Poll: Which edition will you be buying?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Which edition will you be buying?

I’m not sure if this will be locked due to the other thread already existing, but I think it’s safe to say that people are generally more likely to vote in a poll than they are to post in a thread.

Anyway, which edition of the game do you plan on buying now that the CE goodies have been revealed?

Personally, I haven’t completely decided between the collector’s edition and the digital deluxe.

I'm probably just going to buy the standard edition. I'm really not much of a collector so I don't want to pay extra for things I don care about/ won't use.

10+ Year Old Account
    CE for Rytlock

Most likely the standard, but possibly the deluxe, and definitely not the CE. As much as I would love to support them as much as I can, I just don't have the cash right now to spend that much on a video game.

I might actually end up buying GW1 and working toward HOM stuff too.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-03-14 at 04:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll most likely be getting the Standard, only thing in the Deluxe that could sway me would be the Elite Skill depending on the details but £65 is abit pricey just for that.

Prob just standard digital. My HoM prizes will make me all the snowflake I need I think. And they're something you actually work for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Digital Deluxe.
    It's probably not worth it, but it's only 20 bucks that I'd spend on magic beans anyway.

The CE is just too expensive considering the only cool thing in it is the Rytlock statue. I like the in-game items though so I will be getting the Deluxe Edition.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to get the digital deluxe. Not much more expensive than the regular, and has some in-game items (albeit mostly useless) too. Not getting the Collector's Edition, as it isn't worth the extra heaping of money. Not really much in it I want that badly, except maybe the art.

I predicted buy your way into beta months ahead; NCSOFT is partly responsible for that as i said in the past. I'm rather disappointed with the 'features' you get for getting digital deluxe and/or collectors. The only thing that lasts is the elite skill =/

I was expecting something much cooler, like the original guild wars gave you glowing hands.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    I predicted buy your way into beta months ahead, but I'm rather disappointed with the 'features' you get for getting digital deluxe and/or collectors. The only thing that lasts is the elite skill =/

I was expecting something much cooler, like the original guild wars gave you glowing hands.
    I really wanted the glowy hands, I never had them in GW.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I really wanted the glowy hands, I never had them in GW.
    Well the glowly hands you are probably referring to is probably this
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Chaos_Gloves

The collectors edition gave you glowing hands during emotes.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either digital deluxe or standard, i'm poor so it'll likely be standard even though i'd really like the deluxe or CE...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Either digital deluxe or standard, i'm poor so it'll likely be standard even though i'd really like the deluxe or CE...
    I'm a college kid that works for less than minimum wage as a server due to signing a contract that automatically takes money away for food. I can afford getting the game.

If you can afford sixty dollars, you can afford eighty.

YOU HAVE MONTHS to save for it.

Digital Deluxe. I made a good call by not buying a TOR CE (even though I was so hyped up for it), as I wouldn't be using it anymore. I'm not going to spend 150 bucks on a CE until I'm absolutely sure I love the game. So I'll buy the CE of the first expansion if I like the game.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

standard edition. i really want to get behind ncsoft and gw2 and grow it into the next big empire of MMOs, but i'd rather spend my money on the digital stuff than the physical collectibles.

See for me, buying any collectors edition without any ingame benefits is a waste of money. im eventually going to throw it away

anything sold to collect will not have a high resale value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Well the glowly hands you are probably referring to is probably this
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Chaos_Gloves

The collectors edition gave you glowing hands during emotes.
    No, I know what they are. The emote hands that is.
    Last edited by Arkenaw; 2012-03-14 at 05:15 AM.

I don't care for the in game items the game is offering so the Deluxe is a waste of money. I also don't care for artwork so I don't want to pay almost another hundred dollars for a figuring, so I'm going with the standard.

If I get into the beta before the 10th and the game is everything I dreamed of and more I'll probably buy the CE to help support the good cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    I don't care for the in game items the game is offering so the Deluxe is a waste of money. I also don't care for artwork so I don't want to pay almost another hundred dollars for a figuring, so I'm going with the standard.

If I get into the beta before the 10th and the game is everything I dreamed of and more I'll probably buy the CE to help support the good cause.
    if you prefer just donating money to ncsoft for a good cause, i'd suggest not buying the ce at all.

the game has its own currency, sort of like free to play games... it sells gems for money.

just buy a ton of gems, it doesn't cost the company any manufacturing costs... pure profit.

for me, i'll prob buy like 15 dollars worth of gems a month.