10+ Year Old Account

Borderlands 2 - Action/Rpg FPS MMO

Anyone else hyped for this game? Its basically like a FPS mixed with WoW and Diablo.....here's a little description of the gameplay and characters:

"Borderlands 2 builds upon the gameplay elements introduced in its predecessor. It is a first-person shooter that includes character-building elements found in role-playing games, leading Gearbox to call the game a "role-playing shooter". At the start of the game, players select one of four new characters, each with a unique special skill and with proficiencies with certain weapons. From then on, players take on quests assigned through non-player characters or from bounty boards, each typically rewarding the player with experience points, money, and sometimes a reward item. Players earn experience by killing foes and completing in-game challenges (such as getting a certain number of kills using a specific type of weapon). As they gain levels from experience growth, players can then allocate skill points into a skill tree that features three distinct specializations of the base character.

Returning gameplay features from the first game will include the unique, cartoon-esque cel-shading graphic style, 3-branch skill trees, class-mods, and four-player online cooperative modes. New features include a more expansive and customizable weapons system, reworked four-seat drift-able vehicles and vehicle physics elements, and dynamic quest systems. "

Characters

There are 4 "classes", each one has a special power that you can use and can tweak thru talents....the 4 special abilities are basically DW+gun customization, a stasis lock that lets you freeze enemies, a turret you can place anywhere that assists you and can distract enemies, and a stealth/clone feature plus sniping/execute abilities.

"Like the first game, there are four playable characters in the game, though the characters are all new. The first new character is Salvador, nicknamed "Gunzerker" who resembles Brick from the first game in abilities, but also can dual-wield any combination of guns. The second character is a siren named Maya, similar to Lilith from the first game, but has a different ability to Lilith called Phaselock. The other two characters are a soldier-like character called Axton, who relies on turrets (like Roland from the first game) and an assassin-like character called Zero, whose ability creates a duplicate of himself and becomes invisible for a short time, where he can unleash a critical hit on an enemy with his sword."

Here's the trailer that got released few weeks ago, doesn't show much actual gameplay, more of a hype trailer, but if you are familiar with the first game you know what to expect:

I liked the first a lot... one of those games you get a ton of fun playtime out of.

so yeah im gonna play this one also ...

tho calling it a MMO on the edge of truth .. 4 player co-op is max still i belive.

Definitely getting this one, I loved the first one.

Certainly not an mmo though, unless you consider games like Diablo an mmo.

Deleted
    Game will be awesome, I just wish they would have came with a more original trailer. This trailer is pretty much a copy/paste version of the Borderlands 1 trailer with some bonus dubstep tweaks..

Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    I liked the first a lot... one of those games you get a ton of fun playtime out of.

so yeah im gonna play this one also ...

tho calling it a MMO on the edge of truth .. 4 player co-op is max still i belive.
    The term MMO does seem to be used very loosely now than ever before but It can pretty much by its base definition describe any online game nowadays

the definition is pretty much any game that can handle thousands of people playing it at once online, does not mean they have to be all playing together though.

Deleted
    Pretty excited for this, borderlands was a blast

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really really excited for it, I am hoping there is going to be a collectors edition. I am replaying through the original at the moment as Mordecai. I did two play through's as Brick but lost my save in a rebuild of my computer. Apparently you can import your characters and use them in co-op mode in the next game, here's hoping it's as great as it's predecessor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not an MMO, its a singleplayer game with 4 player co-op. I don't care if the stuck to Borderlands and added new missions, the game is going to fun. It takes your top-down RPG rules and puts them into a FPS

I absolutely loved Borderlands and all of the DLC. Tank ftw. I'll definitely be playing this.

Not an MMO though.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

The thing I loved most about Borderlands were the guns... so many..! Always looking for that gun that was just a bit better! Looking forward to it.

But not a MMO by any stretch of the imagination.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~