Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

First look at Infernal Dawn !!

As Clint Eastwood famously said in Heartbreak Ridge: "Drop your c**ks and grab your socks"

Get ready to be blown away as Adam Gershowitz gives us a tour of inside Infernal Dawn, newest 20-man Raid coming in Update 1.8

*Confirmed* it will have three wings...an Earth and Fire wing and the wing with the final bosses, Maelforge and Laethys

That ship fight sounds awesome....

Last edited by Slipmat; 2012-03-10 at 05:26 PM.

Deleted
    Time to stock up on Tissues....

Looks awesome, but fuck gamespot and their crappy video quality Can't even download the high res video without being a paid member.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    but fuck gamespot and their crappy video quality
    Yeah, looks a bit crappy at the shite quality they allow us freebies to see it, still scouring around for a higher quality one, we also have the new MMO-Report coming out later today (hear that Boubouille?)

Hopefully that will show us more of Infernal Dawn etc, can't help thinking Laethys will spawn a bit like the T-1000 in Terminator when it gets melted down and reforms

Deleted
    How happy i am to see this game is still doing well

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Yeah, looks a bit crappy at the shite quality they allow us freebies to see it, still scouring around for a higher quality one, we also have the new MMO-Report coming out later today (hear that Boubouille?)

Hopefully that will show us more of Infernal Dawn etc, can't help thinking Laethys will spawn a bit like the T-1000 in Terminator when it gets melted down and reforms
    I think that "Hear that boubouille" was about the Rift 1 year special video... He did post it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ues-MMO-Report

Quote Originally Posted by -Cynical- View Post
    I think that "Hear that boubouille" was about the Rift 1 year special video... He did post it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ues-MMO-Report
    There is a second part due out today, which we're expecting to see posted on Monday's MMO-C news post... you got that Boub?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Looks awesome, but fuck gamespot and their crappy video quality Can't even download the high res video without being a paid member.
    Are you sure membership is paid nowadays? I paid for membership ages ago (like literally 10 years), and now i'm a member for life I guess. I can dl the high rez vid.
    Anyway my thought was that its now free, but idk.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    Are you sure membership is paid nowadays? I paid for membership ages ago (like literally 10 years), and now i'm a member for life I guess. I can dl the high rez vid.
    Anyway my thought was that its now free, but idk.
    There are three qualities, high, medium, low, the high one shows as requiring a paid membership. Don't support you would want to DL the high res one if you can (it's over 1GB in size) and then upload it to YouTube or something?

Wow. Maelforge and Laethys in a single raid? And I like the fact that Laethys seems to be made of coins. I know I wouldn't be able to make my mage raid-ready for ID before it comes out (even if it is a month away). It just makes me sad that every single guild on Faeblight raids 6-9 server time (pacific time), which is 9-midnight my time... Makes me /sadface. Although my mage's guild does run some "eastern time raids", though it is every other week (they have a guardian and defiant version, and they switch it up each week, rotating between the factions). And those are doing just Greenscale, apparently.

Deleted
    Great video, loved it!

The raid looks insanely good.
    Leaderboards for PvP & PvE sounds amazing, will add some competition.
    Last edited by mmoc37d8d80d18; 2012-03-08 at 01:58 PM.

Pardon my French,

But I am FUCKING excited.
    Can't wait to wake up and see watch G4tv has to show me

Looks awesome, shame I don't have time to raid in this game so I probably won't get to see it :<

Oh well, plenty of other stuff to look forward to!

10+ Year Old Account
    Have this screengrab in decent quality of concept art for Laethys

Looks like my T-1000 analogy might be right, seems she's morphing out of the pile of gold coins

Deleted
    Not to sound like i'm flaming any games in particular but it's very nice to see dragons that dont all just look the same :P

From what I understood of the previous mmo-report (last week), I think the guy said that Laethys emerges from the pile of gold coins when you first start the fight. I am sure there will be a phase where she collapses into the coins again while something else happens. What I would really love to see happen (but not sure if it ever would), is when you hit her, coins go flying off, similar to blood.

But out of the 5 dragons I have seen (still haven't seen Crucia), I think Laethys looks the best. But Akylios's balloon looks too damn cute. I have the Laethys balloon on my warrior, and the Akylios on my mage.

15+ Year Old Account
    BTW, i new tradeskills, is probably fishing as you saw a glimpse on a white board on their year in review video and what they plan to do in the future.

oh and the new raid looks pretty bad ass.

I kinda always thought Laethys was somewhere under Shimmersand. In CCx Caelia gives that whole speech about being trapped in magma weak & helpless. Someone suggested it was Crucia Caelia was speaking about but I am not sure because Caelia's dialogue doesn't make much sense if it is Crucia. Crucia and Laethys are def. at odds philosophically- so it's the only thing that makes sense.

Wow.

Just looking at the earth wing, I think it's safe to say that all those months of no new 20 man content were worth it. ID looks like it's going to be incredible.

I'm going to have to start looking for a raid guild before long lol

I remember we had a speculation with Slip on guild chat about last bosses of Infernal Dawn. He was right it seems about both Maelforge and Laethys