Ten Ton hammer interview

http://swtorhub.com/dash-everything-...ew-james-ohlen

It's actually a rather interesting interview. A couple of highlights

Dynamic events are coming and will be in 1.2.

Oh! There’s another thing we’re adding to game update 2. We’re adding dynamic events to the universe. I don’t want to go more into it as it’s a surprise. People will learn more about it when it gets released, but we have a whole team basically devoted to building that stuff out. It’s really good. I’m pretty sure there’s other stuff that I’ve forgotten.
    The turn around between 1.2 and 1.3 should be alot faster:

We’re aiming for a shorter turnaround time for 1.3 than the time between 1.1 and 1.2.
    Excellent news and the interview was actually rather informative overall and well worth a read.

Yea, I saw that on reddit, along with other stuff about 1.2 which I haven't checked out. Thanks to the guy who compiled the list here: http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...ummit_details/

Also in the comments someone quoted an upcoming change to a talent tree:

Tracer Missile is a community favorite, and I can flat out state that if you pull the Tracer Missile stun on a skilled player, you are not going to live. It’s not working. Alright, if you know how to use interrupts, we see people stand there and they die. But that said, it is also dangerous to have people in a state where they can have a fairly decent DPS rotation with almost no effort. That isn’t good long term for them either. It is boring and it doesn’t add as much combat adrenaline as we want. So we did some changes there to rebalance that particular tree to move a bit out of the Tracer Missile, and require you to be more active in your combat style to achieve that kind of effect. You can call that a nerf. I call that housekeeping.
    Last edited by Bane123; 2012-03-14 at 03:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane123 View Post
    Yea, I saw that on reddit, along with other stuff about 1.2 which I haven't checked out. Thanks to the guy who compiled the list here: http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...ummit_details/
    That's a big list, looks like I got a lot to read this afternoon!

Looks like 1.2 is going to be amazing, soo much stuff, can't wait for it!
    Last edited by Byrogan; 2012-03-14 at 04:18 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They expect 1.3 to be out faster than the 1.1 to 1.2 patch?!?!??!
    3 months seems like a good time frame. but hey I won't complain if it takes less time for another major big patch! The future is very bright for ToR.

Deleted
    Dynamic events snook in there at 1.2. They said they were going to add them, but I didn't realise it was going to be in 1.2

Nice.

"As for the traits, those are the things that are going to allow you to essentially customize your alt in the game, which I think is going to be a big appeal to a lot of players. So when you play the game again, you can customize how you want to play it. You can go, “I like my class story. I don’t want to do all the world quests because I did those the first time around, so I’m going to buy some traits that give me xp bonuses to PvP and flashpoints. I’m going to do PvP, flashpoints, and class quests.” "

I like that a lot, giving you the ability to tailor your leveling of an alt to the aspect of the game that you enjoy the most.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 11:07 AM ----------

Also,

"Ten Ton Hammer: So you are able to see other people’s combat actions if you go out of game and parse the logs?
    James Ohlen: Yes."

Puts an end to that debate earlier about whether you'd be able to see other people in your group's DPS when parsing the fight. Good news.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Wow, just wow.. thats a whole lot o stuff in that patch! At this point no one can really say with a straight face that they arent bustin there ass to improve this game. At this point it doesnt matter when x or y should of been in the game its in and its coming.

Best part of the whole interview from a guild / raid leader's perspective.. combat log parces show EVERYONE'S numbers... thank freakin God!

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    They expect 1.3 to be out faster than the 1.1 to 1.2 patch?!?!??!
    3 months seems like a good time frame. but hey I won't complain if it takes less time for another major big patch! The future is very bright for ToR.
    and they are already working on 1.4 and 1.5..

Mind boggling.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    At this rate SWTOR will be able to put out 3 massive updates in the time it takes blizz to add a single one. So basically in 1 year time it will end up having more content (at endgame, not old content nobody runs) than WoW. Good for them if they can keep up the pace, I really want this game to do well - not because I'm the hugest fan (I like it but not to the point of denying its faults), but because competition brings progress and quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane123 View Post

Also in the comments someone quoted an upcoming change to a talent tree:
    I don't get it.As an arsenal BH i can understand a damage redution on TM but why, god why, do they want us to have a combat with adrenaline when we have the worst mobility in the game, and we have a freaking jetpack strapped on our backs, we just stand there tanking damage and knocking back meeles(while everybody moves around like a super sayan)...that can close the gap again easily, unless they aren't warriors/knight in a huttsball match... Gief us Jetpack blink please!

Quote Originally Posted by Sethorian View Post
    I don't get it.As an arsenal BH i can understand a damage redution on TM but why, god why, do they want us to have a combat with adrenaline when we have the worst mobility in the game, and we have a freaking jetpack strapped on our backs, we just stand there tanking damage and knocking back meeles(while everybody moves around like a super sayan)...that can close the gap again easily, unless they aren't warriors/knight in a huttsball match... Gief us Jetpack blink please!
    Jetpack Disengage or Jetpack heroic leap would be bad ass