Poll: What other MMO's will you play?

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    You complain about games too similar to wow, but not having mounts is a drawback? uhhhh
    A game's longevity should be in the enjoyment of it's content and attention to characters and design, not in the time it takes to get from point A to point B.

A person who wants to stop and smell the cyber roses still has the option to do so whenever he wants, as often as he wants.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    A game's longevity should be in the enjoyment of it's content and attention to characters and design, not in the time it takes to get from point A to point B.

A person who wants to stop and smell the cyber roses still has the option to do so whenever he wants, as often as he wants.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Waypoint

Mounts aren't strictly a Warcraft thing. Having mounts doesn't necessarily make a game WoW-like either. That seems a bizarre association.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Assuming the link was meant to be helpful, it's appreciated, however, I'm very familiar with the game's waypoint system. Some people just like being able to mount up to get around in one particular area. Speaking personally, I've enjoyed mounting up in almost every game available since the first time I rode Epona in Ocarina of Time. =) Since then, it's become something I've come to enjoy and expect in my MMOs. No biggie if they don't add them, just saying I, and many many others, would really enjoy them.

As Fencers said, they're no where near a WoW exclusive feature.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Mounts aren't strictly a Warcraft thing. Having mounts doesn't necessarily make a game WoW-like either. That seems a bizarre association.
    It's more that the people are complaining about games being similar to wow and then wanting to make them more similar by adding stuff wow has, i personally don't mind mounts being in game as long as they aren't magical teleporting animals, they can be fought on, and they can be killed... Otherwise i see no point in adding them
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    As far as I can tell, the game wont be designed around sitting down and playing this same title all day every day. To be honest, games like WoW and Rift actually come out with a pretty startling amount of content compared to other games in the genre and STILL people clear it all in a week and blame the company.

GW2 simply isn't going to be like that. With it's lack of subscription fee, the larger patches will probably be replaced with expansion packs and smaller patches will be bug fixes and the occasional addition of quests and NPCs, rather than adding a new raid or dungeon a couple times a year on patch day.

Not a bad thing. It's going to be an amazing game in my opinion, but not something that will retain it's longevity over great periods of time if someone is focusing all of their gaming schedule on it.

Just my perspective.
    Hehe
    Like introducing (1-3) 8-12 man istances , like <<The Deep>> from GW1 , with an x-pack , every 6 months > 30 dollars/6 month= 5 dollar total per month ?
    While the max lvl will be 80 for the next 7 years (like GW1 > 20 lvl max) > so if u stopped playing for a while-or u are playing only pvp-or if u dont like that specific content of that expansion > u dont have to buy any of them > but choose the specific u and ur guild like for PvE ?
    Nah

EDIT: Ahhha sorry didnt see: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-in-game-store .
    No need for digital x-pack copies for implanting minor areas/istances > they will have microtransactions , for everyhting else (not for raids-and maybe they wont be any ).

(PvP scrub bg hero here ,trying to tone down the tension , dont shoot !)
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-03-17 at 02:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    Hehe
    Like introducing a 8-12 man istance , like <<The Deep>> from GW1 , with an x-pack like <<Eye of the North>> , every 6 months > 30 dollars/6 month=5 dollar total per month ?
    While the max lvl will be 80 for the next 7 years (like GW1 > 20 lvl max) > so if u stopped playing for a while-or u are playing only pvp-or if u dont like that specific content of that expansion , u dont have to buy all of them , but choose the specific u and ur guild like ?
    Nah
    Poor Urgoz, nobody seems to like you... *pats Urgoz on the head* don't worry, i know you're there....
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

All depends if it lives up to the hype, which ever is best of GW2 vs MoP will get all my game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    It's more that the people are complaining about games being similar to wow and then wanting to make them more similar by adding stuff wow has <snip>
    Illogical. GW2 has many features WOW also supports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Illogical. GW2 has many features WOW also supports.
    lol i didn't say it made sense, i'm just recycling what i've heard from others xD