Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The only thing that's making PVP really not enjoyable for me is warping. Other than that I really like it.
    For some strange reason it seems to favor people with crap latency (I got steady 60-80ms) - you see one person to get stuck for few seconds, and suddenly plop, he teleports 30 meters away. Same when you see someone drop from a cliff, you follow him and he suddenly reappears on top of the cliff. The readjusting position after a stun is just icing on the cake that makes classes with positional requirements really fun to play.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    The only thing that's making PVP really not enjoyable for me is warping. Other than that I really like it.
    For some strange reason it seems to favor people with crap latency (I got steady 60-80ms) - you see one person to get stuck for few seconds, and suddenly plop, he teleports 30 meters away. Same when you see someone drop from a cliff, you follow him and he suddenly reappears on top of the cliff. The readjusting position after a stun is just icing on the cake that makes classes with positional requirements really fun to play.
    YES! That's number 5 on my list. Glad to see someone else has had the same issue.
    Reddfoxx the Warrior | @ReddfoxxMX | SWTOR Sentinel Reddfoxx, Marauder Reddfox @ The Harbinger Server

Quote Originally Posted by Tronada View Post
    YES! That's number 5 on my list. Glad to see someone else has had the same issue.
    No you arent the only one.

Nothing pisses me off more on my assassin than lining up the perfect knock off in huttball, time it perfectly, but it somehow misses and they are behind me instead. So instead of knocking off the ball carrrier onto the lower pit, it shoots them past the fire and they score.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

OR

Running with a clean get away in huttball with nobody around, then suddenly being harpooned back to the acid pit.

Seriously? Im like 3 miles from the fucking acid pit, yet somehow I get hooked back into it. WTF

Deleted
    Nice reading from ppl of Scepter of ragnos ^^ Lately i've seen an improvement in wz empire side we have more balanced games against reps which are the ones I enjoyed the most, more than the fast 6-0 or fast voidstar/civil .

Deleted
    quick question from a former swtor player to the vanguards in here , did they fix the vanguard tank pvp set ? i really want to know .

Quote Originally Posted by Pykno View Post
    quick question from a former swtor player to the vanguards in here , did they fix the vanguard tank pvp set ? i really want to know .
    How uh, how was it broken?

Deleted
    The PvP has gotten alot more fun lately to me aswell. Mainly because I play on a low pop server and specially low pop on the republic side at launch. I leveld my sentinel first but decided to switch to a Smuggler Scoundrel after hitting 50 on my Sentinel. I wanted to go healing but realized I was more in for the Scrapper part. At first it was horrible on the republic side as there was 1 guild dominating the majority of the PvP on the server from the imperial side. So whenever you saw this guild join the WZ with their premade you knew you'd lose. Same was for the imperials playing huttbal, they just had the quickest 50's and the gear advantage most didn't have.

After 3 months the tides have turned and the Republic seem to have the better players when it comes to PuGs, while the empire still wins mostly if both sides organize themselves properly with good teams. I rolled empire for the PvE but stayed on my Scoundrel for PvP and still am frequently joining warzones as that's my favorite aspect of the game. I wholeheartedly agree on the fact that the game's PvP has gotten better with time. There's nothing cooler than knowing that people on the other team respect you as a player and call you a good player, or the fact that you can actually have archenemesis on the server competing against you in skill and you and that person clash in WZ's as a duel. I've had many so called archenemesis on the server due the low pop and it's completly awesome to gain this respect from people. I hope I'm not the only one who has experienced this

I find the pvp to be much more fun than the pvp in WoW. Aside from launch there are really no "flavor of the month" OP classes (Scoundrels/ Operatives before they were nerfed) .

I have always played on Republic and while we were getting beaten it was mostly due to the gear difference (thanks ilum :\) but now that gear has evened out, it is more of an even playing field. I would say that I win more than I lose actually.

As for the current valor changes, I love them. Any valor ranks are just for prestige anyways (aside from needing BM to get BM gear) and it has no bearing on showing "skill" by any means.*

I love that I can get ~3k valor per match now, getting 1.2-1.5k was just a grind and I was finally able to get BM on my trooper on the weekend and it will be easier on any alts I level.

As long as it's not like old school Alterac Valley where you'd be stuck in the same spot for 4 hours with the match almost never ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stavius View Post
    As long as it's not like old school Alterac Valley where you'd be stuck in the same spot for 4 hours with the match almost never ending.
    That would be a difference in taste then because I liked early Alterac Valley. The Instanced-PvP in TOR seems so tiny in comparison with just 8v8.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    How uh, how was it broken?
    when i played ( first 7 or so week ) , the vanguard tank pvp set had mainly def/shield/absorb . the problem was that those stats only worked on autohits and some ( lets say 20% ) of the skills.

dont get me wrong i was feeling tanky enough , but reallizing that nearly all the stats on my gear exept stamnina and expertise didnt work made me mad .

To ppl who think valor buff was "too much": it wasn't. It's great to help new players and rerollers/alts to get to BM without spending so much time again, while us Battlemasters grind their way to War Hero faster (honestly, if you dont play 24/7 it was insane to get before that valor buff).

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Some of those guilds are not as good as you give them credit for in my opinion, republic has one guild that stands out as organized and really good when it comes to WZ's, other than that they have a few really good healers that generally carry their teams to victory.
    Sounds quite butthurt, rep players were always better than any imp players on Scepter, it's just that we're scattered around guilds and don't really care about making a premade, while most active imps weren't lazy to form a big pvp guilds and run premades 24/7 creating an illusion of being good players (well ofc you can farm poor pugs, especially when they were undergeared).
    I've done more than 10 games yesterday, only joining a premade for last 2, I beat blood premade once with a pug and few genesis premades (they're real crap lately), and lost to imp premades I think twice, rest pug vs pug games absolute victory.
    Last edited by VincentWolf; 2012-03-13 at 07:16 AM.

i hate agents... them and stealthies always get the drop on people

sorc cc? LOL the only cc they have is electrocute and whilrwind.. which is on a 1 min cooldown pretty much..

unless u are a melee and get blinded by their static barrier or binded by overload u wont get attacked at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pykno View Post
    when i played ( first 7 or so week ) , the vanguard tank pvp set had mainly def/shield/absorb . the problem was that those stats only worked on autohits and some ( lets say 20% ) of the skills.

dont get me wrong i was feeling tanky enough , but reallizing that nearly all the stats on my gear exept stamnina and expertise didnt work made me mad .
    That doesn't mean the sets broken at all. It's just not totally optimized for tanking in PVP which is why a lot of tanks tend to just get the PVP gear and replace the shield/absorb mods or whatever and replace them with DPS ones. Taugrim wrote a really good article (or two) about Vanguard tanking in PVP here: Vanguard/Powertech PVP.

As for the OP, I also am finding more fun than I used to in PVP. I recently went from my 2/31/8 Deception spec to a 31/0/10 Darkness spec for PVP and I'm having loads of fun with it. Alderaan is definitely my favourite one despite its simplicity and similarity to AB (which, coincidentally, was also my favourite BG in WoW).

@Jeronimity :
    Man exactly my thing aswell What i love about Alderaan is that there is always an ongoing battle goin on , even on the 'remote' left or right side where ur teams has its primary capping. There is always the occasional stealthed team coming to cap etc. I do however love huttball alot. Perhaps as imps we win it usually as we are trained in it more :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I love the PVP but I freaking hate Imps on my server. Played 15 games yesterday, only won 2, that's ridiculous. Pubs always have 2-3 healers in their random teams, while we Imps are lucky as hell if we even have 1. Most of the time we have 0. And as always, the team with more healers wins 99% of the time.

I have 2 level 50 imps (second one just got to 50 yesterday) and I don't really want to roll another Pub to 50 but everything looks like that's what I gotta do if I want to enjoy pvp without getting a heart attack from all the rage about those mouthbreathing imps on my server...

I still hope that it gets better with crossserver warzones. Imps are such losers on my server

I agree with other posters here, Arathi was my favorite BG in WoW, Alderaan is my favorite WZ in SWTOR.
    Last edited by AetherMcLoud; 2012-03-13 at 08:58 AM.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    I'm a sith marauder specced into rage 2/8/31 and I just feel so underpowered in WZ's, it seems that the only time I can get a kill is with another person nearby. Sure I aint great at the game just yet but someone "teach" me? o.O

I agree with this thread.PVP is enjoyable after ability delay fix , ilum quest changes , rgn sytem change and some class changes. I never miss old mmo i play and planning to keep my subscription.I cant wait for 1.2 for new warzone.

Quote Originally Posted by xeonix View Post
    To reply to the other dude who asked about pvp being smooth
    Short answer yes , its smooth. However you stated 'smooth like wow' ,yes again if not better in my opinion. At least people cant fire through pillars, u cant get feared into walls, you dont die 30secs after from lock curses and your character animation doesnt stuck. Oh and i forgot the afk'ers. So no, swtor doesnt have stuff like that.
    There certainly are AFKers in SWTOR. I know one dude specifically on my server who if I see him on my team in a WZ, I know we'll be a man down from the get go cause as soon as game starts he leaves the entrance area then does nothing the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Sounds quite butthurt, rep players were always better than any imp players on Scepter, it's just that we're scattered around guilds and don't really care about making a premade, while most active imps weren't lazy to form a big pvp guilds and run premades 24/7 creating an illusion of being good players (well ofc you can farm poor pugs, especially when they were undergeared).
    I've done more than 10 games yesterday, only joining a premade for last 2, I beat blood premade once with a pug and few genesis premades (they're real crap lately), and lost to imp premades I think twice, rest pug vs pug games absolute victory.
    I could turn that around and say that's quite arrogant to claim that rep players are universally better, you have your share of shit players as well. And beating a blood premade isn't a great feat of any kind, they generally only play for them selfs and don't give a shit about the other people on their team, to the extent that it loses games because they are greedy with the ball and such, hence my comment that some of the guilds named wasn't as good as they where given credit for.

Either way it wasn't a try to pick a fight and I'm not the least butthurt as I generally get my daily wins in 3-5 games without premades.

Btw, on the valor thing, getting to BM isn't as important as you make it out to be, the gear upgrades are minor at best, centurion = 126, champion = 136, battlemaster = 140.