Attempting HC Ultraxion 10

hello there, as you may have guessed from the title, my guild plans on attempting Ultraxion heroic on 10man.

Basically we have our group pretty set up, but we are just trying to figure out a rotation for soaking (our dps/healing SHOULD be fine)

Our group looks like this.

Bear Tank
    Pally Tank

Warlock dps
    Warlock dps
    Unholy DK
    Hunter
    Rogue
    Mage

Priest (disc/holy)
    Resto Druid

Our general idea is that we are going to use the 4 non warlock dps and the tanks to soak, we havent decided on orders yet, but im looking for the input of the general community on mmo-champion to give us some ideas on a soak rotation, all of which would be much appreciated.

We havent yet tried the fight, we're just looking for ideas of how to make it easier for us easing into it.

Thank you in advance for any input you can give.

Sounds like you have it worked out beyond rotation. The only real suggestion I have is to have your hunter and rogue together soaking. Have the rogue use evasion along with cloak/feint so that with the hunter's detterence, there's no risk of either of them getting gibbed by a melee hit before your tanks fade back into the twilight realm.

Your rotation will probably look something like this:
    1, 4, 7 - Pally tank, DK
    2, 5 - Bear, Mage
    3, 6 - Hunter, Rogue

I'd recommend having everyone spend a few minutes before the fight planning their cd's and rotations for fading light and HoT. Both have a 2-3 second window when you should still be able to squeeze out some dps before hitting Heroic Will, and that little extra damage could easily be the difference between a kill and a wipe. Also, dps cd's should be used efficiently.

Deleted
    I'd recommend putting people with immunities for 1,4,7 because it's not impossible to go in not topped up if you hit 5:15 at all. And any damage avoided at that point is really nice for healers.

General tips for heroic ultrax:

1. Let the bear tank first phase, 1st potion + berzerk is a lot of tank DPS at the start of the fight. Your bear won't be able to do this as well in later phases due to fading light.

2. Try and rotate your cooldowns so that frenzied regen (with 4P) is available near the end of the fight. You can pull a ton of healing on this fight as a bear with proper planning.

3. Tanks need to be on top of taunting for each other during fading light to keep any other raid members from getting aggro.

4. Blow all of your tank cooldowns right off the start. Thrall gives you the buff and they all are refreshed like 10 seconds into the fight. This couples nicely with the next point.

5. Stagger bloodlust for DPS and healers. Immediately on starting the fight, you want all your healers to click the button. While they are in the other realm, your DPS group will bloodlust. This gives your DPS a potion/trinket/etc. lust at the start, but saves lust for healers until the end (when you actually need it).

6. Stack on the platform in a way that Gurthlak (if your DK has it) procs can hit ultrax, but your healers have the shortest distance to run for buffs.

7. If your healers have Maw of the Dragonlord, I recommend placing them on either side of the raid stack facing each other. Maw Procs will cover all raid members this way.

8. Hour of Twilight casts much faster, don't fail the retard check. Fading light will often start with very little time left. Don't miss it.

It's worth noting, that for your mage to soak 2, he'll need to be frost or fire.

Arcane can only soak one with Ice Block (5 min CD), whereas Fire can soak every other one using Cauterize (1 min cd versus 45 second frequency of Hour of Twilight).

I soak the 6th one in my 10 man group as an Arc mage (forced to use arc instead of fire to gain 3% flat damage - bring the spec, not the player, yadda yadda). :P
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

10+ Year Old Account
    u dont even say the classes spec cuz if one of the locks is Destro he can easily get HoT and stay arround 30k remaining health and use a healthstone to help healers to top himself and u will save more solid soakers for the end of the fight cuz u will need them for sure.

If is that the case ( 1 Lock beeing destro) just pop Nether ward 5 sec before de HoT so u will be hit by AoE Ultraxion spell and that will proc ur Nether protection 30% magic defense for the HoT and u can easily resist it.
    good luck!

Sorry, my apologies, i forgot to post specs.

Yes, i'm the DK, i do have Gurth, however where we stand doesnt seem close enough currently for the proc (something i found out on our better attempt)

The Mage was Fire, and was soaking.

We seemed to cope fine with the dps, although i feel the healers seemed to struggle a little later on, the druid took the red buff i think with the priest taking both the green and then the blue buff when available.

We had a few attempts where the tanks had a lapse of concentration, and because of this some of the group got melee'd

Instead of going with the soak rotation that Kurzior posted, we went with Rogue/Mage first, DK/Pally 2nd, and Druid/Hunter third, this seemed to go fairly well when we were concentrating.

For us, i feel as we only had about 5/6 attempts tonight before the lockout, i think it'll be doable, with our current setup, we just need to work on having more concentration.

Thanks all for the input/suggestions, and the tips provided.

1. Let the bear tank first phase, 1st potion + berzerk is a lot of tank DPS at the start of the fight. Your bear won't be able to do this as well in later phases due to fading light.
    Er... the bear should be in cat after the buff goes out until fading lights start, and the pally should be tanking that bit. It's still comparable dps (AT LEAST, it should be better than just straight bear), and it ups the pally tank's dps because every tank wants to be hit.

2. Try and rotate your cooldowns so that frenzied regen (with 4P) is available near the end of the fight. You can pull a ton of healing on this fight as a bear with proper planning.
    I seriously hope this is not suggesting unglyphing it. Glyphed>>Unglyphed for this encounter, if for no other reason than rage starvation. Healers are also mega-buffed, so Glyphed>Unglyphed for healing as well.
    If you mean glyphed, then this is solid advice, having the 4pc running during that last minute is HUGE.