Heroic Spine 10m - Getting raped on 3rd plate.

We've had about 5 hours of attempts on Heroic Spine - we're now getting up to 3rd plate but basically can't survive the roll. Here's logs http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/170158/ We're trying to aoe the bloods, and mop up the residue etc but our healers just can't seem to keep up.

Raid comp:
    Tanks
    Warrior (usually Arms)
    Druid

Healers
    Paladin
    Resto Shaman
    Disc/Holy Priest (were running x2 Resto shamsns as our disc priest was away for all attempts but will be back tomorrow).

DPS
    Rogue
    Ret Paladin (usually our OT)
    SV Hunter
    Ele Shaman (had x2 hunters as ele shaman was healing)
    Shadow Priest

LOGS HERE
    Last edited by Sharissa; 2012-03-13 at 03:47 AM.

Deleted
    first question: is your resto shaman using spirit link on that roll?
    second question: does your tank mop up the residue exactly 1-1.5 second before the roll? if not maybe u are having amalgamation x 9 too much time, and that is deadly in tendrils

I can honestly tell you you're probably going to do worse by replacing the resto shaman with a disc priest. Spirit link totem after roll and during nuclear blast to normalize raid hp is incredibly important to keep your raid stable and to have more consistent attempts.

Yes we always have a spirit link up for the roll. I think the tanks are mopping up earlier. Also I try to be on the side to roll it but not be in the aoe til it's about to roll. Should everyone be doing this? As I think a lot of the raid just jumps straight in when we call to roll it.

Deleted
    My guild is having issues on the third plate as well. Everything is fine, until we reach the third plate. Mostly cause our healers are low on mana, we're out of raid walls and the dps have burned their burst CD's on the Tendons already.

We've been really close but it just get overwhelming at the end.

Hmm from what I read here:
    Make sure you aoe the bloods BEFORE the tendon dies (stuff like immolation aura that also hurts the tendons helps a lot here) - if you aoe them while you're trying to roll your healers will have to heal the debuffs, exploding adds and roots at the same time, which is near impossible even with raid cds up.
    We use several raid cds on that roll and shortly after (totem + hymns + bear t4)
    Once you're healed up after that roll bomb some of the bloods to get enough for 2 sets of nukes (we do around 30).
    We then pop heroism for the 2nd Amalgamation, ignore the stun timer and just burn through it.

Deleted
    Stack your whole raid except the Amalgamation tank on the roll spot. As long as Amalgamation tank is not on that side, DW wont roll, he can pick the amalgamations from other side as well. Alot easier healing.

Use healthstones during spirit link.

Disc can drop Barrier @ the rolling spot. Use all cd:s there. I can imagine it being hard if ppl are halfspread, because of Healing Rain and Holy Radiance + that barrier.

EDIT: Ah nvm you dont have lock, forget healthstones.

Deleted
    Something we did, after we dps'd the 3rd plate once, we all stack up and pop barrier/divine hymne/slt and kill as many bloods as possible. Let ur warrior tank bloods(best mobility), let both pala's have holy wrath glyph(stun elementals) let holy pala or something run to the back to stun, priest grip, also, on the first 2 plates you can actually keep 3 almag's alive because without stacks the hurt like a wet noodle, then let ur offtank taunt 1 of them to get 9 stacks, you can multidot the 2nd almag so you get a faster 1st tendon(under 50%) pop. you can do the same on the 2nd plate, on 3rd plate rolling is a must because bloods will overwelm you.
    Are you timing the grip with your tendon dps? Also an annoying thing for the healers if ur bursting the tendon most dps will be slow on dpsing corruption.

Are your healers randomy dispelling to get the buff on the tanks?(earth debuff 2 stacks) and who are your primary targets for this buff

How many explosions is the amalg doing when he casts nuclear blast?

Anything higher then 2 is gonna weight alot on ur healers.
    Last edited by mmocc644d28b36; 2012-03-13 at 06:37 AM.

Here is a Spine recording of our farm run from this past week:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cdmpnkelyk

We had a petty mediocre comp because our mage was out of town and our shaman derped and used Hero on the second plate, but we still easily killed it.
    Just pay attention to the speed at which we do stuff and how we are handling the rolls.

EDIT: also, I forgot to mention the video above is from our Holy Paladin's PoV, and we also have a disc priest and shaman as the other two healers just like you guys.

EDIT2: The log from the video: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7711&e=8393
    Last edited by apinksquash; 2012-03-13 at 06:42 PM.
    Life is good.

Deleted
    Mopping isnt really that important on 3rd plate, I do it, but its more casually i grab what i can.
    And maybe change when you aoe the bloods, so its not happening all at once

Aoe bloods after the first expose on third plate, and they will not respawn before you are able to kill the tendon.

After trying various things we managed to kill this. I have researched this extensively and came to one conclusion that summarize the fights:
    The faster the better.

First plate: Do not turn the adds, keep the 3 amalgammation. Getting one low then the other for the second part of the first tendon.
    Transition: quickly kill 2 tentacles and quickly reset. While ressetting try to kill some blood that will get absorded. This is not mandatory but it helps.
    Second and third plate: focus dps on amalgammation. tank insure they have no more than 10 blood. DPS on amalgamation is key.

Second to third plate transition: same as first. fast fast fast.

Last plate: tank 1 kill just enough blood and protect healers. tank 2 kite the bloods, use stuns.

IMPORTANT! during first plate, get your two tanks the -20% damage received buff.

Here is how my 10m does it:
    1) immediately after the 2nd plate pops off, prot warr drags all living bloods to the area in front of where we stand during the flip
    2) I (demo lock) begin AOEing bloods with hellfire and felstorm (I don't use it during the tendon burn because tendon DPS is a non-issue for us), so as much residue is stacked here as possible. Meanwhile, the rest of the DPS + our feral tank are killing off the old corruptions (do this ASAP to minimize debuffs that go out -- extremely important)
    3) Feral druid picks up both amalgs, being extremely careful to not drag them through residue yet, and holds them off to side while the rest of raid stacks in the flip zone. Spirit link totem goes out here to remove debuffs. I am still AOEing, but am careful to throttle it if the raid is low.
    4) Towards end of the flip countdown timer, feral druid runs through the residue and into the flip zone, usually w/ stampeding roar. Amalgs follow him through the residue and receive up to 9 stacks each, but are flipped off before they can pulse more than once or twice.
    5) Spriests dhymn/mana hymn if needed during/after flip to clean any remaining debuffs up. (we stack the hell out of our comp so we have 2 shadow priests and 2 resto shamans) Feral also tranqs here because there is no time to do it later in the fight, since he will be dealing with any bloods our prot warrior can't handle.

Timing is extremely crucial for this to work properly. Bad timing will either get your amalg tank killed (not secured for the flip), or amalgs w/ 9 stacks will be pulsing while you're trying to survive a flip, and if you are too slow in doing all of this, the remaining living corruption tentacle will grip someone when you're trying to flip which can be disastrous. Here is our kill video's flip for visual reference: link
    Last edited by Fuqup; 2012-03-14 at 02:01 PM.