Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Simple fact ;P Dk's are not a good class(well..you know very unbalanced..just look on Blood dks ;P)
    As a ret pala i can't do anything against UH dk's at all, since the can't pop there shield thing and i i can't touch them, I do 2s with a disc priest, he one two shots mages time to time, even shamans.

Why do you say you wouldnt even try to shackle? I think shackle luchborn is a must, and you need to have shackle glyph for 0.4 cast. That plus fake casts will make you live longer.

Deleted
    Dk's would be fine if they removed Necrotic strike, scourge strike does virtually the same damage anyways thats including the -healing nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Nicc View Post
    Dk's would be fine if they removed Necrotic strike, scourge strike does virtually the same damage anyways thats including the -healing nonsense
    The sole reason Blizz introduced necrotic strike was to offset scourge strike nerf from shadow dmg to physical. You can't do meaningfull dmg to plate/chain+shield as a DK without necrotic strike. Though i'd say cast time debuff on necrotic is over the top and overlooked in this thread. But anyway we aren't looking at DK's swarming pvp ladders, and even if they were (like rogues for example) nothing would've been done till MoP anyway.

Imo they're most balanced pvp class right now, at least in 3v3 (what's blizz is balancing around).

Quote Originally Posted by Areox View Post
    As a disc priest, without peels, I simply fall over to dk's. Juke the mind freeze, OK full strang. Damnit. Okay, should be able to get a heal after, need to clear these necrotics. JK PET STUN. Fuck, now I really need to get myself up these necrotics are getting too high with just shields, renew and POM. INNER FOCUS! Heh, he'll mind freeze into my imm- JK GRIPPED. Oh look, mind freeze is back up.

/endrant.

Help?

(desperate prayer is on a 2 min cd.)
    Trinket strang? And you do have other defensive cds other than desperate prayer (not like they matter, but anywho...) Trinketing the strang gives you around 5-10 more seconds to live in. Enjoy them!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Areox View Post
    As a disc priest, without peels, I simply fall over to dk's. Juke the mind freeze, OK full strang. Damnit. Okay, should be able to get a heal after, need to clear these necrotics. JK PET STUN. Fuck, now I really need to get myself up these necrotics are getting too high with just shields, renew and POM. INNER FOCUS! Heh, he'll mind freeze into my imm- JK GRIPPED. Oh look, mind freeze is back up.

/endrant.

Help?

(desperate prayer is on a 2 min cd.)
    no peels..? Stop dueling dks or get your arena/bg partners to peel from you.

Quote Originally Posted by emilyo View Post
    Honestly theres not a lot you can do except find a rogue and tell him to take a dump on the dk
    That plan only really work against Frost DK's. UH DK's tend to smirk at Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Necrotic strike needs to be outright removed. If that means buffing them in other ways, then so be it. But having essentially a very powerful MS effect that STACKS with other MS effects is just dumb. DKs are already so anti-caster, reducing some of that anti-caster capability is very much needed, even if it means they need to be made more effective against physical damage dealing classes.
    A mortal strike effect reduces healing by a percentage and is not capped at any amount. It flat out reduces it. By your logic, all damage is an MS effect, because it negates the effects of healing.

OT: Yeah, that's the state of the game right now, but in any serious 3v3 situation, you should have someone peel the DK off you. Just be glad you aren't a resto druid.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

What would my purpose in arena be without NS? I can't put out enough pressure with straight damage to force cooldowns. I am usually the squishiest target and get trained. Why would you ever bring a DK to a team if he did not have NS?

Oh, and why is the most glaring and easiest way to negate a NS stack not talked about? Get your partners to peel for 8 seconds and that stack goes to ZERO. NS is only a problem if you are in lower brackets and don't understand how to deal with it.

Even thou ns is retarded, and slows casting speed by 30% and puts an x amount needs to be healed debuff on someone. In the current state of the game necrotic strike isn't op mages and rogues kill deathknights in openers. I hate to say this but in a rated enviroment deathknights are actually balance/underpowered. They are so easy to peel and kill it's retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shamental View Post
    Why do you say you wouldnt even try to shackle? I think shackle luchborn is a must, and you need to have shackle glyph for 0.4 cast. That plus fake casts will make you live longer.

^ is right.. you'd be surprised how much time that shackle will buy you. - but really.. you're probably f*cked if he knows how to play. eventually you're gonna drop without peels.

Any decent DK who uses Lichborne to be rid of the first fear will cancel it to avoid shackles. That is if the lichborne isn't needed for anything else, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthraxxxis View Post
    That plan only really work against Frost DK's. UH DK's tend to smirk at Rogues.
    Not true at all.

Deleted
    You're a disc priest, be prepared to bend over whenever a DK enters the arena.

Deleted
    neither do i lol