Just an idea....

Okay so I was talking in guild chat about this 'great' idea I had for a world pvp zone and realised nobody was paying any attention to me any more so I decided to come and post it here!

What got me thinking along these lines was the idea of this big city zone they have said they are working on.

So my idea is you have this big city zone, broken up into lets say districts with different 'shops' and vendors in each distract, say you have a district for pvp bits and bobs, raiding bits and bobs, adventuring things, or just mix them all up. Anyway, these vendors sell some usual stuff and that you can get anywhere, some unique items and some unique equiq(x number) items so you can only carry a limited supply at a time. They will also have a chance to sell rare items, mounts, recipes, pets, gear, vanity stuff, just you know, things to make visiting them desirable.

The PVP bit comes in where lets say twice a week, Wednesday and Saturday lets say the zone becomes a world PVP zone with each district being fought over, for the PVE's there should also be a 3rd team in the battle, say in some districts there are large world bosses that need to be killed (while PVP is enabled). The best thing I can think of is having objectives in each district that needs to be completed to secure the zone. The battle will go on for lets say 30min-1hr and people can come and go with no limit to participation. Once the battle is over the districts that are controlled by the guardians will belong to them and those by the defiants to them and only said faction will have access to the vendors and items for sale there. Districts that had world bosses in that failed to be killed will become damage and appear to have repair work being done until the next battle, the vendors and items in this zone are not available to anybody.

The zone could be split up similar to how a noughts and crosses board is with 9 districts in rough squares and you can only access the districts where there are paths from one to another, this might not work just a wild idea. This would make each faction work together to secure a block of districts to get the items from and make factions work together to fairly secure different districts each reset. One faction can only control the same district for X amount of battles before something happens to get them out and give the other faction and chance at it if they want it.

Possibly make the PVE bosses/mobs planetouched mobs and allow each side to build defenses in their districts, perhaps like you do in EI or thrown using crafting materials and completing quests, this could become expensive though.

There would have to be some sort of bolstering on low levelled participants and to the faction with least players.

I know some of this is just wild ideas and very flawed, but I think this could create some fairly large world PVP battles whilst also giving the PVE players objectives to complete and with adding rare items to the vendors and items with a limited amount you can carry it should keep people interested and wanting to control the districts in the zone.

Guild Banks recieve income from constrolled districts??

Anyway, not posted this on the official forums or anything(yet) just wanted to hear some opinions and if you guys think it sounds fun I might post it there!

This is a long post.

If any mod can come up with a more attractive name for my thread feel free to rename it
    Last edited by Fluffygong; 2012-03-10 at 07:10 PM.

Deleted
    post it on the official forums, there are some pretty neat ideas in there. sadly making certain zones pvp on certain days will always cause QQ thou, but then, you give everyone free epics and someone will complain

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu82 View Post
    post it on the official forums, there are some pretty neat ideas in there. sadly making certain zones pvp on certain days will always cause QQ thou, but then, you give everyone free epics and someone will complain
    I agree with this, I did not even need to read half of it to be able to say - I want it.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Posted my support, just expect to get a lot of assholes being negative. It's the easiest thing in the world to tear something down, and so sad people will.*

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also posted my support.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Woop, cheers. I doubt it will get noticed tbh, looking at the amount of dev responses on that forum I don't think they monitor it too closely.