[Ret] Opening (priority sequence) question

I have a question about ret pally rotation when we start a fight. On the first pull (for a raid boss, static fight), do you pop Zeal right away at the start with your 3 first holy power or do you use the first 3 holy power for INQ and then reach another 3HP to pop Zeal?

If you pop Zeal right away, do you use 3HP for INQ during the zeal phase ?

My trinkets are:
    -Eye of unmaking 416 heroic
    -Rotting skull
    -Apparatus of Kaz'Goroth 391 Heroic
    -Bone Link Fetish 384 LFR

My second question concerns my trinket. I'm currently using Apparatus + EoU but I'm not sure of the proper rotation with Apparatus because it takes a bit of time to reach 5 stacks at the start of a fight. Do you delay Zeal or what?? Proper rotation for Apparatus would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathan666 View Post
    I have a question about ret pally rotation when we start a fight. On the first pull (for a raid boss, static fight), do you pop Zeal right away at the start with your 3 first holy power or do you use the first 3 holy power for INQ and then reach another 3HP to pop Zeal?
    If you pre-pot/pre-GoAK then yes you use your first 3 HP for zeal and cast inquisition immediately. If you did not pre-pot/pre-GoAK then you can use your first 3 for Inq second 3 (or proc) for Zeal.

As far as trinkets, obviously EoU no matter what the others it depends on the fight BLF will be better for some AoK/RS for others. Of course keep in mind this is coming from a pally with 140 !@#$ing kills who has yet to even SEE a BLF drop.... Just out of curiosity you have heroic EoU but no Creche?

The valor trinket is terrible. Bone link and EoU in my opinion.

I always pre pot and hit Zeal/Inq on my first 3 holy power.

You have 416 EoU so I'm guessing you do everything on heroic.

Morchok - EoU + AoK (replace to Creche if possible)
    Warlord - EoU + AoK (Creche)
    Yor - Eou + BLF
    Hagara - EoU + RS
    Ultra - EoU + AoK (Creche)
    Warmaster - EoU + BLF (Creche)
    Spine - EoU + RS
    Madness (heroic?) - EoU + BLF (410 Creche)

Deleted
    As far as I know you should always get a 3hp inqui up and then get another 3hp to pop cooldowns.
    Unless you have a proc trinket or are prepotting, for example if you are using creche you want to pop cooldowns straight away to get as much out of your procs as possiple, also not popping it straight away will cause creche and cooldowns to go out of sync on later cooldown uses.

Basically always pop cds with your first 3hp:
    If you prepot.
    If you have a proc trinket. (Of course there are exception for this depending on the trinket, but for Creche this should always be the case).

Unless you got creche, us first 3 hp for inquisition and the next 3 for cd's and use AoK:H and EoU
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

I'd say always go Inquisition at first 3 HP then pop CD's at your 9th HP, which should be with around 20s left of your Inq, then AoK if you have 5 stacks already otherwise wait until it's 15s left of your CD's and Inq then use it. If you dont use t11 prot4p Guardian then just pop it with 30s left on Inq, simple.

AoK will always screw with your prepot so you can't time it with CD's but the gain from using AoK is much higher than having that potion during your CD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I'd say always go Inquisition at first 3 HP then pop CD's at your 9th HP, which should be with around 20s left of your Inq, then AoK if you have 5 stacks already otherwise wait until it's 15s left of your CD's and Inq then use it. If you dont use t11 prot4p Guardian then just pop it with 30s left on Inq, simple.

AoK will always screw with your prepot so you can't time it with CD's but the gain from using AoK is much higher than having that potion during your CD's.
    At the start you should just pop cooldowns regardless of how many stacks of AoK you have.
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."

Quote Originally Posted by Selgar View Post
    If you pre-pot/pre-GoAK then yes you use your first 3 HP for zeal and cast inquisition immediately. If you did not pre-pot/pre-GoAK then you can use your first 3 for Inq second 3 (or proc) for Zeal.

As far as trinkets, obviously EoU no matter what the others it depends on the fight BLF will be better for some AoK/RS for others. Of course keep in mind this is coming from a pally with 140 !@#$ing kills who has yet to even SEE a BLF drop.... Just out of curiosity you have heroic EoU but no Creche?
    Haven't seen creche drop once yet ehe...My ret pally is my alt though. My main is resto druid 405.
    I've been farming t11, just need head or shoulder to finish 4set to get my nice bonus. Having shit luck with Nef and Cho. Will have to do Heroic Al'akir probably for the essence.
    Last edited by Zathan666; 2012-03-11 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji View Post
    At the start you should just pop cooldowns regardless of how many stacks of AoK you have.
    No.
    10char etc

No.
    10char etc
    Well it isn't a real constructive post. If you know better, would you mind sharing please?

You need to pop your cooldowns 10s after GoAK in order to max the strengh buff

Quote Originally Posted by Zathan666 View Post
    Well it isn't a real constructive post. If you know better, would you mind sharing please?
    I already did?

No.
    10char etc
    Yes, you don't want to delay your cooldowns to like 20-30 sec in the fight, so you just pop them after you got inquisition up regardless of stacks.

Yes, you don't want to delay your cooldowns to like 20-30 sec in the fight, so you just pop them after you got inquisition up regardless of stacks.
    Why wouldn't I delay them?

---------- Post added 2012-03-11 at 04:21 AM ----------

Low stacks on EoU, Guardian and possibly none at all on your second trinket. Time to rock, baby.

Unless you got creche, us first 3 hp for inquisition and the next 3 for cd's and use AoK:H and EoU
    Pretty much this.

If Creche is procced, blow everything at first 3HP. If not, wait out one round.

You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Helsreach View Post
    Pretty much this.

If Creche is procced, blow everything at first 3HP. If not, wait out one round.
    Why are you bumping this if you are wrong? Stop spreading false info, please.

Why are you bumping this if you are wrong? Stop spreading false info, please.
    He is not entirely wrong. With creche you pop cds with your first 3 hp reguardless.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

I know but they keep saying you should pop CDs with no stacks on AoK it makes me mad sorry. =(