Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JanaJenkins View Post
    Sorry for the long post

I am a pally tank, so far I have killed DW 20 times in LFR and 11 times in normal 10 man, currently my guild and me are stuck on hc madness.
    Souldrinker had never dropped on my guild runs, hence I am trying to get the LFR version.

A few guildies and me join the que and join a run that is already on madness, most often a bad sign, and according to the group they had wiped 7 times already.
    I ask the tank (polite in whisper) if he has any preferences on how to handle the fight, I get no reply.
    The remaining spots fill up and the other tank starts the fight.
    He doesnt tank the mutaded corruption and he is therefore also not taunting the impale of me. Using my CDs I survive, but when we enter the 4th platform I whisper him asking (polite) if he can taunt the next impale of me. He goes nuts, ranting at me that I am an arrogant $%&%$ and more ranting. I swifly put him under ignore and ask for some CDs from the healers in the raid. This triggers him more and he starts to rant about me in the raid. My guildies made screenshots, and it wasnt pretty.
    He then asks the raid to wipe and kick me. Of course no one does this and some people (not me or my guildies) mock him.
    He goes ape$%&" and starts to taunt the mutaded corruption from me, and manages to taunt it of me again during impale, and he dies.
    He says he did this on purpose in the raid, hoping that we will wipe. He gets ressed and he accepts it, but jumps off the platform.
    We get to the last phase and with some clever taunting by other people and nice healing we make it.
    Everyone happy AND Souldrinker drops! Of course "#$%tank needs on it, but he leaves the second after, not waiting for the roll to end.
    But then I see the roll end, he won it... and I am second with 2 points...

I decide, against knowing better, to make a ticket.
    I describe the situation and ask if there is anyway for me getting the weapon, I was the second roller and since he left the raid seconds after pressing need and did not wait for the roll to end, it is safe to say he does not want it.

I get this reply:
    I received your request regarding the Souldrinker, which was left behind in your LFR. You asked that this item be sent to you, because no one else appeared to claim it. It’s never fun to see an item that you rolled for not get claimed! However, while Game Masters love to assist anytime we can, we are able to forward these items only to the players who won the roll. In this case, it appeared that you rolled a 179, and the winning player rolled higher. I do apologize for any frustration, but we will not be able to distribute the Souldrinker to you.

But never fear! This item won’t rot away. We will be able to send this along to the winner. And of course, if you win an item and it doesn’t show up for you, we’d be more than happy to help then.

Utlimately there's always the chance to obtain an item the next time you are in LFR - or perhaps getting a decent alternative from normal mode DS (which has become much easier since the stacking debuff got introduced).

Hope you have an awesome day! Thanks again for contacting me.

Best wishes,

So yea, I check out the armory of the tank in question and see that he has obtained souldrinker minutes after the reply to my ticket came!
    They actually took my complaint as a reason to give the weapon to this $%& tank because of the ticket I made!
    There might be a tiny chance that he made a ticket saying "hey I rolled on Souldrinker but I left the raid before the roll ended and I was wondering if I maybe won, and if so, can I have it" but that seems a bit far fetched, also there was noone from his server in the raid (that could tell him the outcome of the roll), which maybe also was a reason for him to act like such a douchebag in the first place.

But what really suprises me is the attitude of the GM, is it me or is this just the way the do it nowadays?
    The smileys I can live with, but giving bad news and then smile always strikes me as not being taken serious, to me it reads like "oops, thats sucks, too bad <SMILE>" Imo, the GM can really just leave out the smily faces.
    And then the "helpfull tip" of maybe clearing DS on normal which has become much easier... What do you think I have been doing for the past months?!

I do not expect the GMs to do a whole background check on every char who makes a ticket, but when you start giving advise like this you might actually do more harm then good, it just comes accross so lame.
    They give the weapon I want so bad to a scumbag player after I make a ticket which gives me the message that I should not have made the ticket, and then they give this lame "advise".

So yea, I know I shouldnt dwell on this, but I am just pissed off with this customer support, it feels like they are mocking me.
    Am I just a big old QQer or would you be pissed of aswell?
    If you're such a pro... why so much tears about LFR junk? And when Panda is near?

Want the gear? Get more guildies to buddy roll for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Jana, READ OUR REPLIES! The GM did not applaud the dirtbag, she followed the loot policy Blizzard has set in place, and kept her job for doing it. Her hands were tied.
    but she would have been more than happy to trade her job for a life of passion and romance

7 years. 7 years the game has been around, and still things like this - which could have been solved by decent loot coding - still go on.

I saw the screenshots from the panda expansion, and all I see are the same recycled graphics from 7 years ago. I have no idea why people keep subscribing when there are so many more interesting - and better designed - games around.

I mean seriously - 7 years of tinkering with game class mechanics to make an e-sport out of an mmo, when they could have bothered to fix things that really needed to be fixed.

OP- you have my very sincere empathy and sympathy. Reading your post reminded me of several of the reasons I quit.

I signed up 7 years ago for a badass mmo. Now the developers have turned it into a frustrating experience for many and a panda/pokemon battle for the rest. I'm glad I'm not paying them shit anymore.

Just to ease your mind, whether you or the bad tank you mentioned made a blizz ticket is irrelevant. That item would have gone to him in the mail automatically. This also occurs in 5 mans in that LFG system. It not something the GM or anyone else at blizz manually does, the game automatically does this at the duration of the roll. It allows a certain amount of time after the roll is settle to continuously try and loot the item to the player(to allow for DC's or something like that). After a set amount of time, if that winning players did not receive the item, it automatically is mailed to that player. So, it wasnt your actions that caused the GM to give that item to the player, it was just the game. I know that probably doesnt make you feel that much better, but atleast take solace in the fact that the only thing you did personally that made him get that item is not roll high enough(which actually is out of your control as well).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Jana, READ OUR REPLIES! The GM did not applaud the dirtbag, she followed the loot policy Blizzard has set in place, and kept her job for doing it. Her hands were tied.
    I am reading!
    But it really just raised a new question, I make a ticket asking a left behind item to be mailed to me, does this trigger -leaving the behaviour of the winner of the item out of the question- a GM into mailing the item to the winner?
    When our guild was on a diffrent loot system it would happen often that players would trade loot or whatnot after the item had been handed out, this resulted in both parties having to make a ticket, sometimes even the master looter aswell and what not.
    Did this change into "as soon as a ticket is made by anyone the item in question will be mailed to winner, even if winner has not contacted a GM"?

The one thing i never understood is why you aren't automatically disqualified from winning an item if you drop group before the rolls go through. Situations like this would be avoided if, even if somebody rolled highest, it would go to the next highest if they weren't in the group when the rolls finished.

When our guild was on a diffrent loot system it would happen often that players would trade loot or whatnot after the item had been handed out, this resulted in both parties having to make a ticket, sometimes even the master looter aswell and what not.
    Did this change into "as soon as a ticket is made by anyone the item in question will be mailed to winner, even if winner has not contacted a GM"?
    No, but in this specific case both parties (one being the one who won the roll, or recieved the item) did not make a ticket requesting the item be transfered... Only the person who did not win the roll and did not recieve the item made a ticket. So the loot rules still apply. Logic. But good luck getting him to put in a ticket...
    Last edited by openair; 2012-03-14 at 02:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am reading!
    But it really just raised a new question, I make a ticket asking a left behind item to be mailed to me, does this trigger -leaving the behaviour of the winner of the item out of the question- a GM into mailing the item to the winner?
    Basically: in the "Finder"-system, item goes to highest roller. If the item did NOT go into said person's bag and somebody makes a ticket, the item will be sent to him/her. Regardless of behaviour, history, and details.
    In guilds, Blizzard trust internal policies. So ticketing for a trade is fully possible, but not guaranteed.
    In pugs (from tradechat or similar) with Master Looter, ML decides, but this one has a buttload of extra 'paragraphs'.

So to answer the first question; yes. The item will be mailed to the winner if left behind, regardless of who makes the ticket. But there is a difference between loot disputes in LFD/LFR, guilds and pugs, for understandable reasons.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

i sympathize OP, i really do. it would be awesome if they could just review the raid, say "omg, what a douchebag, im taking the loot from him and giving it to you!". but it aint gonna happen, and probably never will. if anything, blizz is putting as much distance as they can from griefing disputes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taikoen View Post
    7 years. 7 years the game has been around, and still things like this - which could have been solved by decent loot coding - still go on.

I saw the screenshots from the panda expansion, and all I see are the same recycled graphics from 7 years ago. I have no idea why people keep subscribing when there are so many more interesting - and better designed - games around.

I mean seriously - 7 years of tinkering with game class mechanics to make an e-sport out of an mmo, when they could have bothered to fix things that really needed to be fixed.

OP- you have my very sincere empathy and sympathy. Reading your post reminded me of several of the reasons I quit.

I signed up 7 years ago for a badass mmo. Now the developers have turned it into a frustrating experience for many and a panda/pokemon battle for the rest. I'm glad I'm not paying them shit anymore.
    I have been playing since vanilla aswell, but always in hardcore guilds with very strict (and clear) loot rules, so never much QQ there luckily.
    Now I consider myself casual, I raid 2 evening per week in a small guild, but there seems to be so much drama with loot, also a few guidlies have made tickets about the loot in our 10 man, the past 4 raid, I really kid you not, we have had the exact same loot, EXACT not one item diffrent, can you believe that?
    It all seems like they dont want us to enjoy it or something, of course the "chance" of getting loot is half the fun, I understand there would be no fun if we could pick the loot or something, but this is the other side of the spectrum, one month with no one in our raid getting a usefull upgrade is quite demoralising!

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 03:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i sympathize OP, i really do. it would be awesome if they could just review the raid, say "omg, what a douchebag, im taking the loot from him and giving it to you!". but it aint gonna happen, and probably never will. if anything, blizz is putting as much distance as they can from griefing disputes
    Well I wasnt asking the GM to take the loot from the douchebag, he had not received it because he left the raid before the roll ended.
    I really thought it worked diffrently. I remeber a few years ago I DCed during a roll in that PvP place with the bosses in WotLK, sorry cant come up with the name. A guildie told me when I was able to log in 2 days later (internet router broke) that I had won the roll, I made a ticket but was told the item could not be retrieved, so this was even after I made a ticket for loot that I had won.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 03:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jebey2 View Post
    Just to ease your mind, whether you or the bad tank you mentioned made a blizz ticket is irrelevant. That item would have gone to him in the mail automatically. This also occurs in 5 mans in that LFG system. It not something the GM or anyone else at blizz manually does, the game automatically does this at the duration of the roll. It allows a certain amount of time after the roll is settle to continuously try and loot the item to the player(to allow for DC's or something like that). After a set amount of time, if that winning players did not receive the item, it automatically is mailed to that player. So, it wasnt your actions that caused the GM to give that item to the player, it was just the game. I know that probably doesnt make you feel that much better, but atleast take solace in the fact that the only thing you did personally that made him get that item is not roll high enough(which actually is out of your control as well).
    Ok thanks, i did not know this, so people who roll and leave the raid, or dc, or have a full inventory and do not notice, -and win the roll- will automatically receive the item a while later? Well atleast i know that the GM was not being an ass
    Last edited by mmoc8efec75661; 2012-03-14 at 02:10 AM.

Oh
    My
    God

12 paragraph thread and no tl;dr?

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    The one thing i never understood is why you aren't automatically disqualified from winning an item if you drop group before the rolls go through. Situations like this would be avoided if, even if somebody rolled highest, it would go to the next highest if they weren't in the group when the rolls finished.
    Indeed. Dropping group should automatically convert all of your unresolved loot rolls to "pass", even if you've already rolled something else.

To the OP: GMs aren't allowed to give you loot you didn't win, no matter how much of a jerkass the other guy is.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikoen View Post

Give me the names of these games and 95% of the content of all of them will likely just be a reskinned WoW clone. Because WoW = Money. Money = Everything. (to businesses)

OT: OP why you crying about LFR loot? You'll be clearing DS for another 6 months and with the debuff eventually going to 35% (that's its limit) you'll breeze through the place and be bored. If you don't get it by then, too bad? That's just how luck goes, there isn't shit you can do about it. As for the guy, though he was likely just trolling don't assume that was the case. You never know. On top of that the GM was just doing their job and seeing as there really isn't a better way to give out "PUG" loot, rolling is the best way.
    Last edited by therayeffect; 2012-03-14 at 05:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man things like that always seem to happen in LFR you just have to live with it since now the people you have to deal with aren't only the people in your realm but in your battlegroup as well and normally not saying this for all people but some people are in the LFR because they cant find a guild who accepts people like them. I would love to come tank with you sometime in the LFR and see if you can win it send me a post and ill give you real ID im a feral tank so wont be needing on it anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    *offers a big hug*

Souldrinker... Yummy! I was so happy when I finally had two of those babies on my frost DK.

The GM did everything correctly, sorry to have to say it. In such cases, there is no such thing as "the highest roller was a douchebag, so I'll give it to the nice guy who rolled second and even cared enough about the item to make a ticket." A GM can't break the rules for you.

People can be awfully mean, stupid and greedy in LFR. And unfortunately, all too often, they seem to be the ones that can't roll anything lower than a 199.

*comforts* Karma will get that guy one day

Blizzard absolutely needs to implement a function that will forfeit the roll / auto-pass on an item when someone leaves LFR prematurely. If you want it, you wait till it's in your bags. If you don't care about it, you don't need it, so someone else who needs it should get it. I too can think of many occasions where I've rolled on something, I saw I lost the roll and then saw the item still on the boss... and I don't think that all the people who won those items, wrote tickets to claim them.

Deleted
    Regardless of the frustrating circumstances this boils down to the frequent QQ (and I do this too) of "some other sucker who couldn't <tank/heal/dps> won my item, no fair".

You're right it's completely unfair but that doesn't change the fact that there is no viable alternative from Blizzards position. They can hardly set policies in to guage performance and exclude those below the threshold (with the notable exception of raising the ilvl required to enter). They also can't have someone monitor every LFR raid.

Tbh getting hold of tank loot in LFR is easy, take a guildie tank with you and you have all the loot to yourselves. It's much harder to do the same as healer or dps.

He / She was doing their job, no matter what the story is, thats the rules

Also I dont see why people bitch about loot in LFR, anything you win is a bonus and be happy if youve gotten anything at all, for weeks now I've been running it for get the sword for my warrior, dropped nearly every week, some weeks even 2 of them in one go drop and I havn't won any. Do I care? No, I'm getting a small pile of gold, and I'm getting 250 vp for 45 mins
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    GM's are shit. It's just a fact. They are just a person employed that has to stick to the "rules" but doesn't ever really seem to know anything about the game (just like the developers).

I had to literally tell a GM how to fix a problem that I had, because I got bored of him wasting time like a moron doing whatever it is he was doing.
    And then the GM gave credit to his colleague who apparently helped him figure out how to do it. Bullshit, it was me.

They actually took my complaint as a reason to give the weapon to this $%& tank because of the ticket I made!
    says it all...

The problem was making the loot item the issue. Your ticket should have been filed concerning the person's behavior, and your friends/guildies should also have filed their tickets about the situation. Blizzard has stated over and over what their current polices are about LFR loot, until they adjust the system further, we just have to accept those items are out of reach. However a person behaving so badly makes gameplay unpleasant for everyone who encounters them, which may eventually lead to people giving up the game from repeated incidents. Blizzard really needs to address this.