Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Field Marshal Exordin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    62
    Didn't read OP, didn't read thread, just read title.

    My answer? No. If you want to experience the content, experience capping exists. Otherwise the leveling process is too slow. I'm one of those players that pick up classes quickly, and I'd rather be doing end game faster. Such a struggle to get through Northrend and Outland now they've "normalized" quests. (Nerfed elite quest mobs and xp given), buffed non-elite quests) I used to just dive a zone, make a challege for myself by trying to solo the 5 man quests then dungeon/bg until the next zone. Now I have to nuke through Gundrak a thousand times. XP Buffs please, or more +xp gear, that's OPTIONAL.

  2. #102
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Exordin View Post
    Didn't read OP, didn't read thread, just read title.

    My answer? No. If you want to experience the content, experience capping exists. Otherwise the leveling process is too slow. I'm one of those players that pick up classes quickly, and I'd rather be doing end game faster. Such a struggle to get through Northrend and Outland now they've "normalized" quests. (Nerfed elite quest mobs and xp given), buffed non-elite quests) I used to just dive a zone, make a challege for myself by trying to solo the 5 man quests then dungeon/bg until the next zone. Now I have to nuke through Gundrak a thousand times. XP Buffs please, or more +xp gear, that's OPTIONAL.
    My answer to you? No. As you said, it's optional for the boosts. So why can't those of us who want to level alts SLOWER not have the same items (Anti-heirlooms maybe?)

    And no, turning off XP completely is not an satisfactory option.

  3. #103
    I hate pexing toons, i honestly think that it should be faster and i think that most of the players thinks like me.
    Last edited by Kuragalolz; 2013-02-19 at 08:06 PM.

  4. #104
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Algearond View Post
    My answer to you? No. As you said, it's optional for the boosts. So why can't those of us who want to level alts SLOWER not have the same items (Anti-heirlooms maybe?)

    And no, turning off XP completely is not an satisfactory option.
    So you necroed a year old thread just to say that?
    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore


  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    It should be slowed down so new players can actually learn how to play the game.
    That would not help a lot to teach a player their class. This game and most MMOs do not have the mechanics in place to learn a class in depth while leveling.

    Furthermore, if someone really wants to slow down and complete a zone, there are things they can do to accomplish that. Disabling xp and wearing no heirlooms are but two options.

    Instead of slowing the leveling process down for everybody, those that want to go slow and take their time and complete each zone should take matters into their own hands instead of asking for it to be slowed for everyone else.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Leveling doesn't need to be slowed down, it needs to be removed from the game entirely. It's an archaic mechanism that is included in the game for reasons of historical inertia.
    I personally think they want to add a value-added service for instant-85 or something, but haven't figured out a good way to avoid a backlash. In my defense, they have factually offered instant-80's before, so this isn't just private server talk anymore. It is exactly the kind of thing I would look to implement if my job was finding new and creative ways to separate subscribers from their money, incrementally in small quantities.

    THe one time they did offer this, they wisely tied it to resubb'ing old accounts. Maybe they can find a new way to make the instant-85 seem like an extra rather than the reason you pay for the deal - maybe buy a super-mega-premium mount, get a toon to drive it?
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2013-02-25 at 07:40 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, John Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Agatha Christie, Steven Erikson & Ian Esslemont, Stephen R Donaldon, and recently Jack L Chalker.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    I personally think[...]
    Hey, welcome back!

    I've figured they'd go for a VP for $$$ service, and that's in part why they've slowed down the VP rewards of various activities.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  8. #108
    Immortal Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    7,065
    My favorite thing in WoW is leveling your toons.
    And I hate leveling passionately.
    I like questing but I hate being forced to fill some stupid bar 90x to be able to do endgame content.
    Now what?

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Hey, welcome back!

    I've figured they'd go for a VP for $$$ service, and that's in part why they've slowed down the VP rewards of various activities.
    nice to see you too
    even better - then just let you buy extra levels for a toon on the same account with vp. kind of like that boe mount you could sell for gold and was pitched explicitly as a safe way to buy gold. keep it one step removed from overt selling levels, and done.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, John Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Agatha Christie, Steven Erikson & Ian Esslemont, Stephen R Donaldon, and recently Jack L Chalker.

  10. #110
    No it shouldn't and furthermore pandaria leveling should be increased. Its a pain and a fucking grind like everything else in this game.

  11. #111
    85-90 is flat out terrible, especially because you get so little XP from instances and basically must quest. That's okay the first time or two but it's horrible after that.

    It takes quite a while to level a fresh toon to 90. Anyone who thinks it is "too fast" is not taking advantage of various ways in which it can be slowed down, including the XP Eliminator.

  12. #112
    Your favorite thing in WoW isn't everybody's favorite thing in WoW.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 02:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    85-90 is flat out terrible, especially because you get so little XP from instances and basically must quest. That's okay the first time or two but it's horrible after that.

    It takes quite a while to level a fresh toon to 90. Anyone who thinks it is "too fast" is not taking advantage of various ways in which it can be slowed down, including the XP Eliminator.
    You're kind of over exaggerating things a bit. 85-90 takes 10 hoursish. And that's fine with all the content we got to see.

  13. #113
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,931
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Your favorite thing in WoW isn't everybody's favorite thing in WoW.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 02:30 PM ----------



    You're kind of over exaggerating things a bit. 85-90 takes 10 hoursish. And that's fine with all the content we got to see.
    I've found it's about 6 hours for me to level on Pandaria. I got 83-90 in a little over a week.
    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore


  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    You're kind of over exaggerating things a bit. 85-90 takes 10 hoursish. And that's fine with all the content we got to see.
    Ugh, there's only ONE WAY TO DO IT every time.

    You cannot spam instances for variety/change of pace.

    You must do the same damn quests over and over again and kill the same 400k hp mobs over and over again.

    I would be happy with the leveling situation if you got a reasonable amount of XP from instances. But basically instances are only for gear.

  15. #115
    My only bone to pick with the pace of leveling now is how painful it makes it for keeping professions leveled up along with your character. That said, though, most of the low level stuff professions produce is borderline vendor scrap, anyhow...

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    My only bone to pick with the pace of leveling now is how painful it makes it for keeping professions leveled up along with your character. That said, though, most of the low level stuff professions produce is borderline vendor scrap, anyhow...
    That's my only issue as well really. By the time my char is outleveling a zone my herbing/mining is about 20-30 levels below where it needs to be. I spend more time gathering on new alts than questing most of the time, especially with CRZ 'cause most of the time I find an ore vien and I'm halfway there or fighting an npc to clear it when a flying 90 swoops down and grabs it lol.

  17. #117
    High Overlord Simmeh-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    181
    People need to realise that, for new players, levelling can still take a while!

    It took me 7 days to get from 1-85. This was in cata, when the speed was nerfed!

    This being said, it didn't teach me much about playing the game.


    Warlock main. I'm really bad at this game.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    They could decrease leveling speed globally, but increase the power of heirlooms.
    Yeah because screwing over new players is exactly how you go about bringing in new customers.

  19. #119
    The Lightbringer Uennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ner'zhul
    Posts
    3,819
    Didn't realize this was a necro'd thread. Removed response.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2013-02-25 at 11:26 PM.

  20. #120
    This is WoW in 2013, nothing can be the least bit time consuming or inconvenient, everything has to be easy and fast and accessible right away.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •