MoP, 3 ele shaman nuke team

was just thinkin about it really.

thinking about their abilities, and how for a short period of time, ele shamans can put out massive amounts of damage while simultaneously healing.

if all 3 of the eles popped

transcendence
    elemental mastery
    ancestral guidance (10 seconds of or 40% output directed as healing to nearby injured ally)
    spirit walkers grace
    and our mysterious 6th tier talent

honestly it just seems like it would be 10 seconds of, sorry, something is going to die soon.

and with ancestral guidance + some defensive totems, they would also be protected somewhat from burst damage themselves.

obviously im skeptical but i cant think of many classes that wont be obliterated within a few seconds from 3 elemental shamans using so many cooldowns at once.

now MoP obviously isnt out, i just play a shaman so im thinkin about it all the time, and having so many cooldowns at our disposal makes us seem unstoppable in numbers for 10-15 seconds

Three pallies blowing all cds. Only thing with any hope of living. Or maybe DKs with Antimagic zone AND shell. Though it does sound brutal.

right well with a full melee team, you have to remember, 3 ele shamans, all of them with a knock back, and earthbind totems lol

although i think AMS negates thunderstorm so that would def be a problem lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters. Deterrence, Invis and trap. That should be enough to slow them down long enough to survive. Although it'd be tough without one heals of some kind keeping them up, probably a Priest, or maybe another Shaman.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

right, thing with 3 ele shamans is if the other team has a priest or shammy heals, the only thing they could do is instants because of all the wind shears lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but if you're popping off wind shears you're severly limiting the amount of time spent dpsing, thus lowering the actual nuking of the other team, plus hunters have more instants that can kill you than any other class, hell 90% of our shots are instants, yes i know you could starve focus but with the MoP talents specced right there are ways around that as well
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

Also figure, if you run 2 hunters and a priest or sham, (Expecially if one hunter is speced into Flash Freeze, and another into Transmorph trap, to prevent overlapping DR) you could probably easily shut down two of the shams, just out of a raw display of CC, toss on the hex or MC, I could see it easily handled then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Also figure, if you run 2 hunters and a priest or sham, (Expecially if one hunter is speced into Flash Freeze, and another into Transmorph trap, to prevent overlapping DR) you could probably easily shut down two of the shams, just out of a raw display of CC, toss on the hex or MC, I could see it easily handled then.
    You beat me to what I was fixing to post lol. I was looking up the exact specs to post on here. Honestly though it'd be tough for any other group that I can think of to really handle the 3 shaman setup like described. Not that it cant' be done, but yeah it'd be tough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior, Rogue, HPally.

Warrior has Avatar, Rogue has Cloak and Paladins have bubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

imo the issue isnt the dps dying. simple example: cloak => vanish. the issue would be the healer dying. bc theyd be fuckt. unless they were a nelf druid and managed to smeld => kitty stealth. and happened to have 2 other classes (like rogue/dk) that were able to mitigate and live.

interesting point, but thats why you see so many multiboxing ele shams and not other classes. str in #s.

LoS/CC them?

or even just 2 of them.

then when its over, kill them for easy win.

not a fan of "pop cds" = win myself :P
    This bro quit the game but still loves the game and will be back for MoP!