View Poll Results: What other MMO's will you play?

Voters
523. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Secret World

57 10.90%
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic

94 17.97%
  • Rift

46 8.80%
  • World of Warcraft

308 58.89%
  • Tera Online

60 11.47%
  • Aion

32 6.12%
  • Fianal Fantasy XIV

7 1.34%
  • FireFall

32 6.12%
  • PlanetSide 2

21 4.02%
  • Other

91 17.40%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Well you are on a WoW forum :P

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Well you are on a WoW forum :P
    mmo-champion.com
    Wut?

/10cha

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well I have to admit that WoW was my first mmo. I stopped playing after two weeks as I thought it was terrible. If I didn't have friends that convinced me to come back and play with them a few months later I probably would have never played an mmo again.
    My first mmo was star wars galaxies, a while after NGE hit i stopped playing and started looking for a new mmo, and my mom had found WoW and had gotten it for me for a birthday or xmas or something of the sort... i don't remember lol if only GW had advertised more, would've left wow to play it a while ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

WoW. I've tried some of the other games that are currently out on that list and to me personally, the MMO was complete garbage or felt too much like WoW. I am all for trying different games and I'm not a fan boy, but to me WoW is still the best MMO on the market despite what a lot of people seem to think. Come MoP, I really do think Blizzard will pull out all the stops. They have no choice and will bounce back. As for GW2, it looks interesting, but there are a few things they don't have like mounts which is a big draw back for me. Yes, it's a little silly and I will still probably give it a whirl, but no mounts just isn't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bep-Shandris View Post
    I'll probably play this exclusively, but I may decide to continue playing WoW also.
    As far as I can tell, the game wont be designed around sitting down and playing this same title all day every day. To be honest, games like WoW and Rift actually come out with a pretty startling amount of content compared to other games in the genre and STILL people clear it all in a week and blame the company.

GW2 simply isn't going to be like that. With it's lack of subscription fee, the larger patches will probably be replaced with expansion packs and smaller patches will be bug fixes and the occasional addition of quests and NPCs, rather than adding a new raid or dungeon a couple times a year on patch day.

Not a bad thing. It's going to be an amazing game in my opinion, but not something that will retain it's longevity over great periods of time if someone is focusing all of their gaming schedule on it.

Just my perspective.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    WoW. I've tried some of the other games that are currently out on that list and to me personally, the MMO was complete garbage or felt too much like WoW. I am all for trying different games and I'm not a fan boy, but to me WoW is still the best MMO on the market despite what a lot of people seem to think. Come MoP, I really do think Blizzard will pull out all the stops. They have no choice and will bounce back. As for GW2, it looks interesting, but there are a few things they don't have like mounts which is a big draw back for me. Yes, it's a little silly and I will still probably give it a whirl, but no mounts just isn't the same.
    You complain about games too similar to wow, but not having mounts is a drawback? uhhhh

Personally, I see myself continuing with my current on/off rotation of Rift, WoW, Aion, and soon to be Tera when GW2 comes into the mix. Although realistically, if GW2 is even half as good as it appears to be, I'll most likely be dropping a few from that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    You complain about games too similar to wow, but not having mounts is a drawback? uhhhh
    A game's longevity should be in the enjoyment of it's content and attention to characters and design, not in the time it takes to get from point A to point B.

A person who wants to stop and smell the cyber roses still has the option to do so whenever he wants, as often as he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    A game's longevity should be in the enjoyment of it's content and attention to characters and design, not in the time it takes to get from point A to point B.

A person who wants to stop and smell the cyber roses still has the option to do so whenever he wants, as often as he wants.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Waypoint

Mounts aren't strictly a Warcraft thing. Having mounts doesn't necessarily make a game WoW-like either. That seems a bizarre association.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Assuming the link was meant to be helpful, it's appreciated, however, I'm very familiar with the game's waypoint system. Some people just like being able to mount up to get around in one particular area. Speaking personally, I've enjoyed mounting up in almost every game available since the first time I rode Epona in Ocarina of Time. =) Since then, it's become something I've come to enjoy and expect in my MMOs. No biggie if they don't add them, just saying I, and many many others, would really enjoy them.

As Fencers said, they're no where near a WoW exclusive feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Mounts aren't strictly a Warcraft thing. Having mounts doesn't necessarily make a game WoW-like either. That seems a bizarre association.
    It's more that the people are complaining about games being similar to wow and then wanting to make them more similar by adding stuff wow has, i personally don't mind mounts being in game as long as they aren't magical teleporting animals, they can be fought on, and they can be killed... Otherwise i see no point in adding them
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    As far as I can tell, the game wont be designed around sitting down and playing this same title all day every day. To be honest, games like WoW and Rift actually come out with a pretty startling amount of content compared to other games in the genre and STILL people clear it all in a week and blame the company.

GW2 simply isn't going to be like that. With it's lack of subscription fee, the larger patches will probably be replaced with expansion packs and smaller patches will be bug fixes and the occasional addition of quests and NPCs, rather than adding a new raid or dungeon a couple times a year on patch day.

Not a bad thing. It's going to be an amazing game in my opinion, but not something that will retain it's longevity over great periods of time if someone is focusing all of their gaming schedule on it.

Just my perspective.
    Hehe
    Like introducing (1-3) 8-12 man istances , like <<The Deep>> from GW1 , with an x-pack , every 6 months > 30 dollars/6 month= 5 dollar total per month ?
    While the max lvl will be 80 for the next 7 years (like GW1 > 20 lvl max) > so if u stopped playing for a while-or u are playing only pvp-or if u dont like that specific content of that expansion > u dont have to buy any of them > but choose the specific u and ur guild like for PvE ?
    Nah

EDIT: Ahhha sorry didnt see: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-in-game-store .
    No need for digital x-pack copies for implanting minor areas/istances > they will have microtransactions , for everyhting else (not for raids-and maybe they wont be any ).

(PvP scrub bg hero here ,trying to tone down the tension , dont shoot !)
    Last edited by Plzbegentle; 2012-03-17 at 02:33 AM.
    GW2 : Plzbegentle - Ruins of Surmia EU - Sylvari Engineer
    WoW: Vergin - Deathwing EU - Elf Resto Druid (27/05/05 - 02/04/12 Perma-Banned- Unhappy whinning PvP customer - whos begged from 4.1 to get rid of the RNG of Regrowth ... )
    It seems ppl have the energy to whine for a game , for not beeing exactly like their <<main>> game , while it dont have a SUB , and they dont have the courage to whine at their Game Master for slacking and producing few PvE content ...

Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    Hehe
    Like introducing a 8-12 man istance , like <<The Deep>> from GW1 , with an x-pack like <<Eye of the North>> , every 6 months > 30 dollars/6 month=5 dollar total per month ?
    While the max lvl will be 80 for the next 7 years (like GW1 > 20 lvl max) > so if u stopped playing for a while-or u are playing only pvp-or if u dont like that specific content of that expansion , u dont have to buy all of them , but choose the specific u and ur guild like ?
    Nah
    Poor Urgoz, nobody seems to like you... *pats Urgoz on the head* don't worry, i know you're there....

All depends if it lives up to the hype, which ever is best of GW2 vs MoP will get all my game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    It's more that the people are complaining about games being similar to wow and then wanting to make them more similar by adding stuff wow has <snip>
    Illogical. GW2 has many features WOW also supports.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Illogical. GW2 has many features WOW also supports.
    lol i didn't say it made sense, i'm just recycling what i've heard from others xD