Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    ^This and I never will! I want to keep my privacy, somewhat private, not have some company sell it to every advertisement company they can that will answer their calls! Fuck Facebook,Twitter, and the like!
    I never understood why ppl felt the need to post their mundane daily actions,.."Taking a shit"...."Scratching my nuts." Who cares! Go do something else w/ yourself like watch your kids so they down drown in your pool(<-True Story) and more important shit like it!
    You can't blame the platform for the low quality of the people you are friends with :S

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 09:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    Real job application decline reason: We are sorry but your application couldn't been verified on www.facebook.com/user6^&%#^&*

Looks like we are outsiders. Minority. People who refuse to join the mainstream pop culture trash feed. We are individuals that value their own privacy and right to decide what to like and what to not. I'm also fed up with all those "likes". I like to decide myself about myself. Want a Diablo 3 beta? Like us on FB. New iPad, want to get new info, like us on FB. YOur groceries have a promotion, sign on FB and like it...
    That's a hiring company being stupid, not Facebook doing it.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 09:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Er..yes it does. They even admitted it!?
    Well, they don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's a global category "Nerd", but there's a whole field between ultra-stereotype nerd and new-age nerd
    Shrug, perhaps it was unnecessary. Can't say I really care either way.
    what the hell is a "new age nerd"? seriously I must know.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlydee View Post
    what the hell is a "new age nerd"? seriously I must know.
    Selfclassifications rule :P

You need to get out more

10+ Year Old Account
    So does self-glorification, apparently.

15+ Year Old Account
    I googled it and there isn't anything cool. damn. I always refer to myself as a "geek" when i'm in a labeling mood. I felt like geeks like technology and and gaming etc. nerds like math homework and pocket protectors lol.
    sorry don't want to derail this tread.

Deleted
    i read today (on a dutch website) that in the US, its even preferred to have a FB page.. without FB, u have less chance to get a job. WHAT?! NEED FB TO GET POSITIVE JOBINTERVIEW? To bad mankind are like sheep. one uses fb, all uses fb.. but not me. i refuse to make a fb acc. hence my gf asked me to make one, for when shes going for a study to the US. but i simply said that with msn and the like, i have enough social media.

and its even more pathetic thats its REQUIRED to have an account by a THIRDparty to sign up for a beta. i coulnt care less if the FB servers + everything linked with it explodes into tiny bits. /byeFB

Quote Originally Posted by eriseis View Post
    So does self-glorification, apparently.
    Oh please. Have a sense of humor.

A friend of mine takes his classes on a university in the Netherlands (he's Dutch, so am I). He has a teacher that refuses to give classes through the regular (provided by the school) means, but forces his students to become friends with him on Facebook and direct his classes from there. Yes, really, I'm shitting you not. He's giving digital classes, starts meetings, returns homework, everything, through Facebook. When I heard that, I thought it was a joke, turns it it's actually true.

Personally, I would have taken it to the supreme court if need be, but over my dead body that I'm getting classes through Facebook.
    Wow, that's quite ridiculous - surely he can't do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivena View Post
    i read today (on a dutch website) that in the US, its even preferred to have a FB page.. without FB, u have less chance to get a job. WHAT?! NEED FB TO GET POSITIVE JOBINTERVIEW? To bad mankind are like sheep. one uses fb, all uses fb.. but not me. i refuse to make a fb acc. hence my gf asked me to make one, for when shes going for a study to the US. but i simply said that with msn and the like, i have enough social media.

and its even more pathetic thats its REQUIRED to have an account by a THIRDparty to sign up for a beta. i coulnt care less if the FB servers + everything linked with it explodes into tiny bits. /byeFB
    I remember after getting my job, my boss told me they tried to find me on FB and would have based their decision on that...
    Last edited by Tyratops; 2012-03-13 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    You didn't even bother to read what he said. His point was that he doesn't mind Facebook, but he hates it that the internet is basicly forcing him to use one in order to sign up for certain stuff.

Same goes for me...I couldn't care less what others to, it's their choice to use facebook. But on almost every popular website I get the option to link my facebook to it...why should I need to join a facebook account to sign up for a beta, it does not make sense.
    your kind of being a hypocrite with your signature lol

you dont want to sign up for facebook to get things, yet you want people to have a youtube account to contact you =P

Quick. Everybody join Google+, timeline sucks anyways. : D