sub 25% shadow word death> mindspike/blast?

say i use shadowfiend/archangel sub 25 should i shadowword death b4 i mindspike/blast which is higher priority

From their DPET values, it looks like MB>SW: D>MS.

If you can manage to use sw: d on CD and not mess up your MS/MB rotation then yes you should use it. If after practicing it you can't, with the mechanics of the fight getting a solid MS/MB rotation with sw: d isn't working out for you, no you shouldn't use it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using SW to space out mind spikes with the mind blast, to allow the mind blast to get all three orbs. Seems to work out nicely

This instead of mind flaying for two ticks.
    Last edited by lwalker8; 2012-03-13 at 12:20 AM.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    I've been using SW to space out mind spikes with the mind blast, to allow the mind blast to get all three orbs. Seems to work out nicely

I think you should be using a '/cancelaura Mind Melt' macro before you Mind Blast instead, although I haven't really played much with the SF/MS rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    I think you should be using a '/cancelaura Mind Melt' macro before you Mind Blast instead, although I haven't really played much with the SF/MS rotation.
    That is one way to do it... but under 25% on a boss you can deffinitly fill the time you wait for orbs to spawn after MS with 2 sw: d instead of doin gthe cancelaura or mf.

why not do both......swd has a long ass cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimzor View Post
    why not do both......swd has a long ass cd.
    You wouldn't want to hit both the cancel aura macro and double tap sw: d because the entire point of the canculaura macro is to make MB not instant and give the fiend a chance to attack again after your last MS. Hitting sw: dx2 fills that role and hitting the cancelaura after that would more than likely just waste a set of orbs. Obviously if after you MSx3 (4) and your sw: d is still on CD you would do like normal and either MF or use the macro.

Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    I've been using SWD to space out mind spikes with the mind blast, to allow the mind blast to get all three orbs. Seems to work out nicely

This is exactly what I'm doing. Right after I double tap, I start my MS/MB rotation, SWD is off CD when i would normally use MF2, so I just double tap SWD in there. It seems to work out great.