Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Those who blame you for doing something you are sure of it, are not worth to be spoken to. Even if it is your family.

if she wants to get rid of her cat, and you want it treated instead of killed, can't you just have her give you the cat? Then you can decide what to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

If you can take care of the cat, then go in there and take it. If you don't want to do that than I would say report her for neglect/abuse to the proper offices.

You need to intervene. If there is even a remote chance for that cat's life to be saved, you need to try. I'm not going to start bashing your sister, I'll just simply state that I strongly disagree with what she's doing and that the cat deserves better. It deserves a CHANCE, at the very least.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wilbbailey View Post
    Do you people really think the ASPCA or Animal control would get involved because someone is over feeding an animal? Honestly these organizations are over burdened as itis without handling the "get em they take too much care of a fat cat" type of frivolous suits.
    It's not about the feeding now, it's past that point. If the cat is having labored breathing, it's suffering, and someone needs to step in and try and help.

Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    You're a man, stop acting like a girl.

First this is ABSOLUTELY none of your business how your sister deal with her cats...You said, what you had to say...YOU DID everything you could.

There's nothing to do about it, move on...

YES this is cruel...I agree, and yes this is stupid...

BUT YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT...Get that into your head...

If you cry for an obese cat...Man, what will you do when you face a REAL problem ?
    He said he tried different foods. When a cat obviously needs worming and a vet visit, all he did was different foods. Worked as a vet tech? he's a liar. This whole thread is full of people who don't understand that this person isn't fit to own a cat either if he can't even see what needs to be done when a cat stops eating. The internet is full of pretenders and liars.

There is nothing wrong with overeating in a cat. They're animals, they get fat, just like humans are animals, they get fat. Dogs get fat. Cats get fat. Get over it. SPCA won't do a damn thing, they'll tell you that you're an idiot. More likely, there is an underlying problem and not just weight, because I know of a cat that is HUGE and doesn't have labored breathing. Biggest cat I've ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Post pics, fat cats are hilarious!

OT: Yeah its pretty slack to feed your cats crappy food, maybe say "your cats a fat mother fucker" and she might change her ways?

Call ALF, he'll know what to do.

Last edited by Buttfear; 2012-03-13 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Aww a poofball hogie!

So much hatred in this thread. All I have to say is you have must have a real good life to care so much about pets...

Quote Originally Posted by Mowgles View Post

Worth mentioning that she just had a baby last November, and this is seeming like the typical situation where a couple has a baby and neglects to care for the "babies" that were living there first.
    Just stop. Cats aren't humans, don't treat them as such. Altough I don't understand why your sister gets a pet if she doesn't take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteeq View Post
    its "just an animal", but if you can do that to an animal, how much worse can you do to a child.
    This is probably the silliest thing I've read in a long time. I've even seen people who care more for their pets than their own children, it's sick.

Anyway, it's interesting people don't see castration as animal cruelty.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2012-03-13 at 02:18 AM.

I'm glad such an observant and compassionate person is now taking care of an actual person.

Tell her if she gets another animal you will call the SPCA on her. Also, keep an eye on the kid.