Poll: Is Breaking Bad the Best TV series of all time?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    so this thread has been quite helpful for me in finding potential shows that I can start to get into so if Im missing anything really good lemme know (I intentionally left out most of the sci-fi shows as I cant see me liking them at all after watching them a bit, so no Stargates etc)

Shows I have seen already
    Breaking Bad
    Dexter
    True Blood
    The Wire
    Eastbound and Down
    Walking Dead
    Heroes
    Game of Thrones
    Flashforward

Shows I need to see
    Lost
    Deadwood
    The Sopranos
    Prison Break
    Firefly
    Jericho
    Mad Men
    Sparatcus
    Supernatural
    Misfits
    Luther
    Weeds
    Six Feet Under
    Sons of Anarchy

These are for TV series type shows only. Ive already seen stuff like Seinfeld, South Park, etc. So any quality suggestions of other great TV series to check out I will def go look them up. I give every show a chance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    <snip> These are for TV series type shows only. Ive already seen stuff like Seinfeld, South Park, etc. So any quality suggestions of other great TV series to check out I will def go look them up. I give every show a chance.
    Check out:
    Boardwalk Empire
    Twin Peaks
    In Treatment
    Sherlock
    OZ
    Carnivale
    Battlestar Galatica (the new one)
    Justified
    Freaks and Geeks
    Homeland (if you enjoyed 24)
    The West Wing
    Farscape (if you like sci fi a lot)

10+ Year Old Account
    my favorite is walking dead lately it really is breaking away from the typical zombie movie ideas
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Linkozz View Post
    How can you forget about Lost? Thats like the best show ever,im on my 3rd rewatch now
    we have the winner in my opinion. I would say "Best" is hard to agree on but lost may had effected tv shows to come out since more than any other since Seinfield. They all wanted to be the next lost. Although I would say "breaking bad", "walking dead", and "game of thrones" are my top three right now, none of those have been imitated like lost has.

Deleted
    The lack of Spartacus is disturbing.

Some of my fav series:

Lost
    The Walking Dead
    Prison Break
    The X-Files
    SPARTACUS

Deleted
    No not even close for me, I liked the first 2 seasons, 3rd was boring being inside all the time ... and I've only seen I think 3-4 episodes of season 4 so far because I was bored out of my mind.

Looking at the shows I have on my mediatank I consider these better :

Deadwood
    Forbrydelsen ( The Killing )
    Game of Thrones
    Heroes
    House
    Invasion
    Misfits
    Oz
    Prison Break
    Sons of Anarchy
    Sopranos
    Suits
    Supernatural
    The Shield
    The Wire
    The X-Files
    True Blood
    ... I still have a lot of other shows to watch

I guess all have been mentioned before except for Invasion which lost the battle against "Lost" which is a big shame since I really loved that show and hated Lost :/

As much as I love Breaking Bad. I voted no. You can't call any sort of media entertainment "The Best _______ Ever" with so many varied styles and tastes.

However, it's definitely one of my favorite shows ever. All shows have their faults and Breaking Bad had very few.

Dexter = Game of Thrones > Breaking Bad > The Walking Dead

That's my current order of enjoyment. There are other shows I like although none of them sustain me. (Trueblood is good but not great for instance.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, I love Breaking Bad, but that's completely subjective, you can't really say that aha

Deleted
    Best show ever? Na
    One of the best American shows? Yes ^^

Last edited by Rukentuts; 2012-03-16 at 03:37 AM.

Don't get me wrong, I love breaking bad, but it barely makes the top 5 of show CURRENTLY airing.

sigh...I watch to much tv.

Deleted
    Breaking Bad is great show. But not the greatest by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Well I guess it's all very subjective, but I personally found Breaking Bad quite dreadful and gave up on it after 2 seasons. It offered nothing to me in terms of entertainment.
    How you can watch season 2 (with Tuco) and not love it blows my mind.

TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT!

When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

Breaking Bad is worthy of love but it takes a backseat to The Simpsons, Top Gear UK, Band of Brothers, Seinfeld, and Lonesome Dove for me when it comes to peronal favorites. But when it comes to TV series drama that aren't miniseries, Breaking Bad gets my vote, its entertainment value is off the charts and less than a handful of episodes were subpar for me

And now for random thoughts on shows in the thread because I am bored and love TV too much:

I wanted to love BSG, and I did until the last couple of seasons where it felt like the show jumped the shark. I also never really liked any of the characters like I did with Star Trek TNG for example

Game of Thrones had a fantastic first season but it really seems like a show that relies too much on shock value for entertainment and its just not going to be the same without Boromir. I love the Lannister family though

The Sopranos is another oustanding show but it had a lot of fat that could be cut out like the Paris trip and its ending was as infamous as they come

X-Files was a show I loved growing up but I don't think it has aged well and the storyline is convuluted and confuses viewers

Firefly had a fun and great cast of characters but it was too short lived