacksonville for their 1st (7) and Blaine Gabbert.

LOL.. if I'm Denver, I take that deal in a heartbeat

The minnesota vikings will swoop in with no fanfare prior, and get him! Then I will wake up and realize I am stuck with watching christian ponder suck some more

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    The minnesota vikings will swoop in with no fanfare prior, and get him! Then I will wake up and realize I am stuck with watching christian ponder suck some more
    Don't worry, at some point the Vikings coaching staff will realize that they are a much more dynamic and good team with Joe Webb under center. How many times last year did he come in and all the sudden the Vikings are right back in a game or ended up winning? I know he nearly did it to Detroit. Detroit was dominating the Vikings, Webb came in and suddenly the Vikings completely flipped a switch and nearly won that fame. The Vikings nearly won on the final play of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sou1eater View Post
    Unfortuantely, it doesn't matter where manning's heart is, he's going to follow the money.
    He would much rather go to a super bowl contender than make money. No matter where he goes he's going to receive 20 Million+ a year so the money is irrelevant as far as his decision is concerned.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 01:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deftone007 View Post
    I would like him to come here to AZ but I think its Seattle. I was certain it was Washington tho and thats no longer an option. Who knows really.
    Manning refused to talk with Seattle, so he won't end up there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Manning refused to talk with Seattle, so he won't end up there.

That information came from a writer at the DENVER POST. Later that day it was revealed that he didn't decline the Seahawks or the Chiefs.

my team isnt on the list. shame, good year or not i still think alex smith is some doo doo