10+ Year Old Account

[Resto] Replace LFR maw w/ H Vararies of Time?

I recently obtained H Vararies and have been running with my LFR Maw. Would the extra Int (+20 and a red socket) and SP (535) make up for the ~10% healing that the proc is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by silver9172 View Post
    I recently obtained H Vararies and have been running with my LFR Maw. Would the extra Int (+20 and a red socket) and SP (535) make up for the ~10% healing that the proc is doing?
    Would say it depends on the fight. My guess is Maw would still win on fights like yor'sahj, ultraxion, spine and madness. Where your raid is mostly stacked and you can get the full benefit of it. It may fall short on morchok, zon'ozz and definitely hagara. Blackhorn is a toss up depending on what strat yo use. I'd suggest keeping both and swapping them depending on the fight.

For 10man: Yes.
    For 25man: Maybe.

However nice the proc may be, only in 25man normal and heroics it is really worth more than a weapon that has more intellect, spellpower and haste (not to forget crit - which you can forge into spirit). If you have both (which you evidently do), use both and compare. Play one ID with Vagaries and one with Maw and compare combatlogs of both. Alternatively you could switch between encounters: AOE Heavy-Group balling- Encounters -> go for Maw. Any other -> go for Vagaries.

Deleted
    No, maw > all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use them both, when you're stacked, switch to the Maw, when you're not, use the other one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...