Rogue's Future Abilities determined by Blizzard or the players?

So I noticed that Blizzard is actually incorporating a lot of rogue abilities and ideas that players have suggested in the past. One example is a baseline shadowstep but also smokebomb, leeching poison (which is to come), and a shrukin throw that generates combo points (which is also to come). Do you guys think it is possible that Blizzard will eventually start letting the players decide the new abilities for their class each expansion?

But shadow step isn't, and has never been baseline (and in fact, they are borderline removing it from the game in MoP). I also don't recall any mention of smokebomb (at least one that works as the current one does). Also a ranged cp generator is something that has been brought up before, but its also a completely obvious idea for a new and useful move, so I wouldn't really say player suggestions are the real reason its being given to us.

Preparation is probably going to be moved around a bit, it doesn't fit in a bracket with other transportation-based abilities.

Smoke Bomb is standard still. I'd actually like it if it'd work like a Disc Priest's bubble, but only for AoE damage.

Every ability in the final tier is situational. Don't judge them until we have a chance to try them.

Back on topic a bit, none of the new abilities are something I've seen "requested" by players other than Shuriken Toss, and that has probably been in the making for a while now.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Rogues flipped out over the mobility/mobility/ability-to-actually-play choice on the prep tier, and Blizzard defended it with vehemence- so while it looks out of place, I'm pretty damned sure it will go live like that, at least at first. Honestly, I think they need to take smoke bomb off of prep, because that's the most mandatory part of it.

Blizzard has a VERY strong history of taking player suggestions for rogues. Cloak of shadows, deadly throw, fan of knives (though that had pedigree in WCIII) were all brought up on the forums before they existed.

Shuriken throw is exciting- the final tier looks pretty good. PvE will almost assuredly just be the combo point management one though, but in pvp all three have stuff they bring to the table.

I've only been playing a rogue since the start of Cataclysm, I guess I don't have much experience with Blizzard taking suggestions for abilities from the rogue community.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Rogues flipped out over the mobility/mobility/ability-to-actually-play choice on the prep tier, and Blizzard defended it with vehemence- so while it looks out of place, I'm pretty damned sure it will go live like that, at least at first. Honestly, I think they need to take smoke bomb off of prep, because that's the most mandatory part of it.

Blizzard has a VERY strong history of taking player suggestions for rogues. Cloak of shadows, deadly throw, fan of knives (though that had pedigree in WCIII) were all brought up on the forums before they existed.

Shuriken throw is exciting- the final tier looks pretty good. PvE will almost assuredly just be the combo point management one though, but in pvp all three have stuff they bring to the table.
    I agree, it probably will go live like that. I think the mandatoryness of the 2nd cloak rivals that of the 2nd SB cause remember you have basically no mobility with prep and that allows you to use one cloak for mobility/cc prevention while still saving the crucial defensive one. Either way, they need to take those 2 things off prep and make it baseline.

See I remember people asking for a defensive cd against casters, a decent way to apply a ranged snare to catch back up, and an ae due to us being one of the only people without any kind of ae. As far as suggestions actually close to what we ended up with, don't remember any at all. I'll give the shuriken toss since what has been asked for was a ranged cp generating move and that matches up perfectly.