Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Angry EUROPE Price - GW2

so.. what the hell is wrong with the price in Europe? why do we have to pay 10€ more for the same game?
    i seriously hope its a typo or something =\

Digital Edition: currently $59.99 - €55, should be ~€45.
    Digital Deluxe: currently $79.99 - €75, should be ~€61.

WTF! Europe is basically paying ~$72 for normal and ~$98 for the same DIGITAL content! Its DIGITAL!! no shipping, no boxes etc
    I can understand, to a certain extent, the collector's edition price.. but $106 EXTRA just for shipping is a little too high (unless its super f*cking express 12hour delivery lol)

What do you think about this nonsense? im kinda pissed ffs
    Last edited by guser; 2012-03-13 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the source for these prices... I can't find it in Mif's post or anywhere else.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Taxes and bullshit. Go ask an aussie how he feels about his prices.

Do you really think Arena Net or NCSoft just descided theyd make the game more expensive for European players just for the hell of it? Its a problem with the politics, not the developers or publishers.

gw2guru
    heres a link comparing prices https://bitly.com/bundles/karasuni/8

The prices are a bit steep tbh but I guess its ok cuz there isnt a monthly sub

Deleted
    Ever used Steam? It's the same bullshit; thank god for VPNs.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafter View Post
    The prices are a bit steep tbh but I guess its ok cuz there isnt a monthly sub
    The same (or almost exactly the same) pricing structure applies to most other major games released.

It's pretty lame that it happens. I'd love to know the "official" reasoning behind it though, just out of curiosity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pfft. New standard xbox games cost $109.99 here and around $90 for a standard pc game. If the US price for the Guild Wars 2 CE is $149 in the US I can't fathom how high it will be here.
    Last edited by Terranullis; 2012-03-13 at 11:06 PM.

Deleted
    fine for me

there is no sub in guildwars2 - you dont have to pay more than 55 Euro to play this game FOREVER - lol its just like 4 month wow sub
    all this CE extra stuff is luxus - its too expensive for you? dont buy it. simple

dont understand why ppl want CE - its not the game its just a Colector thing

buy normal version and some characterslots in the shop and play the GAME

Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    fine for me

there is no sub in guildwars2 - you dont have to pay more than 55 Euro to play this game FOREVER - lol its just like 4 month wow sub
    all this CE extra stuff is luxus - its too expensive for you? dont buy it. simple

dont understand why ppl want CE - its not the game its just a Colector thing

buy normal version and some characterslots in the shop and play the GAME
    For a lot of people the problem isn't so much the price, it's that it's so much more expensive then others have to pay for no logical reason. The digital editions are both 30% more expensive in the UK compared to the US, and the Collectors Edition is 37% more expensive. While I can understand the CE being a little more expensive, that's far too much. As for the digital versions, they shouldn't be different at all.

What happened to 30-40 dollar games?

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Taxes and bullshit. Go ask an aussie how he feels about his prices.

Do you really think Arena Net or NCSoft just descided theyd make the game more expensive for European players just for the hell of it? Its a problem with the politics, not the developers or publishers.
    This again.

Also who cares, you don't play subscription fee. I don't get what the qq is about.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Deleted
    As I mentioned in the other thread, Game.co.uk are still advertising pre-orders for £34.99.

I had this same problem when ordering SWTOR. It was £44.99 through Origin (with a £5 pre-order fee) but only £34.99 through Game. I ordered with Game, received my copy in time for the early access and had the full benefit of early access and the pre-order bonuses.

I think I'm just going to do the same and hope I get the full deal. But to be honest I'm not so bothered about 3 days early access on this one.

Couple of reasons:

1. In the US, there's no VAT (only sales tax, which many states don't have too). UK and most of EU have around 20% of VAT so the price must be at least 20% higher.

2. Shipment cost, advertisement cost, server maintenance cost (for digital edition) are higher in the UK than in the US so the price of game goes even higher. For digital edition, one might argue that there's no shipment cost. However, publishers cannot sell games with lower price because it would put them at odd with the local retailers. Basically if they price the game lower, most people will stop buying the game from stores and that does not good for a retail-publisher's relationship. Also, it's not a good business model too to make different prices for the same products, regardless they are digitally or physically bought.

3. It's not only happen to game industry though. The same product that are made locally are sold at higher price in the EU/UK than in the US. The example would be the price of McDonald. If a hamburger cost 2$ then it would cost around 3-4$ in the EU/UK.

Oh and this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_index
    Last edited by Veldril; 2012-03-13 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    What happened to 30-40 dollar games?
    You mean like back in 1999?

To paraphrase the mighty Prince: Thousand, zero zero. Party's over. Oops, out of time.

55 € for standard edition was exactly what I expected. SWTOR cost that much too.

Deleted
    Europe has lots of taxes, and i'm not taking your nation's taxes in account.

You could always fly to the US when ever you want a game, but that wouldn't be cheaper at all. As many have said, game companies do not profit off you more because your in Europe, they might even loose money as compared to selling the game in the USA in some cases. Not to get into any sort of political debate but the problem lies in the countries laws. If it makes you feel any better, there are many things I love (and I'm sure you do too) about Europe that don't exist / differ in the USA. Be happy with where you live and enjoy the perks that come with it. If a video games cost is that big of a deal to you, move to the USA to get it for a few dollars cheaper, but IMO that seems ridiculous to me.

What pisses me off more is working in the postal service I know EXACTLY how much it would be to send this shit from USA to Europe. Assuming they sent EACH one directly (hint, they won't) it wouldn't be more than about $30 even with cover for the value of it.

But they won't send each one individually, they'll send a huge batch to a european distributer. It'll probably end up working out to $5 per box sent out.

Fuck $100 for delivery. I'll get it from a retailer somewhere if they get announced, or I won't buy CE.

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    I don't get what the qq is about.
    Someone is being told to pay more money than someone else for a virtual product and you don't know why they are annoyed?
    I can see that there are good reasons that one is more expensive but if people are unable to understand that other people like getting things for the same price that they do... well, frankly I don't get it.