Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    a black lab still a puppy, and yea. that is his way of telling me to gtfo from my bed and play with him.
    Cute! Sounds like you have a little ball of energy. I found that make a very loud yelping noise made my puppy stop biting me, and then redirecting her mouth onto a toy really drove the idea home. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    It's just checking to see if you're still alive or not before it tries to eat you.
    D:!? ohh god! all the times he's been licking me all over?! WAS IT JUST TO TASTE IF IM EDIBLE YET?!
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

he probably found that woke you up quicker.

or your bellybutton tastes good. I wouldn't know. *shifty eyes*
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Mine have a foot fetish (licks feet). Tho, belly is kinda gross O.o`. Just don´t let it go between those 2, if you know what I mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    My dog just started doing this a few days ago. He licks my belly button every morning to wake me up. I've heard of them licking your face but this is just pretty weird, anyone else's dog do this?
    Yes. My dog will lick any body part you stick in front of him. Leg, feet, hands, arms, chest. He'll just lick and lick and lick and lick. He'll also half-lick himself to death, but he is a Shiba Inu. It could be a grooming thing.

Perhaps complex, exotic smells -- including disgusting ones -- are interesting to dogs with their heavily smell-focused brains, a little like visual art can be captivating to humans, who of course are far more primarily visual-based in sensory focus.

A bellybutton has smell and taste to a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    This isn't so much because dogs líke to lick gross things... It's because dog saliva is very, very clean, and works as a disinfectant. Basically, the dog is trying to help you heal.
    And that most animals tend to be able to tell when the owner is sick just from the owner acting different, plus the fact that dogs can smell the infection, it's just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Yes. My dog will lick any body part you stick in front of him. Leg, feet, hands, arms, chest. He'll just lick and lick and lick and lick. He'll also half-lick himself to death, but he is a Shiba Inu. It could be a grooming thing.
    What color is your dog? If he's all white, I'm going to come steal him.

10+ Year Old Account
    My dog (Rhodesian Ridgeback/Blackmouth Curr... so kind of tall) stands up on her feet, and puts her paws on my shoulders and licks my face.