Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    That's very cool. I did dislike how they had a limit of 3 trials per account before. I ran out of trials for my friends in like 2 days. It's a great game, lot of fun. I encourage people to check it out.

Deleted
    Thanks, I've been wanting to try the game without wasting the money if I dont enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    That's very cool. I did dislike how they had a limit of 3 trials per account before. I ran out of trials for my friends in like 2 days. It's a great game, lot of fun. I encourage people to check it out.
    You get more invites as your original invites use them up.

We accidentally ended up with two threads on this so I merged them to keep things coherent

I remember I downloaded SWTOR a month or so back (never played it), but have recently uninstalled it (format), now I can't remember how to download it again >.<

It was a legitimate way of doing it as iirc also

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsh View Post
    I remember I downloaded SWTOR a month or so back (never played it), but have recently uninstalled it (format), now I can't remember how to download it again >.<

It was a legitimate way of doing it as iirc also
    Just go to the website www.swtor.com.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, I'm confused, what's the point of this when you have the 7-day free trial?

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    Uh, I'm confused, what's the point of this when you have the 7-day free trial?
    You need to be invited by a current subscriber to get the 7-days. This is an open trial for anyone.

I do not understand why they are doing this or the friends promotion now.

they should have waited till 1.2 was released to show people what the game should have been at release. I think that by introducing people to the game now in its current form is a big mistake.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post

they should have waited till 1.2 was released to show people what the game should have been at release. I think that by introducing people to the game now in its current form is a big mistake.
    Exactly what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I could be wrong but I don't remember wow doing free trials until sometime after BC.
    I don't remember if they needed "invite code" from another player already in game, but there was free 10-day trial in Classic WoW. I started my first character with it and it was before very hyped and very memorable BC launch. Actually I can even see this trial in my account history right now.

Did cocaine dealers wait till everyone was hooked to give out free samples? No, they knew how awesome it was so they let everyone get a taste because the dealers knew they'd be back for more, and more and more and more...lol. Anyway, I hope that made sense.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 08:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking
    You do have a point, but what the game is missing is miniscule to the shear greatness of its questing format and story lines. I kinda scoffed at their unfinished game when I played on the first day, but I'm still playing for some reason.

wrong qoute, sorry boys and girls it's early and I just woke up. I promise I will go have some coffee before any further posting takes place.
    Last edited by pwntzar; 2012-03-14 at 12:01 PM. Reason: I'm stupid..lol

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    I don't remember if they needed "invite code" from another player already in game, but there was free 10-day trial in Classic WoW. I started my first character with it and it was before very hyped and very memorable BC launch. Actually I can even see this trial in my account history right now.
    Ah that makes sense, I vaguely remember it was sometime around then but I figure they would have done it after not before.

As for why Bioware is doing this before 1.2.... well there is a lot of excitement and hype surrounding 1.2 right now and doing this now gives them the chance to draw new people into that. Plus a lot of the issues they seem to be fixing in 1.2 are things that only really become apparent the further you play into the game and all the legacy stuff won't be active for new people anyways. Considering the trial is only for a weekend there is only so far a person can get into the game in that amount of time. Not to mention I think they are betting that people will make more than one toon which would limit how far a person would get even more.

10+ Year Old Account

Why? The game is fine while leveling, it's not that these trial accounts are going to be hitting 50, and the leveling content is awesome.

It's very simple imo. It's the "subscription" game, same thing that WoW does. March is the last month of quarter, they're trying to squeeze in a few more subscribers before they have to report it. Dunno why they didn't rush 1.2 for March, guess they just couldn't. We know they were trying to, when they previously said 1.2 would be a March patch.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Hopefully they didn't rush 1.2 because they want it to be awesome and not a rushed pile of slop.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Hopefully they didn't rush 1.2 because they want it to be awesome and not a rushed pile of slop.
    Probably. They were counting on 1.2 to be the Q1 boost patch (and no I'm not bashing TOR, this is just smart business), and since they couldn't get 1.2 out in time, these free trials are the substitute.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Probably. They were counting on 1.2 to be the Q1 boost patch (and no I'm not bashing TOR, this is just smart business), and since they couldn't get 1.2 out in time, these free trials are the substitute.
    Pushing hard before the end of quarter probably plays a big part of it but don't forget what happened with WAR. Warhammer Online had been on the shelves for around five months before Mythic added the first trial, if I recall correctly. The downward spiral was well established by that point and hopefully EA learned from that. You have to hit as soon as your numbers start to stall in an effort to keep it from setting in.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    I dont understand the time setting, always the american kind of style and I never find decent converters on google.
    So, trial start at 12:01 AM CT, how many hours from now is that?=)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I dont understand the time setting, always the american kind of style and I never find decent converters on google.
    So, trial start at 12:01 AM CT, how many hours from now is that?=)
    We can't tell you because we don't know what time zone you are in. I can simply say 12:01AM is 1 minute pass midnight central time.