Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    People selling boosts ruined arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurlumhei View Post
    People selling boosts ruined arena.
    I totally forgot about this too.

Seeing all the top teams in Arena called "WTFast" or some variation made me a sad panda last couple of seasons.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Pretty sure WTFast was a wow tunnel to help increase peoples ping and nothing to so with boosting? Dunno if thats 100% correct but I cant even be bother to double check, Also you have to do the hard slog, you cant just expect 2000 people to start playing with a random who cant prove any arena exp whatsoever, Just do the slog like the rest of us did to 2k and beyond by team hoping and improving. Its the only way to do it outside of buying a shitty boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ttu12 View Post
    It is damn near impossible... unless you got a 2k achieve back when they first introduced rating.

Genius.
    No sir! This is not the reason why "Why the PVP rating systems are broken.". Indeed, you should find your way to PvP guild that is recruiting all ratings. Or are you trolling?

Deleted
    I haven't played serious arenas in a long time, because I'm a BG hero. But let me tell you my story.

I'm an oldschool player, by which I mean I've played all the aspects of the game since classic. BGs have always been fun to me, and when arenas were introduced, I shunned them, they were ''pvp-in-a-box'' in my eyes, not _real_ pvp. Ive BGed and fought people in the open world since I began playing the game, and not until s7 did I start caring about arena rating. Hanging around in Durotar, duelling whoever wanted to (altho reluctantly against certain classes, we've all been there.) One day, this mage I didn't really know, had apparently kept his eye on me . He could tell that I was above the majority of the players on my realm, and asked if I'd do 2s with him. at the start, I was horrible, really horrible. I couldn't position myself, I couldn't keep track of people, and I was inexperienced at dealing with certain popular setups. But he guided me through, and we started climbing, climbing hard. Made it to the #9 spot in the battlegroup (Cyclone EU Wotlk), highest team in the world with our setup. I owe 90% of my arena knowledge to this guy.

I considered myself a ''good player'' before having a go at serious arenas, but just because you do well in duels/BG PvP, you're not necessarily a good player when it comes to arenas. If you want to play serious arenas, proving your worth is key. I am one of the lucky few who actually got to skip the step of climbing with other average people, but that doesn't happen to everyone. As for RBGs, I suggest you grind up your rating with lower end teams, and then hop onto higher rated ones if possible.

Getting high rated atm is pretty reduntant now tho, you can pick up a full set of gear without rating, and get a weapon off of madness normal (Questline if you're a rogue), as they beat the t1 PvP weapons for everyone but healers.

Good Luck. Peace.

TL;DR Rating doesn't really matter anymore, but if it's what you really want, start earning it bit by bit as suggested by a few people already.
    Last edited by mmoc1ea225bcc9; 2012-03-14 at 11:55 AM.

^ What you said actually gives me some hope. I played vanilla as a rogue, and was perhaps top 3 on my server in terms of dueling skill. In BGs, I was/am a smart player. I know too well that these skills don't exactly translate into high arena ratings, since you need knowledge, experience (which includes muscle memory), and the right comp. Having a great player guide me would be a dream come true.