Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Udderpowered View Post
    In my entire old school year of about 200 people, I can remember 2 of them being blonde. 80% is quite amazing. :O
    Don't think 80% of the swedish population is blond, more like 50%, quite common with brown, darkblond etc as well, Finland probably got higher % though, some finish people got almost white hair :P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

We also have the best named island in the world

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    He is finish man, no doubt! :P
    We share them, and they're called Sami.

Red headwear? Check.
    Known for keeping reindeer? Check.
    Generally jolly disposition? Check.

Meh, w/e, Santa is norwegian! ;P

@ Cattaclysmic: You have the best island, but we have a town named Hell. Call it a draw for awesome names? :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Do Fins dislike the other countries up there? I asked this Finnish guy at a bar if he'd ever gone to Sweden and he almost punched me.
    Finland and Sweden have a... strained relationship

Fenno-swedes arent very well liked by the rest of the fins

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 12:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    We share them, and they're called Sami.

Red headwear? Check.
    Known for keeping reindeer? Check.
    Generally jolly disposition? Check.

Meh, w/e, Santa is norwegian! ;P

@ Cattaclysmic: You have the best island, but we have a town named Hell. Call it a draw for awesome names? :P
    We have a city named Hell aswell - also a klit is the danish word for clit but also sand dunes which leads to interesting beach names...

i laughed so hard at this
    its says

Karen's Klit
    Always an adventure

xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    Åland is a small country in the Baltic sea. It is only 13 500 Square KM large and has about 27 000 citizens. An i am pretty sure few people know of its existence.
    Actually it's more of an autonomous region within Finland. It was inhabited by swedes but occupied by the Russian Empire and when Finland got independent they got it after some deliberations with all the other countries. Sweden wanted it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Do Fins dislike the other countries up there? I asked this Finnish guy at a bar if he'd ever gone to Sweden and he almost punched me.

haha, Sweden and Finland got a lot of shared history, Finland used to be part of Sweden for many many years, then Russia invaded and captured it, the fins became truely independent in the early 1900s(I think). The fins think we let them down on a few occasions, the invasion of Russia was one such moment, same goes for WW2 when soviet union attacked them, there were quite a few swedes that voluntered to go and fight the soviets though and a lot of finish children came to Sweden to keep them out of harms way so it's not all black&white.

It's not hate though, swedes and fins don't dislike eachother by default

Old tired stereotype of the fins is that they are knife wielding alcholics :P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you ever get the urge to pillage the lesser countries of Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Actually it's more of an autonomous region within Finland. It was inhabited by swedes but occupied by the Russian Empire and when Finland got independent they got it after some deliberations with all the other countries. Sweden wanted it too.
    this illustrates perfectly
    http://satwcomic.com/don-t-mess-with-aland

http://satwcomic.com/make-a-good-impression

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    While we are at it:
    Greenland and Faroe Islands are in a similar situation but with Denmark.

But all these 3 countries have their representative on the Nordic Council, yes we got a Nordic Council <3 Go Kalmar!
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

What about Estonia...Isnt that a nordic country?: / Its up north too =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you Fus Ro Dah goats off cliffs?

Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    no

http://satwcomic.com/party-crasher

Estonia isnt invited to the party

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    Do you ever get the urge to pillage the lesser countries of Europe?
    We do that every summer mate, see all those nordic kid going down to south europe, leaving the homeland for the first time on their own behaving like drunk retards, it's not pretty! :P

15+ Year Old Account
    They are trying to get into the Nordic Council.

For FUN!
    http://satwcomic.com/new-nordic
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    We do that every summer mate, see all those nordic kid going down to south europe, leaving the homeland for the first time on their own behaving like drunk retards, it's not pretty! :P
    hey we may be drunk but we arent retards... Atleast danes know how to handle the liquor!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's desperately trying to but we don't really wanna let them join our "community" :P
    See:

Deleted
    Åland is where we Finns order our PC-games tax free for 32-36€ instead of 40-50€.

Loopholes ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    They are trying to get into the Nordic Council.

For FUN!
    Please free us from England so we can join :'|

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    no

Estonia isnt invited to the party
    Have the agree with that comic, the nordic men I've seen have been overwhelming hot.

Is speaking english well completely normal in the region? Everyone online is so good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Udderpowered View Post
    Have the agree with that comic, the nordic men I've seen have been overwhelming hot.

Is speaking english well completely normal in the region? Everyone online is so good at it.
    Thats because we are online - young people speak it fairly well though, old people not so much.

danish secretary of FOREIGN affairs...

*facepalm*
    luckily he has gotten some english lessons