Diablo 3 April Fools Prank

Just for laughs, I sincerely hope Blizzard announces the release date near April Fools for Christmas 2012. I would totally get a kick out of the reactions of those who would believe it.

and please no raging here about release dates

10+ Year Old Account
    that would have been really funny hope they do something funny tho for april fools.

it'll just say release coming real soon trolololo
    Casual.

December release and Inferno being removed because they can't get it tuned to their liking. Would be a great day on the official forums

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking; just announce a release date.
    That's a joke in itself.
    Hahaha.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I was thinking; just announce a release date.
    That's a joke in itself.
    Hahaha.
    Made me chuckle =P Yes, a release date of late December would be so funny!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja View Post
    Just for laughs, I sincerely hope Blizzard announces the release date near April Fools for Christmas 2012. I would totally get a kick out of the reactions of those who would believe it.

and please no raging here about release dates
    That date isn't too farfetched knowing blizzard.

They should pretend to cancel releasing D3 alltogether in order to get D4 out on time some in 2025
    dictated but not read.

imo they are w8ing for release date of GW2 MoP is not ready to "compete" (like thats even possible ... dont get me wrong i love WoW but if they wont rush GW2 it will be awesome game )
    anyways...we dont need april jokes about it...trolls are w8ing for their chance...dont give them any

10+ Year Old Account
    We took pvp out of the game to work on it also to give it an earlier release date now it will be within four years instead of eight.

Quote Originally Posted by iwco View Post
    imo they are w8ing for release date of GW2 MoP is not ready to "compete" (like thats even possible ... dont get me wrong i love WoW but if they wont rush GW2 it will be awesome game )
    anyways...we dont need april jokes about it...trolls are w8ing for their chance...dont give them any
    Imo, I was thinking the best release date for GW2 would be about 2-3 months after D3 and MoP are out.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll push the release to Dec 2012. Then in Dec, they'll say they cancelled the project.

No. They don't have any leniency for a joke. They can not afford a joke with how long they've been working on this game. With how much crap is re-invented and re-formed, and cock-teasing we get from Blizz. Just no. No jokes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mewmew111 View Post
    Stop trying to make sense out of a game that mails you dragons.

There will be a joke. Though however good it may be, it'll just be of bad taste given the current situation the game is in.

They are done with new class and new feature type stuff though. I'm thinking about a "cow level" redesign of sorts.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted
    I dont know how the gaming community still believes any news released around April 1st, we've been trolled by gaming companies so many times

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I dont know how the gaming community still believes any news released around April 1st, we've been trolled by gaming companies so many times
    Which is exactly why they should announce the real release date on april 1st. Just to mess with us for future apr1s.
    Frost DK? Frost DK!
    Murava <Damage per Second> US - Tichondrius
    Dragon Soul Heroic 10m videos [6/8]

10+ Year Old Account
    It probably will be next year, since it'll never come out since they'll always be saying oh we're trying to make the game perfect for another 50 years.

Blizzard's past april fools jokes have been very funny at least.
    Like the e-peen addon or something xD

Quote Originally Posted by Murava View Post
    Which is exactly why they should announce the real release date on april 1st. Just to mess with us for future apr1s.
    yes! alternatively bard.

I imagine that the Diablo 3 April fool's joke will be that they are releasing the Diablo 3 expansion before the release of Diablo 3.

Actually, there will not be any trolling from their april fools announcement. The first 2 years of wow they incited drama because people didnt know about it. But in the past few years, their jokes have become so farfetched, and we already know their april fools tradition that it will give more like a few chuckles than actual trollbait.