Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Naitroxxx View Post
    Well in WotLK enh shammies could actually tank even marrowgwar and lady deathwhisper (there are videos on youtube), so there is no reason why they should not get tanking role in other expansions, thing is shammies are too deep binded into casters,so it woudl require absollute revamp of scaling,stats,gear sharing..
    False.

Oh, they might have been able to do it eventually.. but not initially. They would have needed ICC gear to tank ICC bosses, and I suspect it didn't happen til after the buff started going out. And at that point, who cares? It's just as meaningful to say Shaman can tank because I soloed Gruul yesterday, and damn he was tough back in BC dungeon gear.

The English is bad but your thoughts are good, As an enhancement / resto shammy player myself I would welcome a a 4th spec and I think it would be a great thing for us shammy's considering how much stuff they have taken from us and given to other classes ( BL.buffs etc ) However like the other posters have mentioned they have had a hard enough time getting shammy's to the good place they are at now, and adding mail tank gear and all the other things is to much for them I'm sure... Maybe one day my shammy will be able to tank but I fear that day is a long ways off

Deleted
    Bring it back... Bring it back...

Quote Originally Posted by baturi View Post
    just acsept it ther are a lot of ppl out there shamans and non shamans that woold like to see it, we know its not going to be a smoothe ride and we know that bliz can do it if only thay listen to the thons of fans screeming fore it sinds vanila.
    No, you aren't "a lot", you are "just a few". You are massively outnumbered. You just found a megaphone and screaming into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Hey, no one was a bigger advocate of Shaman Tanking than me.
    Then let me hire you to fight fore shamant tanking^^

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 02:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Again, if you're looking for an agility tank in the next expansion that can use 2H or DW, go Monk.
    I wil roll monk but that won't stop me from wanting to tank with shamans

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 02:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    No, you aren't "a lot", you are "just a few". You are massively outnumbered. You just found a megaphone and screaming into it.
    Even the minority has its rights! Just like ther are more casual players than hard core and stil the hard core get wat thay want. Bliz dus not only do things that the majority wants.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 02:31 AM ----------

dreams are there to be dreamed and hope that they come out, but before they get out you have to fighting for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant really see it happening with the monk class on the way. But it is def a great idea. If they where to add 4 specs for all classes then a sham tank spec would fit perfectly. Would be though to come up with a new spec for the other classes tho.

My ideas on that tho:
    Rogues: 4th class could be daemon hunter (melee)???? Perfect way to sneak that back into mop.
    Hunters: could add a ranged version of daemon hunters for well hunters.
    Priests: idk but maybe another caster dps spec, probably a ranged caster based around holy dmg (would have to make it feel diff than shadow tho).
    Paladin: ranged caster dps spec def, SHOCKADIN dps!
    Warlock: maybe a healing spec? Sort of in the lines of draining hp from enemies and channel it into allys rather than yourself.
    Warrior: could make a separate spec for dw onehanded, just have to manage to get it feel sufficiently different from fury.
    Mage: No idea atall, maybe some utility spec i will just call it chromatic mage.
    Or battlemage; a spec with alot less kiting capability but also alot higher durability in close quarters.
    Death knights: A real caster/melee spec more in the lines of how dks was portrayed before wotlk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    I cant really see it happening with the monk class on the way. But it is def a great idea. If they where to add 4 specs for all classes then a sham tank spec would fit perfectly. Would be though to come up with a new spec for the other classes tho.

My ideas on that tho:
    Rogues: 4th class could be daemon hunter (melee)???? Perfect way to sneak that back into mop.
    Hunters: could add a ranged version of daemon hunters for well hunters.
    Priests: idk but maybe another caster dps spec, probably a ranged caster based around holy dmg (would have to make it feel diff than shadow tho).
    Paladin: ranged caster dps spec def, SHOCKADIN dps!
    Warlock: maybe a healing spec? Sort of in the lines of draining hp from enemies and channel it into allys rather than yourself.
    Warrior: could make a separate spec for dw onehanded, just have to manage to get it feel sufficiently different from fury.
    Mage: No idea atall, maybe some utility spec i will just call it chromatic mage.
    Or battlemage; a spec with alot less kiting capability but also alot higher durability in close quarters.
    Death knights: A real caster/melee spec more in the lines of how dks was portrayed before wotlk.
    I have thought about a similar idea, but basically adding a 4th spec for other classes......for pure classes they would get a healing or tank role, for hybrids prob another dps role (cept shaman who want to tank).

So like rogue would have an evasion tank.
    Mages and hunters could somehow heal.
    Locks could have a tank spec.
    Pallys a ranged holy dmg dps spec.
    Shaman an earth based tank.
    Priest have an extra dps spec, maybe smite priest.

Stuff like that. This way every class has atleast one support spec that can tank or heal in dungeons. And those that already tank/heal will have more dps options.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they do that it must fit into the lore. So a speck that already exists but is not yet in the game or playable.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baturi View Post

Even the minority has its rights! Just like ther are more casual players than hard core and stil the hard core get wat thay want. Bliz dus not only do things that the majority wants.:
    Youd think so, but the "minority" wanted harder dungeons and harder raids...and well.

...Dragon Soul happened.

Even the minority has its rights! Just like ther are more casual players than hard core and stil the hard core get wat thay want. Bliz dus not only do things that the majority wants.
    Hardcore minority is getting HC raids because it doesn't screw over the majority AND is giving the casual majority something to aspire to.
    Making enh into a tank spec DOES screw over the majority of Enh players.
    So no, you don't have any rights. You only have wants and ego to assume that you are entitled to everything. Drop that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Youd think so, but the "minority" wanted harder dungeons and harder raids...and well.

...Dragon Soul happened.
    Thay sed the senarios wil be hard

10+ Year Old Account

...Dragon Soul happened.
    The only way you could complain that content was "too easy" is if you had Heroic Madness down before the 5% nerf went into place.

A quick check of your Armory shows that you're currently 3/8 (H). Meaning you haven't been able to clear the content on the hardest difficulty setting, even with a 10% nerf this week.

So how was DS not hard enough for you?

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The only way you could complain that content was "too easy" is if you had Heroic Madness down before the 5% nerf went into place.

A quick check of your Armory shows that you're currently 3/8 (H). Meaning you haven't been able to clear the content on the hardest difficulty setting, even with a 10% nerf this week.

So how was DS not hard enough for you?
    Cleaned normal 2nd day without PTR time and have stopped raiding due to mass boredom from the guild. When you start falling asleep during Madness every week your urge to raid kinda drops.

I think the hardest thing about Dragon Soul has been trying to stay interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleaned normal 2nd day without PTR time and have stopped raiding due to mass boredom from the guild. When you start falling asleep during Madness every week your urge to raid kinda drops.

Normal isn't heroic....heroic is still difficult if you try and beat it before the first wave of nerfs. Your guild apparently still hasn't finished heroic and its been a few months since release.

Boredom is a different factor, many of us are jaded and have "seen it all", the game just isn't as interesting or exciting. Doesn't mean that there are no more difficult encounters to complete.

10+ Year Old Account

When you keep the difficulty set to "easy", you don't really have much of a complaint when you say you think it should have been more challenging.

Also, what Protoman said. A lot of what the community is expressing isn't really that content is somehow "worse", it's that they've been doing similar content for so long that it's stopped amazing them.

It's not that it's easier, it's that you know what to expect. Boss design in, for instance, The Burning Crusade was MUCH simpler. There were a few shining exceptions, but for the most part it was easier content than what we're doing today. I started my raiding back then, and even as a guy new to the system, our biggest challenge with Tier 5 wasn't the content, it was making the jump from a 10-man guild clearing Kara to a 25-man guild ready for Tier 5 raids. That jump involved getting not one, but two raid groups, with enough extras that you had sufficiently geared that you could fill out a full 25.

And once you did, many of the bosses were pretty damn easy, mechanically speaking. Easier than modern heroic difficulty, at least.

And that's what heroic modes are, and always have been. The 'real' raid. The normal modes are an easy-mode version. They aren't meant to be as difficult as the Tier 5 and 6 raids were, because those WERE endgame. If you were raiding those then, you wouldn't be satisfied with the difficulty in normals now, and you should be working on heroic modes, because that's where the challenge lies for you.

If you aren't, then you're just deliberately sticking to easy mode, and complaining that it's too easy for you, and that's nonsensical. Turn it to "heroic". The difficulty's there, you just need to stop deliberately avoiding it.