Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Let a 7 year old play outside (supervised offcourse) play ball with him/her go to an amusement park or something. start with games later (much later) or his mind will be rotten soon.

give him games that will train his mind .. so no mindless mario games or something :P
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted
    Ratchet & Clank is awesome. I'm at the age of 19, and i still love playing them. And so does my 8 year old brother.

Get them the gift of outdoors and other real life activities. Young kids shouldn't sit on gaming consols and sure as hell shouldn't play anything on the internet. Get them a book or basketball.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

sports games are quite fun to play together maybe buy a ps3 move and try some of those games? kids love things like the wii

---------- Post added 2012-03-10 at 09:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Get them the gift of outdoors and other real life activities. Young kids shouldn't sit on gaming consols and sure as hell shouldn't play anything on the internet. Get them a book or basketball.
    all in moderation, i've been playing games since i was like 5.. atari st.. mega drive.. ect. I agree you shouldn't allow younger children on the internet games because of the filth, or allow them to play for long periods at a time instead of making an effort to connect with outdoor activities. But an hour/ half an hour limit a day on a game where you can join them is all good and can be of benefit to the development of their brain

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I suggest the same but if you can't controll that, my little brother and sister (6 and 3) have been playing the lego games for a while.

I atleast played Resident Evil games on playstation 1 when I was 7y old and loved them. Had a few nightmares afterwards but who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Solidseal View Post
    Let a 7 year old play outside (supervised offcourse) play ball with him/her go to an amusement park or something. start with games later (much later) or his mind will be rotten soon.

give him games that will train his mind .. so no mindless mario games or something :P
    this guy speaks the truth.. get him a real Lego

10+ Year Old Account
    I know you said no to SSX but honestly I started playing SSX when I was like 7 and loved it, just got the recent one and now I'm 18 and loving that too.

Alternatively, a good game for a 7 year old is "It", "Hide and Seek" and Football.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Would highly suggest the Lego Video games.. They are SO MUCH FUN and will bring hours of joy. I'm turning 20 this year, and Lego video games are actually quit fun! :P

buy him the new Skylanders My cousin is loving it and he's 8.
    You won't regret it, even though its kinda expensive in the long run.
    People are calling it the "new pokémon", I'm calling it blasphemy. See for yourself.

Lego star wars is awesome, Id stay away from other lego games on consoles though

I have recently just completed sonic the hedgehog generation, now thats a awesome game, and quite ideal for a youngster
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Just buy WoW for him because once he is addicted to it you won't have a hard time finding other game for him to play. lol

Deleted
    Minecraft seems to keep my littlest brother mesmerised and he only turned 8 in December.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    You played Starcraft 2 when you were 7? So you are at most 9 year old now? :O
    That explains a lot....

I would go for ratchet and clank series and also check if playstation network has any crash bandicoots.

Ratchet and Clank and Littlebigplanet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Invest in a DS, and get mario and pokemon games.

Like others have said, Ratchet & Clank, the newest one is titled Ratchet & Clank:All for One, and my seven year old daughter loves it!

None. There are way better things that a 7 year old can learn to do than play video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    SSX, a lego game or Call of Duty
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I saw this post, I was ready to come in all guns blazing yelling POKÉMON!! But then I saw PS3, and I'm not really sure.