New computers performance

I bought a new computer a couple weeks ago, but unfortunately haven't really been able to test its gaming capacity until just a couple days ago. What i found is that my off the shelves, 4 year old acer was able to handle TF2 far better than this new one. I'm not very good with computers, so I'm linking the specs of the two here in hopes that someone will be able to give me an idea as to why this new computer is not operating as well as it should be.

Brand New:
    -AMD Bulldozer FX 4100 3.6GHZ Quad Core 12MB Total Cache
    -GIGABYTE AM3+
    -High Performance 4GB DDR3 Memory
    -Hitachi 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
    -ATI Radeon HD3000 Graphics up to 512MB Dedicated Memory HDCP VGA and DVI ports
    -Sony 24x Multi-format DVD Burner Drive
    -Ethernet Lan 10/100/1000
    -OS windows 7 ultimate 64bit
    these specs were copied straight from his site

older acer:
    CPU- 2.1GHz AMD Phenom X3 8450
    Memory- 4GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    Graphics- 256MB (shared) Nvidia GeForce 8200 integrated graphics chip
    Hard drives- 320GB 7,200 rpm
    Optical drive- dual-layer DVD burner
    Networking- Gigabit Ethernet
    Video outputs- VGA, HDMI
    Operating system- Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 (64-bit)

Your new computer has got a sub par Processor and NO graphics card.

It will be "OKish" if you buy a graphics card for it.
    If you are on a budget id suggest the HD 6850 For about 140€/$.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterec View Post
    Your new computer has got a sub par Processor and NO graphics card.

It will be "OKish" if you buy a graphics card for it.
    If you are on a budget id suggest the HD 6850 For about 140€/$.
    Agreed, 6850 Would be a good card to get, And I would also throw another 4GB of DDR3 in the computer too.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

I'd definitely suggest the 6850 too as I recently did an upgrade and purchased one.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is holding you back on your new computer is definitly your graphics card. Given that it is a 3000 card, it is 4 generations old and likely a low end dedicated card at that. I would also recommend that the 6850 is a great card for the price, and will give you plenty of performance. The processor is not the greatest, but it can handle any modern game fine. You could use some more RAM, but 4 GB won't hurt you're performance too much unless you are a major multi-tasker.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekk View Post
    What is holding you back on your new computer is definitly your graphics card. Given that it is a 3000 card, it is 4 generations old and likely a low end dedicated card at that. I would also recommend that the 6850 is a great card for the price, and will give you plenty of performance. The processor is not the greatest, but it can handle any modern game fine. You could use some more RAM, but 4 GB won't hurt you're performance too much unless you are a major multi-tasker.
    lol... mmh... lol

Get a 6850, don't get more RAM. You'll be more than fine for what you're looking for most likely.