Anything seem OP/Crazy Fun!!

I know this thread my be a little premature. But if you are like me, and cant get enough info on GW2, then Im sure you have looked at tons of abilities from most classes and most effects in the game. I was just seeing if anyone had an opinion if anything might seem a bit "overpowered". This does not need to turn into a "Flame on X Profession" thread. I just want to know what people are thinking about some skills.

Here are a few I had in mind:

The Thiefs Cloak and Dagger -- I know it costs a lot of initiative but being able to stealth anytime I want is just going to be SOOO FUN (OP against other classes )

The Debuff, Weakness -- Weakness is a condition that causes attacks to result in a glancing blow (about 50-75% reduced hit) 50% of the time and slows endurance regeneration. I know most classes can do this debuff, but I just think that it is a little TOO good. Mainly the glancing blow part. I think it needs to be lowered to around 20% of the time.

My ranger and my cousins warrior coming across anything else in the game. Get ready to get owned!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valek View Post
    The Thiefs Cloak and Dagger -- I know it costs a lot of initiative but being able to stealth anytime I want is just going to be SOOO FUN (OP against other classes )
    Stealth is a temporary effect.

The Debuff, Weakness -- Weakness is a condition that causes attacks to result in a glancing blow (about 50-75% reduced hit) 50% of the time and slows endurance regeneration. I know most classes can do this debuff, but I just think that it is a little TOO good. Mainly the glancing blow part. I think it needs to be lowered to around 20% of the time.
    Abilities that apply this have fairly long cooldowns. We don't know full details on the duration of the Weakness debuff that these skills apply, but I doubt it's for a very long period of time.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-14 at 06:00 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't count on anything being OP for too long. ArenaNet is pretty good with balance.

(Everything will be crazy fun though)

Elementalist Elite Skill - Tornado
    Too much fun! Can't wait to spread carnage as my asura ele

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Elementalist Elite Skill - Tornado
    Too much fun! Can't wait to spread carnage as my asura ele
    Stability boon and you're tornado "only" do damage :P

Stealth in GW2 is more short vanishes for only a few seconds. It seems like stealth will be used more to quickly run away, or make the opponents loose sight of you, confusing the opponent player, more than anything. Many skills such as the Mesmer's illusions are like this playing tricks on the player rather than the character. Skill will defiantly play a part, a good player will be near impossible to keep track of.

Quote Originally Posted by azzer24 View Post
    Stability boon and you're tornado "only" do damage :P
    Still be fun to be a tornado
    That's gonna be popped often while out n about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything seem OP/Crazy Fun!!?
    This game once it's released.

And hopefully ArenaNet won't do what Blizzard does and have "Flavor of the Expansion" classes.

/shudder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    This game once it's released.

And hopefully ArenaNet won't do what Blizzard does and have "Flavor of the Expansion" classes.

/shudder
    I will eat my arm if anything is considered OP for more than a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Still be fun to be a tornado
    That's gonna be popped often while out n about.
    Far as I can tell, you don't become immune to anything as a tornado. The moment you change into one, prepare to suddenly become focused by every enemy player nearby in PvP, tossing chills and cripples and stuns and knockbacks your way. ^_^
    Note: It locks you out of your 6-0 while you're a tornado.

So I imagine it's going to primarily be a PvE skill. And even then, that's assuming you get lucky with enemy AI not targeting you. We've seen in dungeons so far that there's plenty of knockdowns and other CC effects!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Far as I can tell, you don't become immune to anything as a tornado. The moment you change into one, prepare to suddenly become focused by every enemy player nearby in PvP, tossing chills and cripples and stuns and knockbacks your way. ^_^
    Note: It locks you out of your 6-0 while you're a tornado.

So I imagine it's going to primarily be a PvE skill. And even then, that's assuming you get lucky with enemy AI not targeting you. We've seen in dungeons so far that there's plenty of knockdowns and other CC effects!
    boo hiss
    /stamps foot. It will still be fun to be a tornado in the countryside...all alone while no one's watching and can cc me.
    Squirrels beware!

@DrakeWurrum

I'm pretty sure the tornado form makes you immune to all those movement imparing effects. You actually become quite powerful at Mele. However from some of the interviews with developers it sounds like the weakness of the tornado is ranged attacks, you just have to kite it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think there'll be a lot of class combo spells that will become really strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I think there'll be a lot of class combo spells that will become really strong.
    Is there maybe some place where you can find them all? I've only seen 2 I think, one of them is firewall and other was thunder something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpiece View Post
    @DrakeWurrum

I'm pretty sure the tornado form makes you immune to all those movement imparing effects. You actually become quite powerful at Mele. However from some of the interviews with developers it sounds like the weakness of the tornado is ranged attacks, you just have to kite it.
    I looked it up on the wiki before I posted, it doesn't give stability.

10+ Year Old Account
    I looked it up on the wiki before I posted, it doesn't give stability.
    Yes, but it I a form skill, because you're changing forms they can make it just flat out immune, if they just gave you a boon it'd be for a limited time and could be removed. If they have a switch that they can flip on abilities to choose whether they're block able or unblock able they likely have one for Cc immunity too.

And a crazy fun ability I'd name would be feeding frenzy and the hawk swarm abilities! Fish and birds will devour your souls as long as I am ranger!! *throws head back and cackles madly*
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Yes, but it I a form skill, because you're changing forms they can make it just flat out immune, if they just gave you a boon it'd be for a limited time and could be removed. If they have a switch that they can flip on abilities to choose whether they're block able or unblock able they likely have one for Cc immunity too.
    I just don't think they'll make it immune to CC like that to begin with, otherwise they have to make it's damage all too easy to manage and make it move super-slow automatically. I'm sure it's going to be a truly awesome transform to make use of, but it has to have a counter, even as an Elite skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't think they'll make it immune to CC like that to begin with, otherwise they have to make it's damage all too easy to manage and make it move super-slow automatically. I'm sure it's going to be a truly awesome transform to make use of, but it has to have a counter, even as an Elite skill.
    It does have a counter, it doesn't hit anything at range so you can stand back an shoot it with your range weapons, and I think it does move slower since there's plenty of videos of people running away from it, however there isn't a single video of someone chilling or crippling a tornado, I've seen one where a Mesmer tried to Blum one and it just poppe up saying Immune.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.