Page 1 of 2
LastLast

90 percent of what the government says is false.

So my brother came home from another tour the other week, he's a Major now, and he said that all of his commanders and fellow officers confirmed that half the crap they feed in the news paper about war and politics is complete bull crap, he also told me that the government is so corrupt that as an example as if a town were to break out in a disease and ended up being quarantined and got out of control, and was eventually nuked, not a soul on this planet would live to tell about it. Cray example I know, he also said the government kills innocent people to keep humanity where it is...meaning they would kill an innocent person if they threatened to speak the truth, or knew something they were suppose to....I heard a lot of this yap yap yap-ing in the kitchen the other night...and everyone was sober as a bird as well did everyone have a serious facial expression. My family comes a long way of prideful independent intelligent people, so this is hard to believe yet easy to believe. I hear our government is corrupt all the time....I don't know.

Please don't flame, or tell me what you thought about this, but rather tell me if you've ever heard a similar story about the government hiding things or....corrupt agencies that were leaked or something?

"no shit ,sherlock"= 90% of what this thread will be.

46,7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Hold on.... let me get my tin foil hat.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brontosaurust View Post
    he also told me that the government is so corrupt that as an example as if a town were to break out in a disease and ended up being quarantined and got out of control, and was eventually nuked, not a soul on this planet would live to tell about it.
    isn't this the simpsons movie's plot?

well its conspiracy theory's again, we know they exist i guess 'Vietnam war' was started on a bullshit presumption and spun as something else. but how deep it goes or how it will turn out or what that means for the individual who the hell knows, its not like anyone has the man power or evidence to step forward and start pointing fingers.

Wait a minute... are you saying there are still people out there who believe everything their government tells them? Really? I have trouble believing that....

Deleted
    Your brother won't keep his commission for very long if he does not keep his mouth shut.

i dont know the actual statitics but i do belive all our media an goverments tells half truths to us general populace just to keep us in the usefull idiots category

Ignoring the fact that nobody can ever nuke anything in 'secret.'

Even North Korean's cherry-bomb sized nuke was picked up on seismic detectors halfway around the planet.

Also ignoring the fact that even if the media were to lie about something, NOTHING escapes the social-media storm on the Internet.

Paranoia. What else...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brontosaurust View Post
    they would kill an innocent person if they threatened to speak the truth, or knew something they were suppose to....
    So when are you planning to flee the country?

So do you work for the government then?

Deleted
    Queues the X-files theme.

Nothing new and nothing you can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Ignoring the fact that nobody can ever nuke anything in 'secret.'

Even North Korean's cherry-bomb sized nuke was picked up on seismic detectors halfway around the planet.

Also ignoring the fact that even if the media were to lie about something, NOTHING escapes the social-media storm on the Internet.
    why do you think they want sopa to pass? so they can get the internet cencored so they can do whatever the hell they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by uga-buga View Post
    why do you think they want sopa to pass? so they can get the internet cencored so they can do whatever the hell they wish.
    I don't think shockwaves are transmitted through the internet

Try RIAA and MPAA pouring metric shittons of money into politician's campaign funds via lobbyists due to their intents to stop internet piracy. I'm sure there are those in support of the bill because it will give them free reign to censor certain things (wikileaks etc) but that's not the core reason.

Is our government perfect? No. Are they out to destroy us? Not really.

Anyone recall J Edgar Hoover's batshit antics? Wait, what's that? Oh, you have heard about a semi-corrupt head of the FBI and his unconstitutional methods? Huh, funny. I'd think that'd be something that would be covered up.

Or how about the crazy shit Nixon did? Clinton and Lewinsky? The list goes on...

The media don't lie/obfuscate facts because they're in politician's pockets. They do it to create controversy where there is none to get viewership/readership to make money. News is big business, and if everyone reported the same news from the same perspective then inevitably there'd only be one news station left.

Copyright law has absolutely nothing to do with this, but nice try.

90 % is a bit too much don't you think?