Poll: Which edition will you be buying?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Digital Deluxe.
    It's probably not worth it, but it's only 20 bucks that I'd spend on magic beans anyway.
    ^ Probably this, I still have not decided, I know I won't get the physical CE since I can not justify paying $90 more for items that may be cool but serve no practical purpose since I don't really have any place to set some large statue thing, and the art books again would be something I would look at once or twice but then it would get mixed in with all the rest my junk, but hell thats 9-18 Indie games extra in cost. I know the extra $20 for the DD stuff isn't really worth it, but thats a price difference I can justify since it isn't an entire days pay extra.

I have a physical Collectors Edition on preorder in my local brick and mortar game store - but I will additionally be buying the Digital CE to ensure I get in as soon as possible. I figure the physical CE that I get can always be used to create a second account

Just the standard, if I got anything else I know it would just collect dust.

Deluxe since I have no use for the figure from CE.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Wonder why there isn't: "I wont be playing guild wars 2" option? I mean sure I might buy it if the PvP(only thing that I really liked in GW1) is balanced enough, but hell it really just doesnt appeal to me when looking at how they have designed PvE, I mean sure another great levelling experience is nice.. But I thrive for endgame and this game has shown me none.. So basicly it comes down to playing this.. or playing Diablo 3, which in the end is pretty similar(putting the PvP aside) and prolly heck of a lot more fun and will prolly give me a challenge..

Now I'm not saying the game is bad.. It will prolly even be pretty goddamn awesome for your average joe player.. But I'm just 1 of the dying breed of HC players and this game is just not meant for me..

As for the actual topic of which edition would I buy if I decide to buy it.. prolly the standard. I dont really like collector's editions that much unless they have something awesome in them.. and well they allmost never have anything that even comes close.. But got to admit that the bobble head of fallout 3 got me together with the lunch box..
    Because by being in this thread it is somewhat implied that you are buying GW2...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Digital Deluxe.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to get the standard after a little consideration. The only item that really interests me is the artbook, and I don't think it is worth the extra 100 to get that alone. I will be probably be spending that 100 dollars over time in the in-game shop, however.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Standard. Never been to much into special or deluxe or collectors editions, and i find the extra's not of my taste and quite frankly lacking. So im not going to drop more money into it, rather save it for maybe something cool from the cash shop of my own choosing.

Deleted
    Can't remember if I answered but Standard (might be DD if I change my mind) and then character slots/other things in CS for the $ I saved for not buying CE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    I'm a college kid that works for less than minimum wage as a server due to signing a contract that automatically takes money away for food. I can afford getting the game.

If you can afford sixty dollars, you can afford eighty.

YOU HAVE MONTHS to save for it.
    Difference is I'm an unemployed college student =( nothing for me to save up
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    DD - although I'm sure the art book etc are nice, I really don't give a shit about things like that...and although I think the model is a great fan thing...I wouldn't ban models...I'm happy for them to exist in the world...but, there just isn't a model shaped hole in my life.

I've stopped buying paper books etc unless absolutely necessary...I don't like clutter or crap or *stuff* that just sits collecting dust.

I'd be very interested in totally digital CE with more stuff that was useful or fun or cool in game.

What is this tome of influence and chalice of glory?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    What is this tome of influence and chalice of glory?
    If you mouse over anything on buy.guildwars2.com it will give a short description of what it is, including those two items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Difference is I'm an unemployed college student =( nothing for me to save up
    I am in almost the same boat as you. Working at a super market while going to Grad school isn't much better. I can only afford the standard as I need to start saving up for the summer semester.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

I will be getting the Collector's Edition for a few reasons. I am a artist and the statue which looks like it would cost 30-50 bucks at a store alone plus the art prints that look simply amazing is a no-brainer to me. The in game items other then the golem banker all look useful to me. My guild using the tomes of influence x 10 will unlock most if not all the guild vualts which is time we do not need to spend grinding and can work on other things. Also the chalice of Glory takes away from grinding for a few pvp rewards. The elite skill just seems fun and all the races and classes can use, I am sure we wont have to unlock it via skill points at level 30. Over all I find it a good CE in quality and price compared to many others I have seen in the past 10 years.
    Last edited by zeelic; 2012-03-14 at 01:13 PM.

DDE, don't need/don't want a box, CE is a big fat meh at that price. And a note for anyone who is looking at SE over DDE, that Rytlock mini has the chance to be worth it alone. Most of the "special" minis in GW1 that would be available from promotions etc. are worth quite a bit of money.

The one thing I'm disappointed in is not including additional character slots as part of the promotion for DDE/CE.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    I'd be very interested in totally digital CE with more stuff that was useful or fun or cool in game.
    I feel the same way, there's a chance I'd actually dish out $150 if it was a significant number of in-game items. Just don't need stuff I'd look at once and then just forget about, filling up space and collecting dust...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Meanwhile Blizzard is including access to the MoP beta with their annual pass, yet somehow NCsoft is an evil empire when they do exactly the same thing as the industry leader that everyone wuvs?
    According to the internet I think "industry leader that everyone hates with the fire of a thousand suns" is more accurate. But yeah, there's nothing wrong with it, and it's even more ridiculous to see this as some "big bad NCSoft move" considering they already did the same thing with GW1. Why would rewarding your loyal fans ever be considered a bad thing? I don't get it.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-03-14 at 01:35 PM.

This Collector's Edition looks to actually BE a COLLECTOR's edition this time, with the Digital Deluxe being more like a special edition. I won't be needing a collector's edition as I'm waaaay to messy to collect anything but pokémon in my pokémon games(and even there my boxes get filled up unorganized and messy), but the Digital Deluxe seems like my kind of package!
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Collector's edition, and more than likely a standard digital edition, just because I'm that stupid
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Standard edition for me, I'm pretty much at the limit of nerdy stuff my gf allows into the apartment, more posters and models will only end up collecting dust somewhere out of sight anyway (though I might try and get my hands on the artbook somehow later, since I love the GW art)

10+ Year Old Account
    I plan to get 3 collectors editions, one for each family member. I’m not sharing my music CD with anyone lol!