Rift pvp balance?

I started playing rift, when it first came out ( The early start actually). Played for 2 months i think, and i got a warrior up to level 35 or so. Rift was a great game. The thing that absolutely drove me away was the incredibly bad PvP balance. It wasn't even tolerable. How is the PvP balance now a days? Mainly i would like to know how warriors / fire mages or whatever they are called in rift are doing in PvP.

TL;DR How is pvp balance now? and how are fire mages/ warriors in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolvanish View Post
    I started playing rift, when it first came out ( The early start actually). Played for 2 months i think, and i got a warrior up to level 35 or so. Rift was a great game. The thing that absolutely drove me away was the incredibly bad PvP balance. It wasn't even tolerable. How is the PvP balance now a days? Mainly i would like to know how warriors / fire mages or whatever they are called in rift are doing in PvP.

TL;DR How is pvp balance now? and how are fire mages/ warriors in pvp?
    Yeah sorry to say and sound as a troll

"I leveled to 35" doesnt really give your opinion any weight at all, dust in the wind.

Pyro's were OP 11 months ago, Warriors were op 8 months ago, now everything is more balanced but the end result is the same, its a zerg, if people can play you win, if they cant play you lose

Play means, interrupting, CCing, focusing the healers down.

Its not WoW if you start now, dont expect to ding 50 and instantly be "PvP viable" you will go through a grind to become viable and not the Wotlk/Cata grind of "10 Battlegrounds wins per item", more like 20 Warfront wins per item on weekends when its dual bonus.

Pyro/Dom is a burst spec as it always was, it got famous the last 3 months and everyone uses it, along with Chloro/Dom.

There are a few Warrior specs, the famous one if i recall for PvP is RB/Champion/Paladin in full valor gear, if those get healed they dont die unless focused down by 3-4 people with a -50% healing debuff.

Warriors will tell you otherwise because they dont get healed, but in reality its the same as its in every game, IF YOU GET HEALED AND YOU CAN PLAY, you dominate as a Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Yeah sorry to say and sound as a troll

"I leveled to 35" doesnt really give your opinion any weight at all, dust in the wind.

Pyro's were OP 11 months ago, Warriors were op 8 months ago, now everything is more balanced but the end result is the same, its a zerg, if people can play you win, if they cant play you lose

Play means, interrupting, CCing, focusing the healers down.

Its not WoW if you start now, dont expect to ding 50 and instantly be "PvP viable" you will go through a grind to become viable and not the Wotlk/Cata grind of "10 Battlegrounds wins per item", more like 20 Warfront wins per item on weekends when its dual bonus.

Pyro/Dom is a burst spec as it always was, it got famous the last 3 months and everyone uses it, along with Chloro/Dom.

There are a few Warrior specs, the famous one if i recall for PvP is RB/Champion/Paladin in full valor gear, if those get healed they dont die unless focused down by 3-4 people with a -50% healing debuff.

Warriors will tell you otherwise because they dont get healed, but in reality its the same as its in every game, IF YOU GET HEALED AND YOU CAN PLAY, you dominate as a Warrior.
    Lol, other than your first uncalled for and slightly stupid statement. Thank you for the other information. I remember clerics and the hunter class with explosion just tearing everything to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolvanish View Post
    Lol, other than your first uncalled for and slightly stupid statement. Thank you for the other information. I remember clerics and the hunter class with explosion just tearing everything to pieces.
    Hunter with explosion is called a Saboteur and that got changed in March, pretty much like 330 days ago, its useful, but not a popular choice because there is another spec that gives the rogues the survivability they need, NB/RS.

Valor got an upgrade, if you are wearing full valor, aka around 1.4k, you have 55% reduction, without adding your talents there are enchants etc etc, lots of stuff..General number..With proper valor numbers you have 50%-55% reduction.

People that can play do -not- die easily, not a chance, any class or spec, simple as that.

Yes they die 5v1, but 1v1, good players will full PvP gear is pretty balanced.

Again not all specs are "PvP viable" of course there are stronger specs based around Survivability or Burst, Pyro/Dom is based around burst and kiting, Chloro/Dom is based around survivability and some passive healing.

Warriors as i said..like RB/Champ/Paladin is based around the heal of the paladin, the ranged attacks of the RB and the burst of the RB finishers along with the charge + fear of the champion.

Rogues are based around NB/RS, melee rogues -require- RS to survive in melee range, along with NB cooldowns.

Clerics do a lot of burst damage, but then its only dots for a bit, and full DPS clerics do not survive long, healing clerics if played correctly can be a beast to take down.

Again, Rift PvP is not so bad, but of course there are complains because in the endless zerg fest everyone just spams their buttons without trying to CC or actually play.
    Last edited by potis; 2012-03-10 at 10:03 PM.

Thinking of trying out the free week. Do i still need to do those stupid little quests to unlock the souls or do we unlock them automatically at some point now?

you start with all 8 souls but pvp is disaster !

10+ Year Old Account
    the pvp is still fun what ruins it is the amount of twink markmans facerolling through pvp delusionally thinking its skill drives me nuts

RIFTs PvP is a mix of good and bad.

The Bad:
    • Currently XP locking is leading to people creating twinks in the sub-50 brackets where a single twink is capable of changing the outcome of the game. Small groups of twinks in the same warfront pretty much guarantee a win, unless opposed by an equal number of twinks to balance things.
    • Once you initially hit 50 you're going to inevitably come up against some Rank 40 players, who will go through you like you're empty space. You'll be forced into builds that emphasise survivability and utility if you want to make a difference (healers, debuffers, CC builds etc).

The Good:
    • Even being facerolled in PvP, it's still a fast way to level and if you take care of your gear you won't find it so frustrating.
    • At 50 eventually you'll rank up and earn the R26 level gear, and then pretty much everyone is on an even footing. Specs may be limited, but everyone has a viable spec that makes them awesome in PvP.
    • There are seperate queues for the different ranks (ie 1-15, 16-25, 26-40), but if the queues are quiet they get merged. Play during peak hours to avoid players that have a significant rank/gear advantage.
    • World PvP!
    Last edited by Tarien; 2012-03-11 at 01:17 PM.

Ok, I have a question about pvp that I felt didn't really deserve it's own thread. At what rank do you get your first bit of pvp valor gear, since they changed them up? I just started to do a bit of 50 pvp on my mage yesterday (and getting shredded as fast as a low-level mage in wow in green questing gear against a hunter in full boas), and it is getting annoying being stomped.

Just as soon as you have enough Favor for it. There are three vendors selling gear, the first is the Lieutenants Quartermaster, then the Constable Quartermaster and then the Constable QM (may vary for Defiant scum - I mean players ).

Clothing and accessories require no rank so you can start buying immediately. Weapons and Synergy Crystals (grant set bonuses) require specific ranks.

I was earning around 3k Favor per match earlier with the weekend bonus + 100% vial (so 250% total), the first set of items cost around 18k Favor each, so every six matches you can buy an item. Less if you win lots, more if you lose or lack vials/weekend is over.
    Last edited by Tarien; 2012-03-11 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    The major problem with rift is actually the future of it.
    Sure, for now it's a grind to get to the top... not done with in closest months for most players. Eventually, though, most people will have the gear and then what? People have been complaining about this for long, and complaints keep pouring in. Pvp in Rift is fun, but fully geared at r40 I understand many people quit, and more will quit. Now Rift releases their biggest patch ever, and not a word about pvp... just one updated weekly warfront.
    More need to be done, and I really hope they do it. I will probably be r40 or have been for a bit when GW2 releases, and give it to then to deal with what they want with pvp in this game. I really like Trion and Rift and dont want to let go of this game. But unless they do something for pvp, Rift will most likely just be something I play during their free weeks (logon, kill stuff, done).

I like that they actually made twinks in this game alive. I dont have one myself and most likely wont get one. At 49 for example, it's understandable why some people twink. Since there's no rank requirement on gear, you can just farm most of your gear at lvl 49. Many people prefer playing it while being powerful than do the long grind for gear as weak on lvl 50.

But pvp is fun, and you can level in warfronts and have a fun run up to r40, which is a good amount of gametime. After that... well, noone knows yet, but hopefully we will find out.

Busiest (and worst for non-twinks) bracket is 39. You have your core 31pt ability from the top of the talent tree, around 21pts for a secondary tree, so you can get a fairly good build with a lot of power going. There is crafted gear that is very nice available that you can use epic augments in to boost even further.

The lower brackets have less twinks because either the number of abilities is less or certain builds don't work, and fewer people PvP to level at 49 as they can run the final few dungeons or do IA's, meaning less squishy victims to one shot.