Afghanistan’s Karzai thanks Obama for ‘your taxpayers’ money’

Look how those politicians to misspend the taxpayers' money. Is that a sacarsm?

Afghanistan’s Karzai thanks Obama for ‘your taxpayers’ money’

By Olivier Knox
    5/20/2012

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/a...182925141.html

It would be nice to stop spending our money on these countries and put it into our own for a change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    It would be nice to stop spending our money on these countries and put it into our own for a change.
    + having a government whos actions resulted directly and indirectly to the death of 400 000.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2012-05-22 at 10:56 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Damn well should thank them, he got a free ride to power

Wait are you upset that he thanks the taxpayers? I most be missing something.

Thats a qoute from the article you linked, what is there to be upset about?
    "I'm bringing to you and to the people of the United States the gratitude of the Afghan people for the support that your taxpayers' money has provided Afghanistan over the past decade and for the difference that it has made to the well-being of the Afghan people," Karzai told Obama.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Wait are you upset that he thanks the taxpayers? I most be missing something.

Thats a qoute from the article you linked, what is there to be upset about?
    He's upset because the AMERICAN TAX MONEY shouldn't be going to help Afganistan and when the US is sucking d's themselves with debt...wtf what about the OP's post does NOT make sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Holyspartann View Post
    wtf what about the OP's post does NOT make sense...
    Everything. With war comes responsiblities that cost money.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

...So? What do you think wars run on, fresh air and coco pops?
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Deleted
    Most rich countries have been shelling out billions to poor countries for decades now, how is this ANY different?...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Everything. With war comes responsiblities that cost money.
    Last time I checked, Japan and Germany weren't giving money to the places they occupied during WW2, I'm pretty sure the North wasn't handing out gold to the south, and the allied powers weren't giving freebies to the central powers...

You obviously don't understand that we aren't just fighting for them (which I'm fine with because the Taliban blew our shit up and need to ALL die), but we are funding their troops, providing supplies for their people, and helping them become "democratic" when we all know the minute we leave thats not gonna stay...

The problem is that outside owning the shit out of the Taliban we should not be "helping" the afgans and him thanking our taxpayers is just a slap in the face to us because we aren't getting the support we need here in the US (aka...trillions of dollars in debt)

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 01:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Most rich countries have been shelling out billions to poor countries for decades now, how is this ANY different?...
    Cause these people were associated with 9/11 indirectly...in case people forgot already...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazzle.d View Post
    ...So? What do you think wars run on, fresh air and coco pops?
    Cocoa Puffs you motherfucker!!!!
    =)

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    When they thank us, apparently people get upset on our end.
    We've sent relief aid to lots of places, this is the first time I've actually seen a country's leader thank the people who helped them. Most of them will give a general, 'thank you for helping us in our time of need' but never point it to anyone, which I find very insincere. I'm glad my money helped them. I'm also glad that they just didn't take the money or effort for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyspartann View Post
    Last time I checked, Japan and Germany weren't giving money to the places they occupied during WW2, I'm pretty sure the North wasn't handing out gold to the south, and the allied powers weren't giving freebies to the central powers...

You obviously don't understand that we aren't just fighting for them (which I'm fine with because the Taliban blew our shit up and need to ALL die), but we are funding their troops, providing supplies for their people, and helping them become "democratic" when we all know the minute we leave thats not gonna stay...

The problem is that outside owning the shit out of the Taliban we should not be "helping" the afgans and him thanking our taxpayers is just a slap in the face to us because we aren't getting the support we need here in the US (aka...trillions of dollars in debt)
    No they learned from the peace treaty in Versailles.

I'm quite aware of what the money is spent on, the US taxpayers isn't the only ones paying for it you know. The US goes to war and before you know it MY tax money is being spent to rebuild things, the US goes to war and my country gets a ton of refugees from whatever shithole they decided to invade this time.

I'm just glad we ain't part of Nato. The money we spend and the refugees we get I'm fine with.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would also be nice if america could pay the 4.1 billion dollar cost by themselves not share it with the rest of NATO.

Good on him for thanking the taxpayers tbh.

Also I laughed at how many Americans are getting all up in arms, because your tax money has NEVER gone on something you didn't want it to go on, and you have 100% control over what your tax money goes on, and even after you've been taxed, it's still your money, RIGHT?!

Not nation bashing, as this is directly related to America.

Don't ban me, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Then don't invade in the 1st place....

The US and other countries spent trillions to invade and wage war in Afghanistan allegedly to make the world safer for themselves... Now what do you think will happen if all the foreign troops leave and there is no viable Afghan security force to take over ?

This money isn't being spent as an act of charity. It's being spent because it's in the interests of your country that Afghanistan doesn't end up how it was pre 9/11. Personally I don't think the cost has been worth the result but if you decide to invade you need to see things through. If you go in, smash things up a bit and then leave nothing is achieved and all the lives and money spent so far have been wasted.

TLDR: this money is indirectly going into your own because it's going towards the security of your country.

Deleted
    You've spent the past decade spending billions on bombing the fuck out of them and now you don't want to help repair the mess you caused?