Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    One cable for HDD, SSD and DVD should be enough, assuming it will reach. One for a fan controller as well? I guess if you end up needing more than 3 that's not the best choice then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    One cable for HDD, SSD and DVD should be enough, assuming it will reach. One for a fan controller as well? I guess if you end up needing more than 3 that's not the best choice then.
    Yeah I'm not sure if it can reach, it says it only has 15cm between the connectors, and I think there's more space between it than that.
    I don't need a fan controller, neither does the case have one, just need 4 connectors for all the fans.

Now to find another psu with more cables :P

Deleted
    Wasn't sure if you ended up picking the Fractal case (which comes with a fan controller) or not. Not sure how many fan connectors are on the motherboard but you should be able to add some of them there? I figured since you're "worried" about noise you would want a way of controlling those fans

I still think you should be fine with the Silverstone but maybe look at the OCZ MXSP 500/600 then? Or the Seasonic M12II 520/620.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2012-03-19 at 03:55 PM.

Deleted
    No, as stubborn as I am, I'm still going with the Cooler Master HAF case

If I can put some of the fans on the motherboard then the problem would be solved and I could still use the Silverstone!

I plan on getting the MSI Z77A GD55, which ( on the official website of MSI ) mentions that it has 4 fan connectors?
    http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z77A-G...l#/?div=Detail
    Internal I/O Connectors

- ATX 24-Pin power connector
    - 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
    - CPU x 1 / System x 4 FAN connectors
    Or are those the CPU fan connectors? :P

Deleted
    They are indeed.

Deleted
    Hmm....it doesn't state any options for fans then..

I was looking at the Seasonic X-560 560W, and it looked amazing, has a lot of connectors, 90% efficiency, and quiet fan.

Then I looked at the price and went d'awwww

EDIT:
    I found a nice PSU. It's the Nexus RX-5300, which is on the overclocker's list posted before, it's semi-modular, with only the motherboard and pci cables not being modular ( which doesnt matter since you need them anyway ), it's quiet, and it's not too expensive.

It has 6 available power connectors, so I should be fine there!
    Last edited by mmoc2be3b3a67c; 2012-03-19 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    I just got some corsair stuff from work, a Corsair HX650, Corsair H100, and 8GB Corsair Vengeance memory.

Now the only parts I need are my case, motherboard and cpu

Just have to wait a bit longer for Ivy bridge...HHHHNNNNGGGGG