Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hawt09 View Post
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Genuinely cannot knock Jim Carey for this film, I never thought I'd be able to imagine him in anything other than a slapstick comedy.
    So fucked up, right? haha Amazing film.

Deleted
    Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness.

Deleted

I have to second that - brilliant movie.
    Usually I can't be bothered with romantic comedies and all that jazz, but this flic really moved me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe noone mentioned this one before me, but 'Garden State' was pretty damn nice.

My Sassy Girl. (original one, not the shitty american remake)

Princess Bride. Doesn't matter what you want to see, Princess Bride comes on, it's staying on.
    Sleepless in Seattle. I don't know why. I'm a sucker for that movie, despite the fact that there's children in it.
    Strictly Ballroom. Kinda twisted, kinda campy, kinda dated, but so much fun.

Shall We Dance? The Japanese one from 1996, not that creepy one with Richard Gere and JLo.
    The Road Home if you want a tearjerker. It's a Chinese film, so more subtitles, but it's such a beautiful movie.

Unleashed. Not exactly romantic, but I still think it's a pretty good date movie. Jet Li, Morgan Freeman, some action, some stuff that tugs the heartstrings, some humor, great story.

Rom coms are amazing

Am i weird being a 19 year old guy who loves them? Or just the best bf ever?! Trololol

Love Actually one of the best films EVER aswell!

Unleashed. Not exactly romantic, but I still think it's a pretty good date movie. Jet Li, Morgan Freeman, some action, some stuff that tugs the heartstrings, some humor, great story.
    If you want your date to be completely in tears most of the evening, I'm pretty sure this one is great.

I'd say you can't go wrong with (the British) Love Actually. More points if your date is in the holiday season!
    Notting Hill... Also splendid.
    I also love, just love, Music and Lyrics! Adore the movie! But then, I have a soft spot for Hugh Grant.

Australia (Kidman and Jackman) is also a movie much worth your time.

Not that good a romantic movie for a date, but certainly worth picking up once you're already in a relationship, is Disney's Beauty and the Beast.

Sranger Than Fiction was pretty good on a few different levels.

Kung fu hustle.... yeah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Crazy Stupid love, laughed alot, cried 2 times, great movie.
    Howay the lads!

cant believe Closer hasn't been mentioned yet. A romantic movie where characters actually have a bit of complexity about them sure does make a change.

The Natalie Portman stripper scene is possibly the greatest thing in cinema history. And Jude Law will always get the girl who's watching it with you in the mood.

Cashback. Wouldn't recommend for the first couple of dates because there is plenty of nudity and that could be awkward, but it's really funny and a good romantic story.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Secretary: it's about a girl who self harms, meets a guy into BDSM, they fall in love. Wierdest fucking film I've EVER seen, but you can't fault it's brilliance. Plus it's probably the only film I've seen Maggie Gylenhal (or however the fuck you spell it) and thought 'yeah... I probably would'

also this one. AMAZING movie Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet at their finest.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2012-03-12 at 03:47 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    'Untamed Heart' - Christian Slater and Marisa Tomei

Get Him to the Greek

Not the romantic movie you were expecting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sabrina
    An Affair to Remember
    Casablanca
    Roman Holiday

Eternal Sunshine, Love, Actually, these are terrific picks. Closer is very raw and emotional, it's great. I loved Garden State, but I saw it before being exposed to Zach Braff in Scrubs so I didn't hate him at the time. I thought 500 Days of Summer was pretty OK. Blue Valentine made my fiancee and I very depressed about life and love, not recommended for an early relationship viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    No wonder this forum gives such awful relationship advice. Look at the terrible movies you guys watch. Hitch? How to lose a guy in 10 days?
    Agree with this 100% Horrible movies, totally unrealistic and predictable.

I've only seen it mentioned once in this thread, but it's definitely worth another post-count. NOTTING HILL!
    Best romantic comedy ever, and I've watched oh so many of them :P I'd even say it's my favourite movie of all time.
    Yes, I'm a guy.