Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Haha i love trucks like that! It's a total blast riding really high off the ground in a big truck.
    It's so annoying trying to park big trucks because they can't make sharp turns and parking lots are always so narrow.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    It's so annoying trying to park big trucks because they can't make sharp turns and parking lots are always so narrow.
    Thats what makes them fun to drive, its a challenge! Also its much easier to park in the back of a parking lot and just back the ass end into a parking spot, then when you leave just pull right out!
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Ya that's a real pain in the ass. Where i live parking lots are not truck friendly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    Thats what makes them fun to drive, its a challenge! Also its much easier to park in the back of a parking lot and just back the ass end into a parking spot, then when you leave just pull right out!
    I always park in the back of the parking lot with the other trucks.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't want a challenge! I just want to get to my destination and then go home. Yea, I try not to park next to other vehicles, it makes it much easier on the turn. I'm not the kind of person that drives up and down every aisle for a close spot. I just park wherever is most convenient to get in and out of.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Deleted
    For a short while I owned a 2002 F150 Lightning (stock 5,4L V8, 375hp or so)- it was a beast.*

The insurance,*mileage*and maintenance was through the roof, so I sold it after about a year - I miss it.*

10+ Year Old Account
    Toyota Land Cruisers > Hilux > American Trucks.

Aussie / Jap trucks ftw!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really a truck kind of person - I'm more a small compact kind of guy - but if I had to buy one, it wouldn't be any of those brands.

I'd never buy a vehicle from any of the American automobile companies. They don't put the same care and craftsmanship into their vehicles as other companies do. They design them to fail after the warranty expires. They don't prioritize the things that matter to me, like environmental impact and new energy technology. (It took them years to make a hybrid, with much resistance!)

The only way I can speak out against such companies, and such design philosophies - to show that I do not approve, and do not support them - is by not giving them one dollar of my money.

I saw someone mention the Toyota Tacoma in this thread, and that would be my choice too - again, if I had to buy a truck of some sort.
    Last edited by Atrea; 2012-03-12 at 08:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I'm not really a truck kind of person - I'm more a small compact kind of guy - but if I had to buy one, it wouldn't be any of those brands.

I'd never buy a vehicle from any of the American automobile companies. They don't put the same care and craftsmanship into their vehicles as other companies do. They design them to fail after the warranty expires. They don't prioritize the things that matter to me, like environmental impact and new energy technology. (It took them years to make a hybrid, with much resistance!)

The only way I can speak out against such companies, and such design philosophies - to show that I do not approve, and do not support them - is by not giving them one dollar of my money.

I saw someone mention the Toyota Tacoma in this thread, and that would be my choice too - again, if I had to buy a truck of some sort.
    Newer tech is why those vehicles fail after warranty imho. Like I said before if you can't fix it with a basic set of ratchets then I wouldn't buy it. To much tech in these newer vehciles, they also cost an arm and a leg to fix. Compared to something slightly older.
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

All I want to know is...Why are there no pictures in this thread?! You cannot have a sexy truck thread without sexy truck pics!

But to contribute, I dont really have a truck anymore...I have a 2009 GMC Yukon XL. But my baby was a 1997 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 (/cry, still miss that truck).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post

Wow only 2 pages in and the bashing of American vehicles has already started.

I am in agreement with Holyforce. The more features and fancy crap you add to vehicles the greater the chances are that something is going to fail and the harder it is going to be to fix it. There are people with their diesel trucks that have put up to 1 million miles on them with just the basic maintenance, if that isn't a well built vehicle i don't know what the fuck is.

Everyone has their own opinion so don't be a douche dude. I prefer Dodges over Toyota but you don't see me talking crap. If you don't like the fact that someone might have a different opinion and you can't post in here without being a dick then just don't post. This is a thread to talk about your truck not to bash companies, people, or their opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    95 Chevy S10 with CNG and Gasoline engine 4WD. Make it about 140-150 miles on a full tank of CNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow only 2 pages in and the bashing of American vehicles has already started.

I am in agreement with Holyforce. The more features and fancy crap you add to vehicles the greater the chances are that something is going to fail and the harder it is going to be to fix it. There are people with their diesel trucks that have put up to 1 million miles on them with just the basic maintenance, if that isn't a well built vehicle i don't know what the fuck is.

Everyone has their own opinion so don't be a douche dude. I prefer Dodges over Toyota but you don't see me talking crap. If you don't like the fact that someone might have a different opinion and you can't post in here without being a dick then just don't post. This is a thread to talk about your truck not to bash companies, people, or their opinions.
    I know of people that have the 6.9l diesel and the 5.9l 12v cummins with over 1.3 million miles on the original engine, and have only gone through 1 transmission, its crazy.
    doh my god....

10+ Year Old Account
    I know of people that have the 6.9l diesel and the 5.9l 12v cummins with over 1.3 million miles on the original engine, and have only gone through 1 transmission, its crazy.
    I know that there are some people who have hit the 1 mil mark but over 1.3? That's nuts.

I dont own one but I grew up driving them. My dad has owned Chevy Silverado EXT Cab trucks ever since I learned to drive. I kinda went the other way on my first purchase (Chevy Cruze...its a bit smaller than the truck I learned to drive as a teen :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that there are some people who have hit the 1 mil mark but over 1.3? That's nuts.
    There is a international 7.3 IDI motor at a local college that has over 2 million miles on it, its for diesel mechanic training.
    doh my god....

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a international 7.3 IDI motor at a local college that has over 2 million miles on it, its for diesel mechanic training.
    .... Wow

I drive a '76 Ford F-150 Ranger that my father handed down to me when I turned 18 and graduated high school (I had been driving it since I was 16 anyway).

Still drives like a charm but I did have the engine and transmission replaced in 09.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    I drive a '76 Ford F-150 Ranger that my father handed down to me when I turned 18 and graduated high school (I had been driving it since I was 16 anyway).

Still drives like a charm but I did have the engine and transmission replaced in 09.
    I like those old rangers, awesome trucks.