Thread: [Bio] Jinzumi

10+ Year Old Account

[Bio] Jinzumi

((Due to the woefully small amounts of canon lore available on the Loa I took a bit of liberty and referred to Bethekk, the Panther Loa, as the patron Loa of magic. If I have missed something in my research that invalidates this, please let me know so that I can correct it. Otherwise I would appreciate it if you would bear with me a teensy bit. ))

Name: Jinzumi
    Race: Jungle Troll (Darkspear)
    Class: Mage

Languages: Zandalari, Orcish

Personality: Although she can be both proud and rather vain, Jinzumi has never forgotten what it’s like to be unwanted and will not hesitate to stand up for an ‘underdog.’ She has a strong sense of fairness and becomes very vocal if she feels someone is receiving unequal treatment. Usually laid back and level-headed when dealing with others, uncalled for personal attacks or insults (directed toward her or others) is the one thing that will rile her quickly. She can be rather loud and boisterous and has a sarcastic sense of humor.

Likes: Playing with fire. Flirting with big, strong shadowhunters. Bethekk, the Panther Loa.
    Dislikes: Stuck up elven and Forsaken mages who think they are better than her because of their fancy books and academies and arcane magic. Anyone being condescending or ridiculing toward others.

Appearance: Jinzumi’s skin is a light shade of aquamarine and her eyes are a reddish orange color. She stands around 6’4” and is slender with very little muscle tone. She takes meticulous care of her looks, often going to elaborate measures to ‘enhance’ them. She keeps the upper part of her bright red hair stiffened and sculpted into a large, ostentatious crest that stands nearly a foot high and has three separate ridges; the lower part of it is woven into dozens of small, intricate braids and adorned with beads of bone, shell, and semi-precious stones. Her tusks are regularly polished and sharpened to fine points. It is not uncommon for her to paint her face in some combination of black, red, and white. Many ornaments carved of bone and shell dangle from her ears. Jinzumi does not bother much with heavy armor or weaponry; usually just wearing a light robe embellished with different tribal patterns. The colors and designs vary, but they always have long, loose-fitting sleeves. While she will occasionally carry some fetish or another, she always keeps the same dagger with her; a small, straight-edged knife. The blade is exceedingly sharp but thin and the point is very fine and it appears rather fragile; it is easy to see why she never wields it against an enemy.

Strengths: Jinzumi specializes in fire magic but is adequate with ice spells as well. She is rather resilient for a mage and her trollish regenerative abilities are especially effective.
    Weaknesses: She is disdainful of arcane and does not cast spells of that class if she can help it. Though more durable than many spellcasters and able to take a beating, she is hopelessly incompetent at actually fighting in melee.

History: Growing up, Jinzumi was never as fast or strong as the other children, and was often picked on because of it. She was shy and clumsy and showed no particular skill at hunting or any type of crafting. She often overheard over members of the village telling her parents that they should have left her in the jungle as an infant. Some of them were joking; some of them were not. Although bullied constantly, she never resigned herself to being a victim and would always attempt to fight back, even if it meant taking a worse beating.

Too unskilled to be a warrior or shadowhunter and lacking the spiritual connection necessary for a shaman or witchdoctor, Jinzumi turned to the only viable path she saw, that of magic. When she became old enough, she sought out a mage who could tutor her. She hoped that learning magic would finally set her on equal footing with others and finally give her a way to strike back against those who had bullied her all her life. Unfortunately, when her training began she seemed just about as inept at it as everything else she had tried her hand at.

Jinzumi struggled for years with her training, too proud and too stubborn to give up on what she saw as her last chance to make something of herself. She progressed at a painfully slow rate and her teacher, an ancient old troll named Darab who was toothless and nearly blind, humored her for the most part and let her toil away at her studies. He had to admit that she was by far the most hard-working student he had ever taught, but never really believed she would be able to overcome her obvious lack of talent. As the end of her apprenticeship drew closer and she had yet to master all but the most basic of spells, Jinzumi became more and more distressed and frustrated. In her desperation, she finally turned to the only source she could think of for aid- the patron Loa of magic, Bethekk.

In her prayers, Jinzumi pleaded with the panther goddess for her mercy and favor. Knowing that the Loa never gave something for nothing, the desperate young mage offered herself in live-long service to Bethekk if she would grant her proficiency in magic. Despite the prayers and even the blood sacrifices she offered up to the Loa, there was no noticeable change in her skill. At least at first. In the last few months of her education, Jinzumi seemed to thrive. Darab could hardly believe her suddenly burgeoning abilities and neither could she as she suddenly mastered spells that had eluded her for years. Although it could have been that her many years of hard work were finally paying off or even that she was simply a late-bloomer, there was not a doubt in Jinzumi's mind that Bethekk had personally bestowed her blessing upon her.

Following the completion of her education, Jinzumi returned home a full-fledged mage. Though she was not as respected as a shadowhunter or esteemed as a witchdoctor, she was no longer looked down on or treated as an outcast. Forever grateful, she remained true to her word and consecrated herself to the Loa, becoming a lesser priestess of Bethekk. Up until the liberation of the Echo Isles, Jinzumi spent her days in Orgrimmar, helping to tend the panther Loa’s shrines and carrying out her various rites. She aided her people in retaking the Echo Isles and remains there except when her duty to the Darkspear or the Loa calls her elsewhere.
    Last edited by Istella; 2012-06-17 at 08:46 PM.
    The Light does not abandon its champions...

~My RP Characters~

While nothing invalidates Bethekk as patron of Magic, i might have a better match for you: http://www.wowpedia.org/Pogeyan He/she is listed as firespirit, even if totemic; so if you go with fire magic, I would refer to this Loa. And yes, we do need more troll lore.