Page 91 of 126 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    lol, nice one.. but to be fair danes and swedes dont really like each other and i can't figure out why.. maybe it's something to do with how many times those damn swedes have beat us in war! or the other way around..
    Nah its just playful taunting... Nordics view one another as pretty much brothers and sisters linked by common ancestry... There is no real hate...
    All thats been said in this thread is just plain nationbashing had it been about 'murrica - we have a bit thicker skin and just return fire

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 11:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I think the danes beat us more times than we beat them if we're counting absolute war victories (rather than individual battles).
    Pretty much everyone wanted Sweden dethroned at one point.

Me and Catta together would be an affront to the nation's legacy.
    The Jedi order would be against it

I like this danish duder, helped us win the game 0-3. :P
    Thats the only time I really don't like denmark, when we play football against eachother.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    I like this danish duder, helped us win the game 0-3. :P
    Thats the only time I really don't like denmark, when we play football against eachother.
    [video=youtube;l0o6G8V6eRc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0o6G8V6eRc[video]
    Because you lose?
    The guy lived in Sweden so it must be your influence...

One of us... One of us...
    There was talk of him being fined millions of kroner and most of Denmark was like... eh, dont go to hard on the lad... He's had his punishment...

Other countries would be sueing the shit out of him - or lynching him! Damm hooligans - Roligan is the way!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roligan

(I don't even know who we're talking about Youtube no workey for me)
    still the green flickering?

Anyway - just some danish guy who lived in sweden who punched the referee in a DK vs SWE football game

Deleted
    Damm hooligans - Roligan is the way!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roligan
    I was equally amused by the 'See Also' section at the bottom of them.

Tartan Army, the supporters of the Scotland national team who are equally renowned for their peaceful nature.
    That was not something I was expecting. Scotland, football and peaceful are not things I generally see in the same sentence without a negative somewhere in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Because you lose?
    The guy lived in Sweden so it must be your influence...
    Only when you guys cheat.
    Good man that, did his job, that was one of the best games of football I've ever seen I think. Denmark-Sweden in the Euros 2006(I think) was great to, ended 2-2, and the italians who went out in the group stage because of that result blamed Sweden and Denmark for having "fixed" the results prior to the game, like Sweden and Denmark would ever play for a draw, shows how little they know :P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Heidi is a Swedish name. It doesn't sound very Swedish. German, possibly? I really don't know.
    Here's the top 20 most common names by gender. The number within the parenthesis is how many have that name.

Female names ♀

1 Maria (444599)
    2 Anna (302591)
    3 Margareta (248121)
    4 Elisabeth (202428)
    5 Eva (191582)
    6 Birgitta (174090)
    7 Kristina (172777)
    8 Karin (161690)
    9 Elisabet (147347)
    10 Marie (125172)
    11 Ingrid (120026)
    12 Christina (104093)
    13 Linnéa (94185)
    14 Marianne (90923)
    15 Kerstin (90192)
    16 Sofia (88931)
    17 Lena (82990)
    18 Helena (82618)
    19 Inger (75537)
    20 Johanna (71405)

Male names ♂

1 Erik (301629)
    2 Lars (234598)
    3 Karl (208694)
    4 Anders (191889)
    5 Johan (173062)
    6 Per (167921)
    7 Nils (138106)
    8 Jan (129609)
    9 Lennart (128611)
    10 Mikael (127234)
    11 Carl (126981)
    12 Hans (122034)
    13 Olof (117505)
    14 Gunnar (115321)
    15 Peter (112459)
    16 Sven (112232)
    17 Bengt (98648)
    18 Fredrik (95282)
    19 Bo (89882)
    20 Åke (87692)
    I think Ingrid when I think of a Swedish name. I also think Marit, but that's because I know a Norwegian Marit.

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Maria is a Swedish Name? Hrm. I thought for sure it was Spanish/Latin.

I also thought Ingrid and Helena were very Germanic, and Lena was Polish.

How would you pronounce the 20th Male name? Ake? Aye-ke?
    Maria is an everywhere that had Latin influence ever name. It's in Estonia, and Scandinavia, and Germany, and England, and US, and Latin America, and Italy, and Spain, and just about anywhere else that's ever been christian.

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    That's how my report cards used to be in Elementary school =P When you get older they just throw number grades on things here, 1-100 with 65 being the barrier for failing. It's kind of sad when you only need to know 65% of the information to pass -.-
    My schools were 60%.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    You ever catch yourself wondering if you're allowed to think certain girls are cute? lol

"Look at that hottie at Starbucks"

"Dude, she has braces. She's probably 16."

"...fuck."
    My whole life I've always been attracted to women a little older than me, so I look at the 16 year old Starbucks girl and think she looks like a teenager and simply am not attracted to her. I guess it's lucky, as I'll never have to worry about "oops, she said she was 18!"

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mludd View Post
    I believe Fx is for when you're failing but you can still fix it by say, handing in some paper you never handed in or taking a final you missed.
    So that's an Incomplete in the US.

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 01:31 PM ----------

Meh, that's not so bad. As long as it's legal, though the age difference may make it creepy.

16-19 for me, I turned 19 not too long ago.
    16 isn't legal in many American states. I don't know what it is in Texas (haven't had a reason to), but in California the age of consent is 18, and I still think that at 18, girls don't tend to have the emotional maturity to deal with stuff, but they have to start sometime, I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well don't turn this on me! It's not me being young, it's you being old. See, this goes both ways.
    Now we're both self-conscious.
    Nah, you see the advantage of being old is it's much much harder to make us self-conscious.

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 01:34 PM ----------

Truth, but age difference doesn't really matter much in the long run. My father and my mother are 10 years apart, and according to a thread here in GenOT there are couples of greater age difference. As long as it's legal, you know.
    I've dated women 19 years, 16 years, and 14 years older than me (of those more than 10 years difference). We all knew it couldn't last because it wouldn't be fair to anyone. When they'd be retiring, I'd still have 19 years of work ahead of me. While they're exploring the world in retirement, I'd be sitting in an office. When I retired, they'd be geriatric and need my care the whole time when I should be off exploring the world in my retirement. When I was geriatric and needed help, they'd be dead. Totally not fair to anyone involved.

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 01:40 PM ----------

I don't think anyone named Ingrid is beneath the age 70.
    That's too bad. I really like the name Ingrid.

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 01:43 PM ----------

Age of consent is 15 here, so don't have that issue. Though I had a Natural Sciences teacher who was sleeping with students (Around 15 I believe we were back then) and got arrested for violating the whole Teacher-Student trust thing and emotional abuse and what-not.
    15?!?!! That's sooooo young! That's barely even a teenager! I kind of support the way it is in California, where the age of consent is 18, but you're good + or - 2 years. So if you're a 19 year old, you can sleep with a 17 year old. I just think that expecting people to have the emotional maturity and knowledge/experience to deal with predatory people before they're even of an age to be living on their own is a bit scary.

Age does stop mattering as much once you are in your 20's (in America). However, while the difference between a 21 year old and a 29 year old is no where near as large as between a 21 year old and a 13 year old, big age gaps (20 years or so) do still matter.

Well you are done with the puberty around 15 are you not? Not an expert but I think so anyways. So you are physically ready for it, I think thats the way they are reasoning about the age of consent here.

My gf was extremly early with her sexual debut, 13 going on 14, she has said she regrets it though. I lost my virginity the summer after 9th grade, when you are 15-16. Most of my friends did, but I think the average age is 17 in Sweden, used to be at least, with todays youth I wouldn't be suprised if it's lower... Swedish teens are fucking scary, makes me fear for the future of the country. :P
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-05-16 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust45 View Post
    Age does stop mattering as much once you are in your 20's (in America). However, while the difference between a 21 year old and a 29 year old is no where near as large as between a 21 year old and a 13 year old, big age gaps (20 years or so) do still matter.
    21 and 29 is still pretty huge, but it's bridgeable. 20 and 29 I don't think is bridgeable reasonably. Personally, I don't think you get to the point where 10 years older is really just fine until you're 25 and have been in the working world for a little bit. There's way too huge a difference between a college age person and someone who's been working 10 years.

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 01:57 PM ----------

Well you are done with the puberty around 15 are you not? Not an expert but I think so anyways. So you are physically ready for it, I think thats the way they are reasoning about the age of consent here.

My gf was extremly early with her sexual debut, 13 going on 14, she has said she regrets it though. I lost my virginity the summer after 9th grade, when you are 15-16. Most of my friends did, but I think the average age is 17 in Sweden, used to be at least, with todays youth I wouldn't be suprised if it's lower... Swedish teens are fucking scary, makes me fear for the future of the country. :P
    I think I finished puberty around the age of 23, or at least that's when I stopped growing my adult body. Having pubes isn't the same as being an adult. I think I lost my virginity at the age of 20, which was about the same time as all the rest of my friends. It's not like we were goody goodies or like we had trouble picking up women. It just didn't happen for us until around that age.

Only when you guys cheat.
    Good man that, did his job, that was one of the best games of football I've ever seen I think. Denmark-Sweden in the Euros 2006(I think) was great to, ended 2-2, and the italians who went out in the group stage because of that result blamed Sweden and Denmark for having "fixed" the results prior to the game, like Sweden and Denmark would ever play for a draw, shows how little they know :P
    well we often vote for one another in the MGP - like those eastern european countries also do

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    15?!?!! That's sooooo young! That's barely even a teenager! I kind of support the way it is in California, where the age of consent is 18, but you're good + or - 2 years. So if you're a 19 year old, you can sleep with a 17 year old. I just think that expecting people to have the emotional maturity and knowledge/experience to deal with predatory people before they're even of an age to be living on their own is a bit scary.
    we... like... freedom...

I think I finished puberty around the age of 23, or at least that's when I stopped growing my adult body. Having pubes isn't the same as being an adult. I think I lost my virginity at the age of 20, which was about the same time as all the rest of my friends. It's not like we were goody goodies or like we had trouble picking up women. It just didn't happen for us until around that age.
    We still continue to grow, but once you are a few years into puberty you are kind of ready I think, at least thats how they reason, by then boys have started to produce sperm/ girls have had their menstruation etc... you have started to produce testosterone/estrogen etc. All those are signs of sexual maturity.

Parents still have a responsibility to keep their children safe of course, I don't too many parents would think it would be cool if a 25 year old started to "date" their 15 year old, I don't think many 25 year olds even look at 15 year olds that way, those who do kind of need to sort themselves out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    well we often vote for one another in the MGP - like those eastern european countries also do
    Doesn't count, thats a lame contest. :P
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-05-16 at 02:42 PM.

loss of virginity by country

Those Icelandics have nothing better to do so go figure

10+ Year Old Account
    We still continue to grow, but once you are a few years into puberty you are kind of ready I think, at least thats how they reason, by then boys have started to produce sperm/ girls have had their menstruation etc... you have started to produce testosterone/estrogen etc. All those are signs of sexual maturity.

Parents still have a responsibility to keep their children safe of course, I don't too many parents would think it would be cool if a 25 year old started to "date" their 15 year old, I don't think many 25 year olds even look at 15 year olds that way, those who do kind of need to sort themselves out.

Doesn't count, thats a lame contest. :P
    I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't think physical sexual maturity means you're "ready."

Is 6" average there, or would Americans be unable to satisfy Nordic women?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Is 6" average there, or would Americans be unable to satisfy Nordic women?
    It's average all over the world, the stereotypes are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    It's average all over the world, the stereotypes are wrong.
    Nah, there are different average lengths in different places. Let me see if I can dig up the graphs.

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 03:54 PM ----------

According to:

http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx?reportId=3073

The average Swedish penis is a little under 2 cm longer than the average American penis and a little over 1 cm longer than the average British penis. I blame our Southeast Asian populations.

I have a number of Colombian relatives that are happy to verify the accuracy of that map.