• Become leader of the world - Cause I think i can handle it

7 3.23%
  • Defect - Screw it, we're gonna lose, might as well switch to the other side

20 9.22%
  • Medic - Use your healing skills to get us to victory

12 5.53%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

If the aliens/demons attacked, what role would you really play?

Lets pretend that we discover a huge portal somewhere on earth and it starts a war with the aliens/demons/etc that live
    on the other side. What role would you really play?
    Im curious to see if people are honest with themselves and their abilities.

Assume the following:

1) War is inevitable, they are coming to exterminate us now.
    2) Their technology / war constructs are as powerful as ours, so we stand a chance.
    3) It is important to choose a role you can fill, if we all chose ruler of the world then we're boned.
    4) You are in a position to chose any of the roles. (yes i know, for argument sake, go with it)
    5) Assume that each side has some nuke or equivalent suppressors, but its not 100%.

p.s. Not sure I can edit the choices, would have liked a loner/guerilla war, martyr/bomber option.
    advisor would probably land under tactics.
    Last edited by thedb; 2012-03-13 at 06:32 PM.

Deleted
    Meat shield or human Sacrifice

Deleted
    I think I would just live my every day life, and when our side is starting to lose, I would take my family and leave to some remote area in the woods, to recover and plan payback in the form of guerilla warfare.

Deleted
    Inevitably enslaved peon.

Definitely a shooter. I always thought I'd be real good with a gun. I'd be blowing away some alien ass!

Deleted
    I'd be like those goblin sappers with a tad of TM2 scout.

hit and run and occasionally blow shit up.

I'm small, bulky yet fast irl

Or strategist-tactician-ambusher
    Last edited by mmoc058e0f1fe5; 2012-03-13 at 05:59 PM.

Be an inter-galactic hero and savior of the world fighter pilot 12 black belt last ninja trained extraordinaire, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? I would probably try to stay as hidden as possible. Hide away in a hole in the Stockholm Subway system, possibly taking care of kids or something. I'm too scared of weapons AND aliens to be any good in a fight.

I have some minor healthcare experience, so maybe some type of junior nurse?
    When someone asks, “What is best in life?” there’s only one answer: “To crush the newbs, see them driven before me, and read their lamentations on the forums” - Lylirra

Probably the role of a goblin sapper, or atleast kind of. I'd fight my hardest on the frontlines and when things get desperate I'd blow up myself and a bunch of the alien/demon scum! And probably people of my own team aswell, but hey they would have been dead anyways... xD

Logistics and Tactics - resources need to be moved to where its needed. Without support troops can only hold the line for so long.

Poll is up!!

Artillery expert.

2 pistols, variety of explosives, and a long range rifle slung to my back.

Standard boot knife, and of course, eyepatch for no reason (just for walking around, not during a fight.)

Since poll is up: Soldier.

Deleted
    I only see two options for me. One would be to make a run for it and hide until the war is decided, second would be to claim a position somewhere close to the top, hopefully safe from the war. Just as long as I don't have to risk my own life I'll be happy. There are plenty of people ready to do that in order to be called a hero and I'd just rather be alive.

I'd be the guy that just asked chuck norris to solve it for us...

Long-distance supporter, artillery and sharpshooting, always had a steady aim.

Participate in the service of defending my own country like I was thought in military in SIGINT division. AKA the nerdy IT kind of duty.

Soldier / Scout Sniper. Sneak into enemy territory to send reports back to HQ, stealthily take out objectives, and secure biological and technological samples if possible.

Deleted
    I want an option for guerilla warfare when they gain the upper hand. I'm both mentally and physically well, so I guess I would have a leading position within my small band of survivors, but I can not really handle responsibility, so maybe an advisory position would suit me better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be a part of a small assassin-type squad of maximum 5 members. Working on infiltrating their system or stopping the source from the inside. Basically just a stealth team with superb tactics and quick acting + reaction of situations.
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

defect. I'd rather be on the winning side