Slicing in patch 1.2

If we can craft augments then what will slicing be for? Will it become the main way people find recipes? Credits only go so far so... I don't really get why slicing will still be in the game. Anyone have any idea what it'll be used for?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Figure this is just a troll post, but before anyone else gets carried away with the sky falling theory, they've said that slicing will be the source for the mats needed to make the augments with armor/arms profs.

Pretty much what KG422 said. Slicing will be used to get the mats, so it will be a necessary part of the augments still.

I wish they would allow cybertechs to craft the augments, none of our other mods are very useful end game

Quote Originally Posted by Starry101 View Post
    I wish they would allow cybertechs to craft the augments, none of our other mods are very useful end game
    Supposedly, all of the crafting skills are getting better end-game enhancements to what they can make. I would assume that this will include Cybertech (or at least it better...)

As it is though, Cybertechs make armoring and modification mods. Artifice makes hilts and enhancements. Armstech only makes barrels. I would assume that they will be adding these to the Armstech prof to give it more viability as well.

I always thought it would be neat if someone could craft an augment slot, kinda like the belt buckle in WoW. There is so much orange gear I love, but without augment slots, kinda limits it and they aren't crafted, so they'll never come with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Starry101 View Post
    I always thought it would be neat if someone could craft an augment slot, kinda like the belt buckle in WoW. There is so much orange gear I love, but without augment slots, kinda limits it and they aren't crafted, so they'll never come with one.
    They've said that you can reverse engineer all orange stuff in game to learn the looks. Then you can craft it with augment slot.

Nice,didnt know that. Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Deefame View Post
    They've said that you can reverse engineer all orange stuff in game to learn the looks. Then you can craft it with augment slot.
    Hmm - is that function already in-game?
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.