Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I was just as surprised as everyone else! I had no idea we're going to start featuring SWTOR news on the front page, but it kind of makes sense. It's, personally, one of the best recent MMO's to come out, and I doubt it is going anywhere bad anytime soon.

But, as Boubouille has said in the past, we're not 100% focused on World of Warcraft, so perhaps I shouldn't be too surprised.
    Arlee, along with the site devs, worked together some things so that we can have proper tags for the TOR patch notes on this forum. *Whether or not that leads to more front page posts, remains to be seen. *I don't think it will though. *I think that the large nature of the 1.2 update warranted the front page post, but I don't think it will become the norm on MMOC. *That is just my opinion though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xeonix View Post
    Perhaps people started noticing it has almost double 'interest' than "mists of pandaria" section on the forums and like x10 the posts diablo 3 has and they realized people are interested in swtor alot, so i guess they gave us a front page finally.*

Would love to see the trend going on , keep it up mmo champ! I am forced to visit other sites with the state of swtor attention atm and i hate that. Mmo champ is and remains my favorite forum destination!
    GJ!
    Personally I don't like it. Mmo champ is a wow fun site and I don't care to see SWTOR news in the front page. I mean SWTOR players have their fan sites (like Darthhater)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spyros2283 View Post
    Personally I don't like it. Mmo champ is a wow fun site and I don't care to see SWTOR news in the front page. I mean SWTOR players have their fan sites (like Darthhater)
    I think it's a good thing actually, we're all MMO players here. I think a little bit of additional information on other MMOs once in a while is a good thing. It's not like we don't already put up the weekly MMO Report. I would agree that I don't want to see every little thing about SW:TOR on the main page, but with something as substantial as 1.2 I think it's a good idea.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    The ratio of viewers of the SWTOR forum compared to viewers of the WoW General forum has been dropping steadily.
    It peaked at almost equal during SWTOR launch, and now it hovers around a quarter or a fifth.

Yeah, slow news day.
    Not for nothing, but it seems kind of like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Maybe if they put it on the front page more, traffic would go up more.

I'd like to see what the numbers are for these few days to see if being on the front page helped increase traffic here.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 11:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spyros2283 View Post
    Darthhater contains about as much useful information on SWTOR as CNN.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Not for nothing, but it seems kind of like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Maybe if they put it on the front page more, traffic would go up more.

I'd like to see what the numbers are for these few days to see if being on the front page helped increase traffic here.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 11:05 AM ----------

Darthhater contains about as much useful information on SWTOR as CNN.com.
    Sadly forcetremor.com and oldrepublic.net are vastly superior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Arlee, along with the site devs, worked together some things so that we can have proper tags for the TOR patch notes on this forum. *Whether or not that leads to more front page posts, remains to be seen. *I don't think it will though. *I think that the large nature of the 1.2 update warranted the front page post, but I don't think it will become the norm on MMOC. *That is just my opinion though.
    These were pretty much the same thoughts I had when I saw it today.

Personally I think its kool!

Why?

Because I love SWTOR? No.

Its because even though I dont play WoW anymore and will probably never play again, I dont feel completely alienated at a site Ive been coming to for years. I dont expect to see regular postings on the main page, but its obvious MMO-C isnt going to turn a blind eye to exciting events in other successful games. I go to torhead, darthhater, and forcetremor for game info. I come to MMO-C to interact with gamers of all platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Sadly forcetremor.com and oldrepublic.net are vastly superior
    I don't think it is that sad that those sites you listed are vastly superior. There are several great sites out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnoto View Post
    I don't think it is that sad that those sites you listed are vastly superior. There are several great sites out there.
    Well it's sad in the sense that Curse gaming bought out DH and it was supposed to be huge. It panned out. Forcetremor is vastly better imho Good work on it

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Well it's sad in the sense that Curse gaming bought out DH and it was supposed to be huge. It panned out. Forcetremor is vastly better imho Good work on it
    Thank you. Just trying to do my best to contribute back to the ToR community.