Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Another question, From being completely dark side do your eyes transform into the eyes most Sith lords possess, for example Darth Malgus, Their kind of a mix of yellow and red, or should I just set my eye color to yellow?

10+ Year Old Account
    When you are full dark 5 your eyes are pure red, also you get dark patches around your eyes, your skin lightens, and get lots O' veins show up on your face head area

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dillonsmithusacom View Post
    Another question, From being completely dark side do your eyes transform into the eyes most Sith lords possess, for example Darth Malgus, Their kind of a mix of yellow and red, or should I just set my eye color to yellow?
    A little dated maybe but here are some links to pics.

http://forum.alterswtor.com/index.ph...tion-pictures/
    http://swmmo.blogspot.com/2011/11/yo...dark-side.html

You can also turn it off too.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    A little dated maybe but here are some links to pics.

http://forum.alterswtor.com/index.ph...tion-pictures/
    http://swmmo.blogspot.com/2011/11/yo...dark-side.html

You can also turn it off too.
    The pure red is just too badass for me : \

10+ Year Old Account
    The pure red is just too badass for me : \
    With my pureblood toons I kept it turned off. I didn't like how pink it made their skin. With other races though I usually left it on.

With my pureblood toons I kept it turned off. I didn't like how pink it made their skin. With other races though I usually left it on.
    Im always a human

10+ Year Old Account
    Im always a human
    Ah, then it should look fine then. With the lighter redskins you end up looking really pink and with the darker redskins you end up looking kind of a light blue. Not badass at all in my opinion.

I have both toons, a Sith Jug and a Jedi Sentinel:

Since you don't know anything about the SW universe:
    There's the Republic, a massive number of planets gathered in a giant republic council, sort of like the United Nations, but planets instead of countries.

The Sith answer to their Emperor, who is like evil god, and from there, there's a hierarchy of Darths and lords, but basically, they want to conquer the universe. Enslave other species, and destroy the Republic.

So yes, the Empire is evil, and the Republic is good. Anyone who says otherwise is full of shit.

That being said, more of my toons are on the Empire, and I enjoy playing there more. They have a higher population. Their capital is a lot cooler. Their voice actors are WAY better. I also find a lot of their dialogue to be more interesting.

Yes, your character can be "evil or light" through your own preference.

But when you're on the empire it's like....
    Dark Choice - Kill him
    Light Choice - Take him back for torture...
    wtf right?

When you're on the republic it's like...
    Dark Choice - Kill him
    Light Choice - Arrest him

Empire deal with issues like in house power struggle, destroying your classmates, setting up your allies to die.
    Republic will deal with issues like corruption in your government, weak will from your leaders, and desertion from your troops.

The sith warrior story is one of my favorites. It's a simple story of your character rising through the ranks of an evil organization via murders, feats and backstabbing.
    The Jedi Knight story is also very solid. It's a semi complicated story of your character going around saving the universe against evil plots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe... Yeah, loved the Dark Side choices in this game. Its so much easier to just kill the bastard than deal with their crap.
    I couldn't tell you how many times during my Warrior's story that dialog ended with a lightsaber to the face.

"My lord, the orphanage is on fire!"

/lightsaber to the face

"Sire, the emperor commands you too-"

/lightsaber to the face

"Master look, bunnies!"

/lightsaber to the face
    /force choke the bunnies

/force choke the bunnies
    Not the bunnies!

Windry's assessment is pretty spot on. There was one quest where your darkside option was to give some people a little bit of a poison so they die slowly in agony, and the lightside option was to give them too much poison so they died quickly. That pretty much illustrated to me that on the Empire side your option is evil and slightly less evil...

Hehe... Yeah, loved the Dark Side choices in this game. Its so much easier to just kill the bastard than deal with their crap.
    I couldn't tell you how many times during my Warrior's story that dialog ended with a lightsaber to the face.

"My lord, the orphanage is on fire!"

/lightsaber to the face

"Sire, the emperor commands you too-"

/lightsaber to the face

"Master look, bunnies!"

/lightsaber to the face
    /force choke the bunnies
    I liked one of the first few IA quests on Dromund Kaas, as a male IA. Flirt, flirt, flirt, flirt, hit with butt of rifle, shoot in face. Oh, and Kaliyo enjoyed it, so, you know, bonus.

Also, as an Imperial, you're not wholly evil. You can spare people's lives and such as LS choices, much to the chagrin of your temporary superiors, though you tend to follow up with a scowl or "get the hell out of here before I change my mind" kind of comments.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    I play a dark side Jedi; its more fun then when I was playing a dark side Sith - to me at least. Going against the grain is ftw
    Playing against your faction's nature, dark side Republic or light side Empire, is really fun, and effects some quest out comes. For instance, one Republic quest on Tatooine has you trying to get information from a retired Czerka security officer. If you choose the light side option you have to run around repairing the npc's equipment, but if you choose the the dark side option to smack him around you bypass the part where you repair the equipment. So what ever faction you choose you can choose an alignment (good, bad or even in between) that suits your play style. I have a friend that is playing his Smuggler by choosing only options that will make him profit, which is pretty much a grey character.

Good luck OP and I hope you have fun playing the game.

Deleted
    Ello, I'm new here, First of all, Nice too meet you all,

Luckily I got a trial invitation from a very nice person and I have played every class in this game, The two that stand out are Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior, I do love that red lightsaber but I need a bit help choosing my class, I generally choose my faction and class based apon my real motives.

So heres my problem, I like being decent like a Jedi but I hate that they don't use much emotion, I love how the Sith utilize their emotion, but their just so damn evil.

So to narrow down my decision I was hoping someone could explain the factions to me, I literally have no clue about the factions or what their motives are, Why is the Republic good? and why is the Empire bad?

Thanks and I hope someone can help me out.
    YOu can be a light side sith as much as you can be a dark side Jedi.
    In quests there are light side options (you doing the good thing) and dark side options (you doing the bad thing)