Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Reward people that queue at instance entrance

So, in order to get people out in the world, but not take away the convenience of queuing in the cities, I think Blizzard should reward those people that queue by going into the swirly gate thingy. Just like we queued for WSG all those years ago.

Of course the reward should be something like a sachet with the extremely rare chance of getting a rare mount or pet in it - just like the tanks get for queuing up. Some people may actually make use of it.

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    So, in order to get people out in the world, but not take away the convenience of queuing in the cities, I think Blizzard should reward those people that queue by going into the swirly gate thingy. Just like we queued for WSG all those years ago.

<snip>
    I think you just answered your own question right there.*

My question to you is this... why is it important that we go to an entrance? How does that "enhance" the world at all? instead of having people crowding around in cities, you now have people crowding around entrance portals. What exactly is gained here?*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

My question to you is this... why is it important that we go to an entrance? How does that "enhance" the world at all? instead of having people crowding around in cities, you now have people crowding around entrance portals. What exactly is gained here?*
    $20 says OP plays on a PVP server and just wants to camp newbies outside Deadmines/SFK.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account

Of course the reward should be something like a sachet with the extremely rare chance of getting a rare mount or pet in it - just like the tanks get for queuing up. Some people may actually make use of it.
    What if the "out in the world" is not the entrance of an instance for me? And more importantly, why reward people to force explore an environment in a game? I don't play an MMO to "get out in the world", I do that in the real world that we live in, daily!

Deleted
    Ahaha, reward people that gather own group and then walk to the dungeon entrance from the other side of the map.

There should be rewards for exploring the world, not for taking a few flight points.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

It sounds like an incredibly minor reward to me. Sounds like an alright idea.

People need to get over thinking that every single little thing needs to be obtained and relevant for them or else it's wasted development time or some crap.

Deleted
    I think centralising everything in stormwind was a mistake, its really sad to see ironforge, shattrath, dalaran and the others almost empty.

Shatt and dala are works of awesomeness.
    Give all the cities portals to each other!

I think it would be a nice idea, but im not sure if a straight out reward would work, maybe some sort of reputation bonus?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad idea,the dungeon*finder*gets people out in the world more then lfg and*queuing*at an*instance*would. With the dungeon finder u can do dailys archy/mine etc. Without a dungeon finder or the ability to queue anywhere, people would either be in org spamming lfg or at the dungeon entrance sitting with nothing to do.

If you have to go to the portal then it makes sense that you are queuing for that specific instance and not all of them. In that case I would be content simply getting the valor bonus still while being able to queue for the one instance I want.

Ran into this while trying to get one last piece of gear for my druids OS, only needed EoT but still wanted to cap valor for MS upgrades, so I would run a random Hour 5man and hope I got the instance I wanted.

Deleted

All that is gained is to make the world seem alive. I remember when I was lowbie questing in theramore, I saw this large group of level 60s organising their group for Onyxia and it just awed me at the time to see all these high level, well-geared players out in the world.

But hopefully all of Blizzard's other plans to get us out will this time around work better

Maybe not for BGs (although just queuing in cities wasn't bad), but for dungeons this is a good idea. You guys whine about sitting in SW/Org all day and then whine about reasons to get you out of there?
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    $20 says OP plays on a PVP server and just wants to camp newbies outside Deadmines/SFK.
    ...I have to admit that the thought did cross my mind. ^_^

Deleted
    ...I have to admit that the thought did cross my mind. ^_^
    I am too much of a carebear to play on a PvP server

But I am sure people on PvP servers could have some fun with this. Surely that is why they rolled there in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am too much of a carebear to play on a PvP server

But I am sure people on PvP servers could have some fun with this. Surely that is why they rolled there in the first place?
    about a year ago I was leveling a rogue in the low 60's and wanted the mark of honor rings from HFP, so I spent some time in the pvp objectives in hfp.

1) usually they were just empty, even during peak hours.
    2) half or more of toons I saw were 85's on flying mounts. Of course, even 60's had flying mounts, so the entire catch-me-if-you-can game was a central facet of the area.
    3) It took me many days (don't remember how many now) to get the 40 marks I wanted or whatever, simply because there wasn't much of anyone there.

At times I would wander over to Hellfire Citadel and see if I could see any groups I could attack (remember, I was 58-63 while doing this, this isn't ganking lowbies), and I never, ever, saw ANYONE. I later realized that the LFD system existed and that virtually no one ever traveled to an instance anymore. This was on KilJaeden, a pvp server with reasonable faction populations on both sides.

I also wandered over to thrallmar to see if I could find anyone there, and was puzzled by this icon over all the guards heads which hadn't been there when I went around in wotlk and bc. I was even more puzzled at being one-shot repeatedly by guards as soon as I was seen, stealth or not. I later learned about the 'guard' obsession blizzard had inflicted upon the game, and remain puzzled at how they could do this on a pvp server.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2012-03-09 at 04:07 AM.

On a tech standpoint, I am not sure if that is even possible.

On a wtf standpoint, how is that a good incentive for pointless travel? You'd just be forcing people to fly to point A. They wouldn't be out in the world, just on a path to a dungeon.

Crowding in front of instances doesn't fix the whole "getting out into the world" thing though. Just the spot in front of the portal will have people. And thats a small spot.

I think with the addition of VP quests, people will end up doing those while in Queue... hopefully. And that should actually get people out into the world running around looking for quest objectives while fending off the opposite faction. It'd be a better use of time than afking. A 5-10 minute quest would give people more VP than sitting around waiting for the queue to pop. As long as VP stays*desirable, the world would stay alive... in theory.

Deleted
    I can think of the PERFECT reward...

Make the LFG system prioritize players who queue up at instance entrance.

Sure you can queue up in your warm and cozy capital city, but it's going to take a considerably longer time.

If you want it fast, move your lazy ass to the instance entrance.

"there should be rewards for X" - everything that is wrong about this games self entitled community.

a game is meant to be fun, pleasure and enjoyment. the game is your reward from real life.