1. #1

    question about the banhammer and switching accounts

    Hi, i was just wondering, if u get banned and get "final warning", u sure dont wanna risk getting banned again, but if u make a new account and transfer ur chars there, does blizzard keeps track of it then and move the final warning to that account aswell?

  2. #2
    Yes. Because you're merging the accounts. Your warnings will still be there. If you don't want to risk getting banned again, stop doing shit to get yourself banned.
    "1 in 4 Americans are skeptical on climate change...who gives a shit? That doesn't matter. You don't need other people's opinions on a fact. You may as well have a poll asking: Which number is bigger? 5 or 15? Do Owls exist? Are there hats?"

  3. #3
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,556
    With that being said to the previous poster; They can just track old account to the new account quite easily with your so called ''Old chars'' so yeah stop doing ''dumb'' stuff to get your self banned

  4. #4
    I wonder what some people do in this game. I have been playing a long time and never got banned or warned. And I surely don't behave like an angel.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    I wonder what some people do in this game. I have been playing a long time and never got banned or warned. And I surely don't behave like an angel.
    yea wonder it to. but if i read the forum here. i have a feeling if people act the same as they act in WoW they would be in prison now.
    yet whine if blizzard bans them for cursing or stuff like that.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    I wonder what some people do in this game. I have been playing a long time and never got banned or warned. And I surely don't behave like an angel.
    Well it's not what you do, but it is what other people think you do, and then report you.

    We talked in /2 a while ago about palindromes. I wrote a well known palindrome in german: "ein neger mit gazelle zagt im regen nie." Unfortunately the word "neger" was reported by someone, so I got a 3 day ban, which started somehow in the night. I didn't notice it since it was weekend and I came home on sunday, and wrote an email to Customer Service explaining where I used it and why it wasn't meant to harm someone else. They changed it to a 8hr ban, which by that time already ran out. But they wouldn't remove the ban/warning entirely because I used the N-Word.

    Strange things happen @ Blizz Customer support

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky303 View Post
    Well it's not what you do, but it is what other people think you do, and then report you.

    We talked in /2 a while ago about palindromes. I wrote a well known palindrome in german: "ein neger mit gazelle zagt im regen nie." Unfortunately the word "neger" was reported by someone, so I got a 3 day ban, which started somehow in the night. I didn't notice it since it was weekend and I came home on sunday, and wrote an email to Customer Service explaining where I used it and why it wasn't meant to harm someone else. They changed it to a 8hr ban, which by that time already ran out. But they wouldn't remove the ban/warning entirely because I used the N-Word.

    Strange things happen @ Blizz Customer support
    ein neger mit gazelle zagt im regen nie.

    -is-

    one N___o with gazelle never hesitates in the rain.

    And yes you got reported here to.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    ein neger mit gazelle zagt im regen nie.

    -is-

    one N___o with gazelle never hesitates in the rain.

    And yes you got reported here to.
    I guess ignorance is truely bliss. He should have gotten a perma-ban imo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •