View Poll Results: Do you get into a fight?

Voters
155. This poll is closed
  • Yes, its on bitch!!!

70 45.16%
  • No, I would rather walk away, its not worth it.

75 48.39%
  • I would rather lip wrestle with the Handsome Stranger!!! (Females only please!!!)

10 6.45%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebestkid View Post
    If someone random pushed me to the ground I would get back up and clock them. Although I fight MMA so one punch and they might be in the morgue which would not look good for me, unless the guy pushing you down is not the average guy.
    And if you retaliate an any way other that restraining them, then you will get done with assault with a deadly weapon... any person trained in fighting (boxers, MMA etc) will be treated this way.

Personally, I like to think of myself as an agile person, and not on the small side either... so if someone was able to push me to the ground, then I would imagine i was outmatched in a fight in a first place, so walking away would be the sensible option...

Deleted
    Considering I'm a diamond-belt in Brazilian MMA Ju-jitsu I'd completely wreck the guy.

I'm also 8'2'' and 300lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Catharlex View Post
    The other half of my first post you quoted -

"If he refuses to hit me three times, I walk away. It's not worth my time or effort at that point."
    Right, that was my point. Your LAST option was walking away, your first option was being an idiot and trying to get punched 3 times.

I call the police. Getting into a fight doesn't do me any favors and pushing someone to the ground is enough for an arrest.

What's this guy's problem, anyway? Picking a fight with a random stranger? Who DOES that?

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    i tell them i now have them on assault, will call 911 to press charges and have them arrested then sue them for all they are worth.
    Probably this. I'm not a 6-foot-4 Olympic powerlifter and I don't do the Bruce Lee / Jackie Chan shit or anything like that. If my life depended on it, I'd fight the bad guy off as well as I could and try to get away, but otherwise I'd just try to end it as quickly as possible or get the cops involved.

If the guy threatened my family / friends in any way or I believed they were in danger, I would fucking hulk out on him and go for his throat. All bets off at that point.

I live in an area without much crime, so that kind of thing is luckily not something I have to worry about very often. I do keep a "sleeping buddy" within arm's reach, so anyone who breaks into my house in the middle of the night will get fucked up.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-03-13 at 03:50 AM.

If he only talks i would ignore it and walk away,but mates you should never EVER let someone who is trying to start a fight with you actually get close enough to grab or punch you...if you cant walk away and want to try to solve things peacefully always maintain a safe distance...

If he touched my kid or my wife.... all rules are out,i would do everything i could to beat the crap of him by any means necessary

walk away...not worth my time or the jail time you would do for beating the fudge outa someone.

If was 20 yrs ago then yeh I would fight.. But in today's society, I would walk away.. Why? because of lawsuits.. I really do not want to go through the pain and stress of a bloody lawsuit over fighting someone, especially since the person who started it has just as much a chance to win than I even though they are in the wrong.. All it takes is a smart-ass jerk lawyer to stand up and talk Bull**** and convince the judge the Bull**** is true.. It is easier to walk away and avoid any chance on losing time and money over getting into a fight with a jerkasaurus

If I can take him I would teach him a lesson. Not necessarly beat him up.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only if there's no other chance i'd defend myself, but fighting because someone swears at you is not even close to intelient.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Handsome Stranger View Post
    See, ths question kinda shows its age. Back in my day, when you get pushed to the ground, you have to get back up and either push the person back or start throwing punches, you just have to. Now a days, kids get pushed to the ground and then they run home. I'm not saying its a bad thing to do, its the smart thing to do, but in my day you stood up for yourself, even in the face of getting your ass kicked, you at least tried.
    Donno about your country, but back when my father was young like me, you could get in a dozen of fights etc. without the police to intervene etc.
    Now you can get in jail for just a single punch, they go to the medic and so on.. So No I wont fight him,

Deleted
    well if this person was really out to hurt me, he prob would have started trowing punches right away, sound to me like the whole point of the verbal abuse to intimidate feeling me out to see if he was scaring me, so in reality he is prob the one that is scared.

what would i do? well first of all befor the first punch even fell, i would stand my ground looking straight at him, and start laughing at him, for one of two reasons, make him uneasy and fear the unknown factors like do i have a gun? is there a big group of my friends standing near by? etc etc, or 2th to piss him off so f he do attack me he would do so in anger, his reaction to me laughting could give me alot of infomation, is he drunk? do he have something in his hands? is he alone?

if the odds are in my favor, i would just stand and wait ready for his first punch, if the odds are not in my favor, strike first and leg it. best would ofc be to avoid a fight entierely. a brused face can hurt your game play, but so can bleeding knockles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many unknowns, where am I ? does he have friends with him? do I have friends with me? how big is this guy? am I armed? have I been drinking?

but chances are if he pushed me down on the ground I could articulate self defense and I would pick up whatever was closest to me and beat him with it.

Deleted
    Walk away or run away. Me being about 5'1"(1.56m) & weighing 110lbs(around 50 kg) I wouldn't exactly be intimidating to someone.

I would walk away, or just verbally assault the D-Bag.

However the moment he touched me it is on, more so if there are witnesses.

More then likely he would have been unable to push me and would probably find himself and his knees praying to what ever God he worshiped that I would not break his wrist. As I have extensive training and two years as a bouncer to putting that training to practical use.

In most states the moment someone physically touches you, all you have to say to avoid going to jail or having charges pressed is, " I feared for my safety and well being"